S7 MATCH DAY 4 - CUP ROUND 1

Started by J-Reedy, May 28, 2012, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Yesterday Getingarna lost against the Wolf-Whistlers 1-2.

The match started out quite badly for me but it got better and at the end I was happy again.

I started as receiver and managed to get hold of the ball and build a big cage, but then the wolves started to play
T1: My mercenary ogre got badly hurted
T2: My Star Player got KO'ed
T3: After some skulls and failed dodges from me it was easy for the wolves to grab the ball
T4: A ghoul scored a TD and will level
Note to myself: Not a good idea to try to get through in the center against flesh golems and zombies.

New drive for me and I manage to find a hole in the defence and get within TD distance but a slight miscalculation from my side left a cage with only 3 corner's and naturally I lost the ball. After that no one got hold of the ball for the rest of the half.
Note to myself: Right flank worked ok but needs to remember how to build a proper cage. A.k.a. BB 101

Second half the wolves scored their TD as planned (by them) but I managed to pressure them to do it early (mainly by a stunning 5 desperate and succeesful dodges in the same turn to reposition my players) and a turned back clock made it at least possible in theory to draw for me.
Note to myself: Need to find a better way to hold of the offence than desperate dodges

On my third drive of the match I managed to get past on the left side and score a 2-turn TD.
Note to myself: Flanks are good against a slow team, it gives local superiority in numbers

Three turns left of the match and I tried to get hold of the ball quite desperately but failed and so the match ended. Got 10 SPP and one blitzer will level. It feels nice to be able to develop the team.

tags

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on May 31, 2012, 09:08:08 AM
With that throwing techique on the beast, don't think so ;)

But yeah, it was definently not impossible.
Well, if I hadn't been forced to use my RR to clear a path through on the right flank (and I wouldn't if I didn't have to make a desperate play because of the PD), I would still at least have an RR for throwing with the AG4 beast :)

But yeah, it was always a long shot.

Barmution

Just confirming that I'll be here for the match at 20.30, Mr. B.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Mr. B? You there? Your connection seems to have dropped :(
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

If you don't reply here VERY soon, I'm going to have to drop out myself to avoid the match getting registered.

Barmution

Nothing much I could do there, I'm afraid. We'll have to find time for a rematch.

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on June 01, 2012, 10:47:57 PM
Nothing much I could do there, I'm afraid. We'll have to find time for a rematch.
hahaha, what a joke for a game.

Mr B

I have to cool down first... Geez.

Barmution

Yeah, I imagine that can't have been a fun game to lose to technical errors.  :( My condolences, man.

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on June 01, 2012, 10:53:26 PM
Yeah, I imagine that can't have been a fun game to lose to technical errors.  :( My condolences, man.
Ohh, how crappy is this.
I was about to give you the game... but it was not recorded... Jawn!!

Settle for a 1-1 admin draw Or, you'll give me a win 2-0 admin win?
I have no time to play extra games and no interest in delaying the league any further.

/B

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on June 02, 2012, 05:39:05 PM
Ohh, how crappy is this.
I was about to give you the game... but it was not recorded... Jawn!!

Settle for a 1-1 admin draw Or, you'll give me a win 2-0 admin win?
I have no time to play extra games and no interest in delaying the league any further.

/B
Well, I ALT-F4'd out so we could have a shot at a rematch, but if you haven't got the time I'd rather not lose MVP/winnings. Anyway, I can live with an admin'ed loss, but it's up to you. You sure you can't do a rematch early tomorrow (10.00-13.00 starting time)?

Mr B

Lets see what I can do...

Ill try to be there at 10 cest

Barmution

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on June 03, 2012, 10:01:38 AM
Super!

Logging in now!
Game finished!!!
Wohoo!

Thanks a bunch Barmy for replay!
BB-M updated.

New week, new games, new dices!
/B

Barmution

Yeah, gratz on an extremely well played match, mr. B!

1st half I couldn't get any of your guys out and was caught way out of position by a snake eyes dodge, which you exploited to effectively shut me out from the game entirely. The 2nd half blitz! didn't help, but the way you stopped my consolation score was truly masterful. Good game and a well deserved win, B! That ag4/mv7/dodge guy is just SO great on a bashy team, you'd better keep him safe (*cough* This is your cue, Golden *cough*).

-Barm