Season 4 starts here!

Started by Mr B, August 20, 2011, 08:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rotty

If possible, could we play the same way as season 1 and 2- with two divisions (and Ull's Pasture for low TV teams) to even the TV scores a bit. I.e. let the high level TV teams bash out in Division 1 and the one other sin Division 2 and fresh teams in Ull's pasture. A classical division play where the best in division 2 can climb to division 1 and the worst gets down to division 2.

I'm no super rules master in how to arrange tournaments but I hope you get my point :)

Any for or against this ?

/ Rot
// Rotty; in-game Ratstick

Konna

I'm all for separate divisions, but seeing how many new teams are entering the season it might make more sense to either have a small high-TV division and a larger TV1000 division or two of the same size with a couple coaches foolhardy enough to give their lambs to the slaughter for the old teams in the other division. That's my two cents anyways.

Mr B

Indeed that is the plan...
NUL are now (correct me if I am wrong) 7 new teams -> Div2
6 Old teams -> Div1

Soo I would like one more rookie team.. do anyone know one more player who can join?
Search around..

The plan now as the season 3 will be finished to day.. hopefully.
Is to arrange the divisions and send out passwords later this evening.
Then one week to apply then we can start the actual games next Monday.

Valhalla Cup will be div 1 with the old teams.
Ulls Pasture will be div 2 with the new teams.

Over and out!
/B

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on September 04, 2011, 07:29:50 PM
6 Old teams -> Div1

If I'm reading the 1st page list correctly, The Golden Arrow is listed twice with a new team, thus making it 6 new teams and alleviating the need for another rookie team.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

But I can play two teams obviously...

6+6 works better anyway, even number of teams are always better.

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on September 05, 2011, 10:42:37 AM
Quote from: Mr B on September 04, 2011, 07:29:50 PM
6 Old teams -> Div1

If I'm reading the 1st page list correctly, The Golden Arrow is listed twice with a new team, thus making it 6 new teams and alleviating the need for another rookie team.
Cool, thanks!
Getting ready now...

Barmution

Just took a look at Moonuel's Dark Elf team in Ull's Pasture, and I got to hand it him: That is one insanely gutsy start roster! Don't you ever roll 1s or double-skulls, man?  :D No re-rolls or apo isn't for the faint of heart...
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

mooonuel

Quote from: Barmution on September 06, 2011, 05:41:04 PM
Just took a look at Moonuel's Dark Elf team in Ull's Pasture, and I got to hand it him: That is one insanely gutsy start roster! Don't you ever roll 1s or double-skulls, man?  :D No re-rolls or apo isn't for the faint of heart...

That may change. Was expecting to be in a league with developed teams so figured i get my rerolls as inducements and go with a maxed out Dark Elf team. Clearly that is not now the case   ::)
Do believe though that Dark Elves can benefit from the 1R 4B 2WE 4L No Rerolls Build

Barmution

Quote from: mooonuel on September 06, 2011, 10:19:20 PM
That may change. Was expecting to be in a league with developed teams so figured i get my rerolls as inducements and go with a maxed out Dark Elf team. Clearly that is not now the case   ::)
Do believe though that Dark Elves can benefit from the 1R 4B 2WE 4L No Rerolls Build
Yeah, that makes more sense. I also agree that you might benefit from that build, but you are tempting Nuffle something fierce. A couple of MNG early and you risk getting MVP on loners and such nonsense. More power to you if you actually pull it off, tho  ;D

mooonuel

Trying it in Snotling Soda and had 3 Blitzers killed so far  ;D
Cant turn out that bad again  :-\ can it ??

Mr B

Quote from: ToFex80 on September 03, 2011, 05:55:56 PM
I've lined up a new team of lizards to join the fun... Just wanted to make a short note that I'll be away from the 10th to the 17th...
Thats Ok, but please apply with your team before the 10th.

Thanks!
/B

Barmution

Quote from: mooonuel on September 07, 2011, 08:05:54 PM
Trying it in Snotling Soda and had 3 Blitzers killed so far  ;D
Cant turn out that bad again  :-\ can it ??
Ouch!
Let's hope not  :P

ToFex80

Mr.B

Don't know if i've told you, but we've had a sudden death in the family. So i won't be home and playable before sunday 18th. I'll make a friend apply my team later today.

Catch up with you again in a week...

staffan

I am very busy next week and it is a game convention next weekend 16-18 sept in Stockholm !

Is it possible to prolong the first game week of season 4 ?