The Play Off

Started by The Golden Arrow, August 22, 2011, 11:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 26, 2011, 06:25:28 PM
I'm home now. So lets say 20.00?
Ohh.. 20:20 is better.. but I'd do what I can to get here sooner.

The Golden Arrow

Mr B

Hats off for the the Hunters of Silver!
The game was postponed in to overtime where Billy the star made the difference!
Good luck in the grand finale!

/B

The Golden Arrow

Thanksfor tha game :) I

t was a very close game that the dice shifted in my favour. AG 5 wights help of course, still nothing compared to the monsters some of the other teams can field...

Wouldn't it be awesome if the silver hunters could finish their career with a win after a second and a third/fourth place. That would certainly be a fitting end...

J-Reedy

- Warm welcome to all you listeneners out there! I'm Trip Skulsson-Plok and I'll be reporting the playoff match between the two amazon teams Cougar Kittens and Jungle_boogie to you with my collegue Dabble Onz. Say hi to the folks Dabble!
- Hi.
- As articulate as ever our Dabble there. The game is about to start, Boogiers won the coin toss and elected to kick-off first. Bit surpising isn't it Dabble?
- No.
- That's right! The school of thought that you're better off defending with a full squad has been winning ground lately and more and more teams have started to use the first kick-off. And there it goes! The ball lands off bounds! Kittens coach tosses the ball to the star Receiver Kristin Lang. No surprise there. Am I right or am I right Dabble?
- Yes.
- And now the action starts! Oof, nice block by the linewoman Cameron! Looks like the that linewoman won't be boogying any more in this match! She's hurt!
- Badly.
- Right you are! And Kristin is advancing to line of scrimmage, Kittens are forming a tight cage around her. But here comes the boogying blitzer Antianara Thermadosa and she invades the cage by pushing one of the Kitten linegirls back! But here come the Kittens. One! Two! Three! Four! Unbelieveble! Antianara took three blocks and a blitz and she's still standing!
- Firmly.
- Kristin has no choice but to dodge out of her reach but looks like Antianara is not having it. She's going after Cameron to follow Kristin and Cameron is down! Looks like they're going have to carry her out. How seriously do you think she was hurt Dabble?
- Badly.
- Expert as ever you are mr. Onz. Looks like the Boogiers are taking the cage apart one girl at the time and putting pressure on Kristin. But there she goes! Dodged out again and now she's gunning to the right flank! Only a couple of boogiers there with three Kittens! Boogiers are reacting to the play by running to cover the deep right side and their blitzer is putting pressure on Kristin. But here comes Eva Gabrielle of the Kittens and takes the Blitzer down! But wait! Now Eva is down too! Looks like she tried run a bit too fast and stumbled on to her feet! What's your last name Dabble?
- Onz.
- Just checking that you're still here. Boogiers are surrounding the ball but as there are too many Kittens they don't have a chance to get pick it up. Kittens back at work pushing the Boogiers away from the ball. And now Zara the Slayer puts on her blitzing groove and clears the ball! Looks like she's trying to pick it up!
- Fail.
- And a magnificent one of such! Ball takes a bounce and ends up on the feet of three Kittens. Looks like Christina of the Kittens is going deep for a passing chance! But there comes Okypous of the Jungle_boogie and Christina goes down! And another magnificent block from the Jungle_boogie! Looks like Jennifer is hurt!
- Badly.
- Right again there Dabble. Either Kittens have trouble with their balance or Boogiers have been working on their tackling skills. But there's Kristin Lang again! She took a while to recover from that stunning blow but she finally managed to get up and blitzed her way to the ball and is now holding it!
- Wrong.
- Right you are Dibble! Boogiers star thrower Akantha the Brazenface put Kristin down.
- Out.
- Knocked out she is, right you are Dabble. And there comes Andromache Deinomache from the Jungle_boogie and picks up the ball! Looks like there are too few Kittens standing up to do anything but Marcia Bree is trying! No dice there! Down she goes with that dodge failing. And Andromache is running for it giving it all she gotz and then some!
- Touchdown.
- Nice td right before the end of the first half! We'll have time for another kick-off but there won't be any time for the Kittens to score unless they blitz and looks like they didn't manage it. But there goes Teri Susan!
- Casualty.
- Right you are, that's what you get when you put unexperienced Anae Bright Moon against Teri Susan who is fast becoming one of the most violent players in the league! I think that is her eigth casualty for this season! And there's Zara stabbing other Jungle_boogie rookie to KO.
- Over.
- Yep, the referee blew the whistle and the first half is over. Time for a small break but stay tuned! Exciting second half will wait for us!

- And we're back! Trip Skulsson-Plok here with Babble Onz coming to you live...
- Unlive.
- We're not talking about race now Dabble. I think everybody knows you're not technically live anymore after that incident you had in your interview with that vampire team last year. What I was talking about is that we're broadcasting live.
- Kick-off.
- Oh right you are! Cougar Kittens kicked off the ball! It lands halfway to the Jungle_boogie endzone. Andromeda Evadne is there to pick it up and now she advances to the right flank. Rest of the Boogiers are guarding her but are staying quite far away from her. Any idea why that would be Dabble?
- Putter.
- Oh yes, totally forgot that the Cougar Kittens big fan Harry Putter is in the stands today and it just that happens that he is also a wizard! So Boogiers are avoiding crowding up just in case mr. Putter has taken her wand with him today!
- Tripledown.
- Yep, there goes the Kittens front line down as easy as a harlot in a bedroom. But now the Kittens are striking back! This could get violent Dabble!
- Shoving.
- Pushback after a pushback, Boogiers are clearly more adapt at staying on their feet than Kittens. Andromeda is advancing slowly with her team-mates clearing the route, how many Kittens do you see down on the ground now Dabble?
- Four.
- And only three get up. Lots of pushing and shoving going on but nothing happening, Kittens aren't just getting any boogiewomen down. Kittens on the other hand are flying around like witches on Weenyhell Day. Andromeda is now almost at a scoring distance. But wait what happened! Why is she down?
- Zap.
- Could be mr. Putter's fault indeed, you may be right Dabble! Ball is on the ground, Kristin Lang is there to guard it, other Kittens trying to get there but Jungle_boogie is having none of the that! Down goes Kristin and Akantha Brazenface has a clear route to the ball. She has the ball and is going for a TD pass!
- Botched.
- That was a perfect pass! How could the catcher drop it! Here come the Kittens, swamping the ball but not only getting one Boogier down.
- Foul.
- And a clear one! Teri Susan just put a blatant fould on the downed Boogier but the ref is not doing anything! Must be paid off. Too many Boogiers and too few Kittens around the ball, won't take much longer I reckon. Yes, there comes the Jungle_boogie's blocking crew! Kitten down, another one, third one pushed back. The ball is clear and Andromeda Evadne gets another chance! She's got the ball and a clear route to the endzone!
- Teedy.
- 2-0 for the Jungle_Boogie! Kittens have exactly half of the second half left to try to score. Looks like they're swarming the line of scrimmage with just a couple Kittens waiting for the ball. It's a high kick, blitzr Scavo Huffman has all the time in the world to get under it. Caught it! She advances to middle. Zara is going deep. Kittens front line doing little to help their scoring chances, only one Boogier goes down and the centrefield is crowded. Down goes Zara, four Boogiers taking care of her. That settles it, no chance for the Kittens to tie the game. Kristin tries to get through the left flank, trying to go for the consolation TD. There comes the pass from Scavo!
- Scattered.
- Right you are dabble, bad pass but Kristin managed to haul it in but looks like she won't enjoy it long. Yep, she's pushed back off the field. Block there, blitz, nothing happening.
- Blows.
- That the referee does, in his whistle I mean! And the game is over! Jungle_boogie advance to the final with a convincing 2-0 victory over the Cougar Kittens!

And here are the less flamboyant off-character comments: Nothing to do. Both the opposing coach and team were just better today. Couldn't get Krim's girls down while his tacklers were downing my girls all over the field. Dice seemed fair for both sides. Thanks to Krim for the nice game! I'll try to do better next season.