Season 4 Match 5 - Valhalla Cup

Started by J-Reedy, October 14, 2011, 09:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

OK as the only admin that is totally unaffected by this game I guess it falls to me. As I see it we cannot rule this differently just because it's one of the best teams that are affected and we obviously don't know the result for sure.

Therefore I must say that the only possible solution is to make the game a 1-1 tie. I know this is not a favorable solution, but all solutions are bad and this is the only was to rule this and still have some chance to solve similar problems consistently in the future.

krim_nielsen

I agree and dont :)
agree because the "rule of tie" has been used in a previous example
when its up for a vote on how the rule is going to be I strongly vote for wins on the teams that clearly has nothing to do with the conn. problems :)

its all good, but we need to ask this question before next season :)

Mr B

Quote from: krim_nielsen on November 02, 2011, 10:21:12 PM
its all good, but we need to ask this question before next season :)
Yupp, that is crystal!

But how shall we solve this?
Even talking about this problems in the upcoming seasons I do not really have a clue, or a strong reason to do, this or that way.
I mean, who's the guilty one?
I have had port problems in other groups and neither of us has any problems playing other games.
But between A&B it just isn't possible.
I cannot blame A and not B, they clearly play both vs others.
That's why I vote for a 1-1.

Just my point of view..
/B

krim_nielsen

if thats the case then its a solid argument for 1-1's
I just thought getting the message "somethings fucked with a router port" it coulndt be me, since I dont have a router :)

Im not used to these problems so I have no experience in this area, but there are games with coaches that simply wont match no matter what they do?

Mr B

Quote from: krim_nielsen on November 02, 2011, 10:48:23 PM
if thats the case then its a solid argument for 1-1's
I just thought getting the message "somethings fucked with a router port" it coulndt be me, since I dont have a router :)

Im not used to these problems so I have no experience in this area, but there are games with coaches that simply wont match no matter what they do?
Yupp, I am not sure what problems Cyanide have but the default message cannot be trusted.
I have had games starting like yours.. restart (logout/in) and challenge fast and whoops the game starts and nobody did nothing it just suddenly works.. so I do not trust the message...
*if not able to start print "Blabla port problems blabla!"*
Sounds good then we do not have to take the blame.. go for that and then we fix the problem in a patch.........