Match Reports, Banter, Trash Talk and Graveyard

Started by J-Reedy, November 28, 2011, 11:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Welcome to the after games lounge for NUL's season 5. Here you can give your match reports, ridicule or praise your opponent, enemies and friends, report your fallen and retired players and just generally talk trash about the game. Just remember the following:

- Remember that even ogres, trolls and other less intellectually-inclined races may get the joke you tell about them. It just may take them couple of weeks, so you could be unpleasantly surprised by an ogre bashing your skull in just when you're singing praises of that nice wench you met earlier.
- Never ever never challenge a dwarf to a beer jugging contest or take up their challenges.
- Don't be too harsh on the vertically challenged folk (like halflings and skinks). Remeber that they're just at the right height to hit you where it hurts the most.
- Nuffle, the Great God of Dices, is watching and may punish those who brag of their skills too much.

J-Reedy

Minutes of the general meeting of registered association Gentleman Wolf-Whistlers (referred to as the association in the minutes for purpose of clarity)
at Fasta, Stronga and Betta Stadium, locker room B (visitor's locker room)

Members:
Present: Geri the Greedy, Freki the Hungry, Droopy Avery, Teddy, Orson, Hercule, Sherlock, Auguste, Arsene, Moriarty, Auric
As no one was absent, the meeting was noted to have quarum.
Others present: The association's recident physician, the noted doctor of necromancy, Mr. Coach Trainer.

Proceedings:
- The association's weekly meeting was called to order at 5.45 pm. by inspector Auguste.
- Incpector Auguste was chosen as the chairman of the meeting.
- After five minutes of silence Incpector Auguste was replaced as a chairman by Mr. Teddy as it was noticed that Incpector Auguste's jaw had fallen off when he was trying to perform the traditional opening wolf-whistle of the meeting and Incpector Auguste was now chacing the rat that had caught his jaw.
- Incpector Auguste was granted a permission to leave the meeting temporarily after the above mentioned rat ran out the door.
- Mr. Teddy opened the meeting with a lovely wolf-whistle of the eye-popping and tongue hanging type.
- Mr. Teddy's eyes were found and inserted into place by Mr. Trainer.
- It was discussed why the place for the year's first meeting had to be Ogre stadium where crowd traditionally has not very many spectators of female persuasion that could be considered wolf-whistling worthy. It was decided that the association should file a formal complaint with the NUL Blood Bowl League who are responsible for booking the meeting places. It was also decided that the league should be encouraged to allow every organization taking part in the league to hire amazon members.
- Geri the Greedy gave a presentation of new wolf-whistles under development by the association's sub-committee led by Mr. Greedy.
- Mr. Coach Trainer noted that association should be starting the physical activity part of the meeting, so the meeting was moved into the field of the Fasta, Stronga and Betta Stadium.
- The association won the coin toss and chose to kick-off the ball first. Members lined up into defensive formation.
- Members Hercule, Sherlock and Auguste were reprimanted for allowing themselves to be knocked down by the front line Ogres of the Fasta, Stronga and Betta.
- Freki the Hungry presented a lovely howling wolf-whistle after injuring snottling Nilbog Toadstool.
- The Association managed to stall the opposing attack on the last minutes of the first half so the first half ended with all 0 draw.
- During the half time the association argued if the growl of the boneheading ogres could be typed as a wolf-whistle. The issue was voted on and by the vote of 6 to 3 (Freki the Hungry and Droopy Avery were granted permission to abstain from voting due to fact they were knocked out) it was decided that, as the growl of the ogres was induced by individual's own stupidity rather than outside influences like red dresses and blonde hair, the growl would not be classified as wolf-whistle.
- At the start of the second half, the association lined up to attack formation with all their members present.
- Mr. Droopy Avery decided not to catch the ball that was kicked at him as he spotted a red dress at the stands. This decision was reprimanted, as the wearer of the dress was at closer inspection not classified as wolf-whistle worthy.
- Mr. Geri the Greedy picked up the ball and proceeded to run to the left flank where he stayed for some time while the members of both the Fasta, Stronga and Betta and the association decided to showcase their skills in being knocked down by missing their own blocks and failing dodges.
- As the members of the Fasta, Stronga and Betta were decided to be better at making self-inflected knock downs and Mr. Geri the Greedy proceeded to run towards the goal.
- Mr. Geri the Greedy decided to re-open the issue of which association is better at self-inflected knock downs by trying to run too fast and falling down.
- Fasta, Stronga and Betta were re-established as better self-knockdowners by the ogre Kurmak the Nuva who blocked himself down.
- Mr. Geri the Greedy picked up the ball again. After spending some time scanning the stands for the spot in the goal area where there would be most wolf-whistling inducers, he ran the ball for touchdown and presented a lovely wolf-whistle of chest-pounding variety.
- The association officially gratulated Mr. Geri the Greedy and took a defensive formation.
- The attack of the Fasta, Stronga and Betta was stopped in three turns and the association was declared the winner of the weekly meeting's physical activity by the score of 0 to 1 in touchdowns and 0 to 3 in casualties.
- The meeting of the association was closed with a tradional group wolf-whistle.

-----------
RL comments:
Even game with game being decided by hard dice for both teams. The "best" moment in the game were eight 1s that were rolled during ten throws (1 for gfi, 1 for gfi, two 1s for armor roll, 1 for bonehead, 2 for dodge, 2 for bonehead and two 1s for block).  The game was probably decided by the fact that my necros had the speed to recover from these mishaps. Good game from Golden Arrow with a challenging team.

The Golden Arrow

Yeah I have to agree with you. Nuffle showed his most wonderful mood and our guys competed with who could fail the most. For all those who have any idea how ogres play knows that this is very bad news for the ogres. They basically need near avarage dice to win a game.

Also no casualties for me the whole game (except for an ogre who managed to hurt himself when trying to block a golem). The snots where a lot less prone to get injured as well, but they don't really matter...

Mr B

So here we are just minutes after the game between the Disorganized Dudes and the Dragon Trainers.

HI Gobber!
You just won the MVP of the game how do you feel?
[G] Well, finally I got what I always should get!
Oookey it looks like you got some new Technic right after the game what did you learn?
[G] We drink and cover for each other, so not much to chose from! We are the best team out there!!! Hurray!!!
Eeh, you did lose and as a matter of facts your team did take some poundings, how you figure your the best team Gobber?
[G] Well we gave 100%, we rocked on all places and we just blow them all like frozen bears!
Frozen bears?
[G] "Buuurp!!"
Nice, ok thanks for that Gobber.
So here we are with the winning side Theshishogaras, you just won the MVP how do you feel?
[T] You idiot, my NAME is Thishnogors! But I feel great what a win, Woohooo!!!! Haha Dragon trainers they sure need some more training hahaha! 3point to us hi5! "Smack!"
[T] It was awesome mate, we really did some moves!
Yes tell me about that strange setup in second half?
[T] There really were talk in the line so to speak. But in the end we heard both coach and Eric the warrior talking about defense and then the ball came down to us.. haha but we fold the Dragon wanna bees. I have to hit the docks now bye!
The docks? Not the shower?
Looking in to the both teams shower rooms there are simply no one there, on the other hand Norse and Chaos are not spending time in that place I figure.

Ok, thats all for now as there are no one else left to interview.
And now a word for our proud sponsor Nikea, Just buy it!
*If you need a better medic or better equipment for him get to our store its indoor!
Now the prices are unique and we welcome YOU you little freak!
Recommended by the brilliant Goblin Dr Murder!"

In short the game was amazing and the norse struggled as hell to get the game going.
Well played I'll have a few more games until I am comfortable with this team only getting 20k out of this one is scary.

JerXou

We had quite a match with beuneri me losing by 1-2. Very lot of 1 dices somehow not so much skulls. There was quite many funny moments and some odd ones too. But in the end it was very tough match and great play. I was bit afraid that i was gonna lose skavens but only one died but that got saved by apo luckily :)

Barmution

Did one of you remember to upload the match to BBManager, JerXou?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

JerXou

Barmution

Excellent! Couldn't see the updated stats from work. I believe there's some time (10 min to an hour) between the game having been uploaded to the stats get updated. I'll be taking a sneak peek at your match to get some ideas of your Skaven-fu style  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

staffan

Thanx Oller for the game !

I didn't use BB manager, are we supposed to ?

I had a lot of luck with stuns, KOs and a few injuries. I managed to make a TD in 1st half, the Elfs managade to get 1-1 in T11 or so and the midgets did 2-1 in turn 15.
2 Elfs dead but one saved by the apot...

/Staffan

Oller

GG and cheers to Staffan!

Yes, we are supposed to use BB manager. I can upload the match so no worries there.

Frankly, even a tie-game would have been a victory to me. Going up against dwarves first was a tough situation and I would have required some pretty good rolls to make anything of this match. My abysmal AV and injury rolls, which managed to keep my players' faces down in the dirt or out of the pitch most of the match, and a couple of double 1's on my behalf made me switch to a too defensive playstyle after the lucky TD I scored at the start of the second half. Guess I should've tried to make another lucky break for a second point or at least keep pressure on the ball but the difference in the amount of players seemed too hard to overcome. Once that last stunty cage formed up - game over, baby.

Luckily, only my linemen took the worst hits and I won't be facing my next opponent too crippled so there is still hope for winning in the next match!

Mr B

Great!
So the day 1 is complete!
Moving the day ahead, meaning your game is validated now 8)

Cheers!
/B

JerXou

Alright.. Lets see now there was a match if you want to call it like that. Im not sure if it suppose to happen but it did and well it was quite nasty. I could say "GG" but im not sure i really mean it. 3-1 for my rats i hope barmution you grow to hate me i mean really.  ;D kidding of course but i know you will somewhere in future get even atleast somehow  ;)

Barmution

Just got quite horribly Nuffled in my match against JerXou (again  >:(), getting outscored 3-1 and at 3-3 cas, he ended up with a Niggled lino vs my two with respective -MV and -ST. Going to be a tough season if this keeps up... at D6 he was at +22 vs my +2 in BBManager, hardly needing re-rolls to dodge, pass or catch at all, while my 1s seemed to pile up. 2D6 was luckily quite low for both and block dice was fairly even, except for me getting 4 turnovers vs his 0 due to all my skulls/both down came bundled in a nice package in the 2. half. Here's to better luck to the Druchii and GG JerXou. After all, we agi teams must stick together in this über bashy environment. GL further on!  ;D

Beuenri

Me and J-Reedy got our 2nd round match finished just a while ago, and the game proved to be actually really tight.

The first few rounds of the first half proved to be quite nuffle unfriendly for J-reedy's Wolfgang(tm), ending up him burning all 3 of his rerolls during the first 3 (or 4?) rounds. I had a very lucky KO on one of his Flesh Golems in 2nd round, which helped me to clear up some space, and eventually get the ball to one of my Runners. But where nuffle gives, he also takes, so soon enough my luck started to turn, and while not being as bad as J-reedys, I still couldnt get my cage moving, most of the rounds my dwarfs were in the pitch catching some sleep in the beginning of the rounds and the critical blocks just didn't give the dice I would've needed.
When I noticed there being only 2 rounds left, my cage was broken, and my Runner who had the ball was still near the scrimmage with being tacklezoned by 2 opponents, I knew there wouldn't be enough time to score with him anymore, so I pulled up an "all-or-nothing" stunt, hand-offing the ball to a blocker behind my runner, running him to the side where I had one dwarf just gotten up from his beauty-sleep and thus not being tacklezoned by anyone, gave a lucky pass to him and made a sprint for it, max movement (4! :D) + 2 GFIs and I kept my chances of scoring.
J-reedy ofcourse did whatever he could at that point, which was freeing up his Wolf and doing the only logical thing to do - trying to blitz my ballcarrier -, with him having only 1 dice and 0 rerolls left I felt semi-comfortable since my Blocker obviously had block, and his Wolf didn't. The rolls ended up first being Pushback, and second one being a Skull, resulting in a turnover. That pretty much finished the first round, I got my TD after the turnover.

Second half was, well... How'd I describe it... Quite a "nuffle-show". It started pretty typically me getting the ball from kick-off. My cage was up and running soon enough, but this time J-Reedy and his Crew really meant business. My dwarfs felt like they still hadn't recovered from the first half, whereas his zombies, wolves and golems thirsted for revenge. First few rounds was pretty much picking up the sleeping dwarves in each turn and maybe doing one or two blocks and a blitz. I knew that couldn't go on for long, and it didn't, when my cage got broke down, his wolves immediately found the opportunity, their huge MA caught me off-guard and it ended up my Runner getting blitzed out of the game with a niggling injury and no apo to heal it.
Ball ofcourse dropped at the same instance, and luckily for me, it rolled quite far away from the wolves, and I got my chance to a bit organize my ranks and just do whatever I can to slow down the TD hungry team. Generally just pushbacks and skulls and only just few pows ended up him recovering fast and getting the ball back to one his wolfs. Luckily when he got his wolf to my side of the field with the ball, I got my opportunity, my Runner with a block got free and I managed to blitz his ballcarrier and get him down. I didn't have enough muscle to get the ball up, but I still had bought some time.
Next few rounds were the "nuffle-show" I was talking about early on. We literally had like 5 rounds in a row total which ended up to a turn-over from both sides. First he grabbed the ball with the wolf I had blitzed down in the previous round, and tried to run him to safe, GFI's were 1 and reroll 1 -> turnover. I then tried to run to grab the ball with my Runner which required me to roll one GFI, yeah, you guessed right, 1 and reroll 1 -> turnover. Next round he grabbed the ball with the wolf again, and tried to pass it to another one of his wolfs, ending up being roll 1, a turnover. I can't remember exactly what rolls we had after that, but it was like that for some rounds, which made the game extremely thrilling.
In the end Nuffle just didn't give J-reedy the small cooperation he would've needed to score, and the game ended up me winning 1-0.

Very exciting and nice match to play, and I hope the rest of the season will provide more of these kind of games. :)

Konna

Fasta Stronga Betta 1-1 Bloody Gorers. The way the dice fell on the first was unbelievably one sided in favor of the Gorers, but after half time the ogres got their game back in a major way and rammed the ball to the TD zone in spite of being one ogre down from the first half. The most memorable highlight was a beautiful hand-off from a snotling to a ogre near the LoS. A few turns later the score was tied. Thanks for the fun game, Golden Arrow!