Match Reports, Banter, Trash Talk and Graveyard

Started by J-Reedy, November 28, 2011, 11:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

Awesome :) This will be something to sing in Christmas for sure, just have to find the right crowd ;)

And Merry Christmas everyone! God Jul! "Strange finish word with letters thrown in at random"!

Mr B

Indeed!

From all of us to all of you!
May you get merry merry Christmas!

Dragon Trainers Inc.

Barmution

A bit late to the party here but merry christmas and god jul to everyone!  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

JerXou

Aight my rats vs kvasilads chaos ended 1-2 on Disorganized Dudes victory. It was exciting match on the half way but i had lost quite many rats which leaded to quite heavy underpower.

tags

Quote from: JerXou on January 03, 2012, 09:11:57 PM
Aight my rats vs kvasilads chaos ended 1-2 on Disorganized Dudes victory. It was exciting match on the half way but i had lost quite many rats which leaded to quite heavy underpower.

Thanks for the game! It got quite violent towards the end, but at least no-one died :)

Luiggi

Orkitis B.C. 0 - 2 Crunch Masters

The match between the two orc sides of the league ended up with a crushing defeat for the home team. Despite receiving in the first half and knocking down the defending front line, they retaliated and scored one casualty and one KO in the first two blocks of the game. Many other stuns would follow, leading the attackers to attempt a crazy play on the right wing. The thrower missed the quick pass, though, and the scattered ball ended up in the hands of one of Crunch Master's thrower. The other one fouled a lineman on the other side of the pitch, injuring him.

With 11 to 8, they had an easy time moving down field, though the rest of the team did not secure him properly and allowed a dodge and blitz to the carrier. The ball bounced a while back and after some struggle it ended up in midfield again. However, in turn 8 a blitzer picked it up and successfully passed it to a thrower, who was in scoring position.

Crunch Masters dominated the whole second half, and despite some attempts to strip the ball from their carrier, he had an easy time putting it in the end zone. However, the other thrower suffered a career-ending injury as the most dangerous blitzer in the Orkitis side piled on him to crush his collar bone. The apothecary tried to fix it, killing him in the process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was expecting much more from this match, as it should have been a rather contested game with plenty of bashing and some tactical pushes and knockdowns. However, it ended up being a walk in the park. The game was basically over when I found myself with 2 injuries and 1 KO in the second turn. I had a lineman fouled by a thrower with 3 assists (that were not even necessary to make the armor roll) in turn 2 and the ref didn't even send him off... go figure :D

Congratulations to Paspawn for the win. After a strong start I think my team will go down quite fast, especially with the fearsome werewolves coming waiting in week 6.

Paspawn

QuoteOrkitis B.C. 0 - 2 Crunch Masters

Considering how my team has been underperforming and being 1 Black Ork down, i was not very convinced with the outcome of this match. I was lucky to score some casualties early and that made tha game slope down. Luiggi did his best as I expected but it is very hard to play outnumbered in a mirror match.

However, there was a man who could not miss his weekly fail, and that was my apothecary who managed to end the promising career of my thrower who had just scored a TD.

I think we Orcs should paint our armors in red or something like that, at least we would be faster.

Luiggi

Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers 0 - 1 Orkitis B.C.

The fangs versus claws duel finished in an astonishing game full of action, blood and thrilling plays. Both sides made some mistakes in the blocking department that translated into unusual plays taking place.

Wolf-Whistlers won the coin toss and decided to defend the first drive. Orkitis B.C. didn't seem to be very motivated for this game, despite the rivalry, since they made some rookie mistakes in the blocking department that allowed the defending team to take initiative. They surrounded the loose ball in an attempt to score quickly, but the orcs managed to pull themselves together and fight for the ball. It remained on the floor for almost the whole first half, with both teams hitting each other and the ball bouncing all around. The home team suffered some casualties (a ghoul and a zombie) and a KO (zombie), nothing too serious in the long run but that put them in a great disadvantage for the rest of the match.

Orkitis capitalized on that advantage and overwhelmed the Gentlemen's line, gaining control of the ball. A blitzer started running upfield and got rid of a rookie werewolf that tried to stop him, knocking him down. His teammates tackled the opposition and he ran for the end zone to score with only a few seconds (1 turn) left. The orc coach left only three players to be the punchbags, but the offense got distracted and the rest of the team managed to pull off a perfect defense. Geri the werewolf knocked out a lineman, but the extra kegs of Bloodweiser Babes beer got him right up for the second half, as well as a black orc that had been KO'd earlier in the half.

After the break, the home team started tough. They injured an orc lineman and KO'd another player, evening things out a little. 9 versus 8 again, and the orcs adopted a cautious stance, waiting for the home team to rush forward. There was no way the werewolves could get injured, despite the blitzer's several attempts (which included some piling on), and his teammates didn't take it too well, so they stunned several orcs. A flesh golem and a wight opened up some space for Geri's run. In a desperate attempt, orcs started dodging out of some well placed tackle zones. First a blitzer (4+ 3+) marked Geri and his guard, but the rookie thrower failed to properly block him (gfi failed). All was clear for the Wolf-Whistlers to score the equalizer, but the wight got outblocked by the lone blitzer (quadra skulls). Geri withstood the next hit, and would only have had to dodge to the end zone, if it wasn't for a black orc named Morgur, who dodged and sprinted (4+ 2+ 2+) to block him and knock the ball loose near the sideline.

Now with the upper hand, the same black orc attempted to clear a path for the thrower to pick up the ball and move upfield... however, he failed miserably (2x skulls) and the home team had another go. However, a zombie made a strange move (missclick) in midfield and got tackled by the orcs, provoking a turnover. Two orc blitzers rushed at Geri to take him out for good, but he resisted the piling on. On turn 16, Geri got rid of the other marker and the final moment had come: all he had to do was to pick up the ball and sprint to the end zone... but somehow the ball slipped and bounced softly out of bounds. Game was over and disappointment reigned in the stands while both teams headed back to the locker room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It must have been the craziest game I've seen in a while. At least 5 double skulls (4 of them consecutive), failed pick up rolls, easy dodges being failed, tough dodges being made... A game that should have ended up 1-1 but for some reason ended up going in my favor. J-Reedy's missclick killed almost all his options to equalize and still it all came down to a failed 3+ pick-up.

Really well played game J-Reedy, with many ups and downs, really tough positions for me (at first half I could barely take the ball from you and in the second half I had to play desperately and still got away with it).

Good luck in the future and... get a new mouse!

The Golden Arrow

For some reason my game against Oller last week became a draw on BB manager even though I won, if someone could fix that it would be nice...

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 12, 2012, 01:03:05 AM
For some reason my game against Oller last week became a draw on BB manager even though I won, if someone could fix that it would be nice...
If you added the game, please remove it and upload it again.
/B

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

JerXou

My rats vs mighty golden arrows ogres ended with 0-1 to ogres victory. Game was Brutal absolutely brutal with quite many cas for both sides. My rats had some down hills and so did the ogres overall very brutal match for skavens good that nobody didint get seriously injured expect my thrower named "Doomed" :D well what do you expect.. Tho it was bit cool match with my commando rat who bashed ogres snotlings like they were sponges oh wait they might just be that :D

Mr B

A draw came up in the game, some neewb norse vs a dwarf team.
0-0 but it was one intense game that had a lot of everything.

Norse had more beer than the dwarf, showed by the muscles bashing out the dwarfs.
The blocking skills for the norse is still apparently not the safe side.

Dwarfs showed more speed than normal, missing one gfi out of 16 was quite impressive.
The dodge skills was quite good that also.
Not sure the armor was in place for this game. Maybe that was the price losing the beer contest in the tavern the night before the game.

One rip on a rookie Norse lino but the medic stayed as he was a rental one.
The norse team also missed to check the time as they got ready to score it was half time already.
Missing the thrower in the team the norse actually made more passes then they did having a thrower. Maybe this is a sign not to get those peckers.

Thanks for the game staffan, it was entertaining I really thought you had it when that lino manage to catch a bouncing ball.
Check it out on BBM channel.  ;D

Cheers!
/B

Beuenri

BuzcaBass 1 - 2 Crunch Masters

Ok, the first thing what comes into mind when recollecting this match is casualties, casualties everywhere.

My blocker armed with Guard ended up getting Badly hurt in just second turn into the game, making my game instantly look a lot more grim, knowing that those Guards are pretty essential in gaining even an equal ground when blocking against Black Orcs, it didn't look good.

The first TD was a solid performance by Paspawn, he got receive from coin toss, and gathered a nice force to push through my defenses, the casualty on my Guarded blocker pretty much sealed the deal, the only glimpse of hope was my Wizard which I had bought with inducements, got one KO with it and managed to get his ballcarrier down and with lucky bounces, get the ball on my blitzer. The luck was shortlived tho, since Paspawn got the ball back in the following turn, he scored last turn of the round 1 and made the game 1-0 for him.

However, in the second round, my luck started to turn, and I managed to pound Orcs to the infirmary in a solid succession, having 4 orcs out of the game for good and 3 knocked out at best. I got TD in just 3 turns into the round, which was very much assisted by the casualties I managed to make.

I was actually hopeful that since Paspawn has that many players out of the field after the 1-1 TD, that I'd might be able to make one fast TD and even win the game. But I ended up playing too aggressively, leaving Paspawn a chance to score, and he didn't miss it. The last rolls Paspawn made, were made without reroll's available, and were risky shots, but hey, in blood bowl you never win unless you take risks. And in the end it paid off by him scoring in the second last turn.

J-Reedy

Welcome to the coaches conference fellow trainers. I'm Coach Trainer and I'm here to talk about some new methods in coaching Blood Bowl teams. As you may know, I'm the coach of the gentlemen's club Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers who also play Blood Bowl in Norsca Union League. Today I want to talk you about a new method that I came up during our last three games. The development of this method started three matches ago when we played the norse DRAGON TRAINERS:

As you know, norse are all about blocking so during the match preparation I emphasized to my players that we should consentrate on blocking and tackling. So what happened? We started the match by kicking it to the norse. At first everything seemed to be going OK, we managed to stall their offence and keep the ball away. Well, the half ended with our side underhanded by fierce norse blocking and Dragon Trainers leading 1-0. Our blocking just wasn't up to standards but fortunately my players picked it up in the second half and we managed to tie the game and take two norse players out. But the match ended in 1-1 tie as we didn't manage to get the ball away from the norse. In my post-match analysis I came to conclusion that our blocking was half-hearted and we really should consentrate on it. So this in mind, we trained hard on our blocking while preparing to play ORKITIS B.C:

What happened was a total disaster. The orcs were the first to receive and even though we managed to slow them, they dominated us on blocking and finally rolled all over us in the first half when we had only six players on the field. Again, on the second half my players picked up the pace with blocking. Unfortunately while concentrating on blocking they seemed to forget all about ball-handling and doging and we lost the game due to me losing concentration and ordering a dumb dodge. Well, after the game I was devastated, emphasizing blocking and trying to inflict as much hurt as possible clearly was working so I decided to take a new approach in the game against DISORGANISED DUDES:

During the pre-match preparation I told my players to take it easy and consentrate on the ball. I told them that they should try to take blocking seriously but not try hurt anyone. Maybe just gently knock them on the head instead of bashing their skull violently to the ground. And it worked like a dream! The Dudes took to the attack first but we got pressure on them right from the start. Even though we couldn't stop them from scoring, we forced them to score fast with a fast run through the middle which gave us plenty of time to even the score. And the taking it easy blocking was working like a dream! We knocked two their players, even one chaos warrior out during the first drive and continued the same pace with our first drive! There were four KOs in their box at the end of the first half and of their beastmen had killed himself when trying to dodge away so I had a new player available for the rest of the game. We also managed to tie the score and then we were to receive at the second half. And as my method of passive aggression was working, we started the drive two players up! We took the game to sidelines and that's where the effort-free blocking really showed it's strength! We didn't have block anyone down as we could just send them crowd surfing. And the crow really worked them up. We scored no casualties in the match but the Dudes ended up suffering 3 casualties, 2 of them crowd inflicted! If I recall correctly, the passive aggressive blocking led to there being only five Dudes on the field when we scored our second TD. We had left enough time on the clock for one more scoring drive as we knew we would have at least 3 man advantage. It ended up being a 5 man advantage but the Dudes played it nice and we just couldn't get the ball away in time to score. But the real news was the fact that my passive aggressive game style clearly worked! So in conclusion, you don't have to hurt your opponent badly, you can let them and the crowd to do it for you!

--------------
Coaches comments:
I've been real busy past weeks so I haven't had to time to write any match-reports or anything else so my memories from the Dragon Trainers and Orkitis B.C. games are hazy. If I recall correctly, the Trainers game was a typical 1-1 game where in the second half I left enough time to clock for either side TD as I had man-advantage. Dispite being undermanned mr. B however came quite close to scoring but I finally managed a draw with little effort.
Orkitis game was another close one where I probably lost a 1-1 tie to a second half mouse wheel mishap that caused a misclick and sent a zombie dodging into opposing players tackle zone. It was also a game of two halves where orcs clearly dominated the first half and necros the second.
In the game against Paspawn's Disorganized Dudes I had extremely lucky dice day in that I think I only had to use reroll two times and high rolls showed up on armor and injury rolls against the Dudes. Paspawn had to play undermanned practically all of the match so the game was a really tough on him.