NUL Match Day 7 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, January 16, 2012, 05:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

Hello JerXou, I'm available most evenings this week from 19.00 GMT +1 to 23.00 GMT +1, but I might be able to play at almost any time so feel free to pick a time.

Barmution

Thanks for the game, Staffan. Gl further on and stay away from the GFIs  ;)

Game uploaded.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Paspawn

Hi Golden Arrow:

I can play Thusday and Friday from 16:00 CET. Tell my if that suits you or we can try to schedule at some other time.

JerXou

Luiggi i could go thursday around 20 or 21CET which is better for you.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Paspawn on January 17, 2012, 12:30:57 AM
Hi Golden Arrow:

I can play Thusday and Friday from 16:00 CET. Tell my if that suits you or we can try to schedule at some other time.

Both those times suit me actually. Shall we say friday 21 CET?

Luiggi

Quote from: JerXou on January 17, 2012, 01:05:56 AM

Thursday 21 CET is ok for me. See you then.

staffan

Thanks Barmution !

It was an intense match. It was really hard to stop you but I thought that I could manage a tie in the secon half before you managed to stop me and turn the game around. Perhaps my many GFI made it more difficult...

A few more guard on this team and it will be a different story I guess. There were very few injuries in this game. Only one right ?
You managed to KO several of my players...

Anyways GL in the future..

Barmution

Quote from: staffan on January 17, 2012, 01:41:13 PM
Thanks Barmution !

It was an intense match. It was really hard to stop you but I thought that I could manage a tie in the secon half before you managed to stop me and turn the game around. Perhaps my many GFI made it more difficult...

A few more guard on this team and it will be a different story I guess. There were very few injuries in this game. Only one right ?
You managed to KO several of my players...

Anyways GL in the future..
Yeah, it sure was a tight match with a lot of jockying for position.

I saw from the stats that you did 29 GFIs and failed 7 of them, which is about 2 more failures than the statistical average of that amount of rolls, so you did have slightly bad luck with them. We only had 1 injury (when you crowd surfed my Blitzer) but the result will make me fire an 11SPP 100k player, so the consequence is pretty grim... I guess that was my share of bad luck for the match. Considering the number of armor breaks (I broke yours 11 and you mine 10) we were both lucky not to get any injuries and me doubly so as I didn't even get a KO against me. Still, I only managed 2 "manual" KOs and 1 surf, so we were both below average here.

If you want some tips, I think that against elves you should try to focus on securing your cage during offense and not try to maximise damage. Also, fielding the Deathroller on defense against a quick team isn't that great an idea if your opponent knows what he's doing. And getting ag2, mv4 players tied up away from the ball may easily cost you a TD, so try to keep focused and don't overcommit to one side of the field. That way you won't need that many GFIs.

That said, your team will become truly fearsome with a little more Guard and MB. Dorfs always are  ;)

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

staffan

Thanx for the tips Barmutation !

I don't have a lot of experience with dorf, I think they are too slow hence the many GFIs I guess...

Barmution

No problem, Staffan. I'm by no means a good dorf player myself, I also find them a bit too slow and a bit one-sided to play. The advice I gave is pretty standard bashy team advice, but it goes doubly for dorfs since they can find themselves horribly out of position if they get tied up in the wrong places and unable to out-bash the opponent. But they've got one thing going for them and that's that the opponent rarely leaves the match with an intact team  ;)

Paspawn

QuoteBoth those times suit me actually. Shall we say friday 21 CET?

See you then.

Luiggi

Quote from: Luiggi on January 17, 2012, 11:56:52 AM
Quote from: JerXou on January 17, 2012, 01:05:56 AM

Thursday 21 CET is ok for me. See you then.

Oh well, something came up for me tomorrow and I won't be able to make it, JerXou.

I could play it any time on Saturday (11.00 to 23.00) or Sunday afternoon (17.00 to 23.00). I'll await confirmation from your part.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oller

Shining Sins 1 - 2 BuzcaBass

Match uploaded via BB Manager.

Mr B

Quote from: Konna on January 16, 2012, 06:53:08 PM
QuoteHi, sorry to say wednesday just went out of the window of days I can play on... Sorry..
Any other suggestion?
/B

OK how about the same time on thursday?
Yo, can we change the time a bit?
Start 21:00 Cet?
Does that work for you?

Cheers!
/B

Konna

Quote from: Mr B on January 19, 2012, 05:53:21 PM
Quote from: Konna on January 16, 2012, 06:53:08 PM
QuoteHi, sorry to say wednesday just went out of the window of days I can play on... Sorry..
Any other suggestion?
/B

OK how about the same time on thursday?
Yo, can we change the time a bit?
Start 21:00 Cet?
Does that work for you?

Cheers!
/B

Ah could we maybe do it tomorrow or saturday instead then? Got to make it an early night tonight.