NUL Match Day 9 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, January 30, 2012, 04:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Quote from: Luiggi on February 05, 2012, 11:04:15 AM
Ok, so I don't know what else to do really, I think we're gonna need admins to have a word on this, cause it's already Sunday and my match versus Beuneri is not scheduled, even though I posted my times on Monday (as the visitor side, by the way), I got a reply on Thursday (one day after the deadline) asking to play on Sunday (without even a time given) and after my second answer it's all been silence. It's kinda hard to schedule a game by posting every 4 days, so by the looks of it it's rather possible that we won't be able to play it on time.

I'd appreciate J-Reedy's and/or Bantha's thoughts on this one.

Looking at the communication in the thread, I'd say you're titeled to a default win if you can't get the match played. According to the rules, the home side is responsible for taking the initiave but that has not clearly been done and your description of the situation is also otherwise accurate. However, as you match is one of the top ones, I'd personally prefer the match to be played. So I'd suggest extending the deadline till monday if Beuneri makes an effort to schedule the game during today (sunday afternoon). If not, I'd say Luiggi gets a default win. That's my take on this, what do you think Bantha?

The Golden Arrow

I see it the same way, if you can shedule a game on monday it should be ok, otherwise you have clearly been more forthcoming with sheduling the game so we'll have to give you the win.

Luiggi

Sounds fair enough, I also prefer playing the game but not at the expense of missing some other activities I had already scheduled. So in case the week is extended, for Monday I can start at any time between 11.00 and 18.00 GMT +1. It's up to Beuneri now, I'll be waiting your reply :)

Mr B

Quote from: Beuenri on February 02, 2012, 11:14:18 PM
Oh hello there, and sorry for the lack of responses. Is there any way we could play at sunday?
Well, time is running out, Sunday is closing soon and you have not even been online to check any responses  :'(
Common stick to it it's just two more weeks  :P

So as it looks, I just have some hope you'll get online soon to see the response and play the game tomorrow instead.
Good luck!
BR
/B

Luiggi

Well I'm sorry guys but since there's still haven't been an answer for today and I've got a busy day ahead of me, I'm not gonna be able to save a couple of hours to play the game with so little time to get prepared.

It's weird that he hasn't shown up this weekend, maybe he has technical problems or just had a very busy week. Let's hope we hear from him again, there's gotta be an explanation for this absence, specially as it was a match on the top (or almost, he he).

By the way, I'm curious... what happens with BB manager stats when a game has to be defaulted? Is there any way to record it (even if it's for the W-D-L record).

See you in week 10!

Beuenri

My internet has been out for the whole weekend, got it back literally 20 minutes ago. Tried to come check back during weekend if theres any responess but hadn't got any chance. I'm here now, but I suppose it's too late.

Luiggi

Hey there. I see, that's too bad. My appointment for tonight got delayed so I can squeeze in the game if we play before 19.30 GMT +1 (that's a 25 minute margin but that's all I can get right now as a last resort). I'll be in-game until 19.30, other than that it's a no-go.

See you (hopefully).

Mr B

It seems like your playing.. NICE DUDES!

Luiggi

Yup, game over with 1-0 victory to the orcs after a horrible first half for the greens and a horrible second half for the dwarves. Might write the report later.

GG Beuneri and soz if I got a bit angry in there, it's just that I had never seen anything like that before :D But no hard feelings ;) (last foul was for the fans :P).

Beuenri

Yeah no hard feelings :D, I can easily understand how your diceluck can start to make the blood boil.

Tbh, I think our luck was quite even in the end. I had a lot better luck with my blocks in terms of the amount of Pow's, but didn't quite manage to get much of stuns in, while your luck with Pow's were worse, I think you managed to stun me more frequently.

Summa summarum, you played really well and deserved the victory, I took too many unnecessary risks and it was bound to end up in a fail sooner or later, by playing more safely I could probably have secured a tie, but tie's are boring, risks are what makes blood bowl fun in the end! :D

edit: Also thanks for playing the game, even tho you could have just as well took a forfeit win.