Blood Bowl World Cup!

Started by bodyschlompf, January 22, 2011, 05:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodyschlompf

Attention!

Sneak PM:ed on the "Alvsvenskan"-forum yesterday and told me that Vince from Focus e-mailed him about Blood Bowl World Cup 2011. Sneak hasn't  been Coordinator since May 2010, and have told Vince that several times (does he listen? NO!)

As _always_ they launch an announcement with _very_ short notice. They have, however, created an committee  consisting of the Coordinators from the mayor leagues. So that's one good thing. I'm not sure what to make of this, so I'll just go ahead and copy-paste the content of the e-mail. I don't care if it upsets Vince:

QuoteHello Viktor,

First of all happy new year and best wishes for 2011.

I'm contacting you because we would like to launch a new competition.

Maybe Zephyre told you about it? We set up a committee to help us manage and organize this competition. It is composed of:

-          Zephyre, administrator of Orca Cola

-          Krampus, administrator of Sturm Von Stahl

-          Valentsigma, administrator of Tirandodados

-          Toblerona, administrator of BBLigue

-          Waldorf, administrator of UKBBL

-          Garthnait, administrator of Deutsche BB League

-          Galanthil, administrator of Franco Bowl

-          Valis, administrator of the Fun League

Our first concern was not to reproduce the same mistakes as for the first competition. With their help we decided to launch a competition with a new format.

The format should be as follow:

Inscription of players will begin during early February, and competition will start in March.

All league will be splitted between four groups. Each group will have two members of the committee in it, they will be responsible for this step of qualification. The groups will be formed and announce for the beginning of the competition. Depending on how many players will be involved in each group, each league will be given a number of ticket regarding the number of coaches playing in this league. The goal is to have each group qualifying 32 players for a second phase within three months.

During the second phase each 32 players will play through a play-off system to give the best player of each group. The 4 winners of each group will compete in semi-finale and finale to give the new champion.

We will post in a few days an announce describing more precisely the shape of the competition.

The point for us is to know if Alsvenskan would agree on being qualifying for this new competition?

We are trying to gather everything to set up the best competition possible. We hope the committee and the community will help us avoiding the mistakes we did last year.

Please let me know your decision as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Vincent

If any of you guys are interested in participating in this, reply in this thread.

Personally i will not bother to work with the world cup: I hardly have enough time as it is and my experience with dealing with focus is very bad. There is, however, a nice cash price to be won. That's something.

Regards,

Bodyschlompf

Flying Circus

I would love to be playing in the World cup but for sure Im no admin guy  :-\    If it becomes a possible chance to get a spot by playing games, count me in =)

The Golden Arrow

What is expected of us? If it is only to have some kind of tournament and then send in the winner to them I don't see the problem (as long as we have people willing to play and I think we will find that). If we need to do something more to get it I'm not sure it's worth the bother.

staffan

Rotty

I'm also interested in playing the Cup.

I'm not that experienced in managing leagues but I interpret his message as if we need to launch a qualification league to determine who wins the one (or two) tickets Alvsvenskan is dealt. If we don't have enough interested coaches I guess Alvsvenskan can't apply?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also think it is just the matter of holding a tournament to decide who gets the ticket. Then I assume the admins on his list will fix the next steps up to the finals.

Cheers,
// Rotty; in-game Ratstick

Mr B

hehe, this could be fun!
Count me in.
/B