Match Reports, Banter and General Trash Talk

Started by J-Reedy, March 08, 2012, 09:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

Yeah my team got pretty beat up with a lineman killed and two more players missing next game. Also got pretty much no winnings (hopw they fix that bug today) so can't buy any extra players. I guess Bantha and Luiggi are glad about that :P

The game was extremely close and the first half was made up of Kvasi caging and me trying to stall him as much as possible. I also launched a few surgical strikes at the back of his cage to slow him down and it worked pretty well meaning that Kvasi had to run his carrier forward turn seven screened only by two players. Elves are fast however and I managed to run round them and blitz his carrier down. I couldn't get the ball however and even though I got a tiny chance to score turn 8 it was never close.

Next turn my offensive set up was pretty bad and I had no guarders on my offensive flank which meant that I had to dodge my guy through even after the blitz and obviously the first guy rolled snake eyes and I thought my offense was stumped. In Kvasis turn after moving a few guys he rolled a double skull with his minotaur and failed the loner check which meant that I was back up to speed. I passed and ran the ball up close to the end zone and screened the player up as well as I could and it worked out well. I held off for one more turn before scoring the winning TD. In his drive he pushed forward but it took some time and my last turn I put my whole team between the ball and the goal and also managed to knock his ball carrier down. He did some blocks but got nowhere and tried to dodge through lots of tackle zones with his beastman but failed. I think he needed to roll 3+ (pick up), 2+ (catch on hand off), 5+, 5+, 4+, 3+ (dodges) to score. Not sure what the odds are of that (with reroll), but they can't be big.

Thanks alot for the game, it was very fun and tight and I dont blame you for mutilating my players. This game was more normal in that regard than our last :P

Barmution

Congrats to Golden and commiserations to Kvasi! Golden's Elves are single-handedly responsible for removing both Norwegians from the play-offs, we will not forget this, hehe  >:(

Btw, Samba Action Calculator puts Kvasis odds for that last longshot at about 7.5%. Quite unrealistic, yeah  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: Barmution on April 03, 2012, 03:42:50 PM
Btw, Samba Action Calculator puts Kvasis odds for that last longshot at about 7.5%. Quite unrealistic, yeah  ;D

Pah! All I need is 13 more go's at that, and I'll probably make it at some point :D

I had never really thought it was going to work, but I had no other options on the table in turn 16... however, it got tantalisingly close, I think I tripped on the second-to-last roll :)

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on April 03, 2012, 07:06:10 PM
Quote from: Barmution on April 03, 2012, 03:42:50 PM

Pah! All I need is 13 more go's at that, and I'll probably make it at some point :D

I had never really thought it was going to work, but I had no other options on the table in turn 16... however, it got tantalisingly close, I think I tripped on the second-to-last roll :)
Seems like a good game.
Gratz Golden, your opp will be decided tomorrow evening.

Cheers!
/B