Play offs - Quarter Finals

Started by The Golden Arrow, March 22, 2012, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

Erm... it didn't happen again, did it?

Edit: Well, I guess you crashed. Must be a side effect to knocking out and injuring so many orcs :D For some reason the game/internet/who-knows-what does not want us to finish this match.

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on April 06, 2012, 09:42:57 PM
Erm... it didn't happen again, did it?
I so fucking hate this game (not the game but how connections is solved)!

Mr B

Luiggi

Got a phone call, logging in to chat!

Saw you briefly but now you're back offline. I gotta go have some dinner and will be back later, if you're around we can chat, if not we'll handle it via forums. See you!

Mr B

Not sure I'll be on then..
Ok, so what's the deal?

How do you feel about this game?

Luiggi

Honestly, anything could have happened in that game, although it was in your favour because of all those orcs sitting on the dug-out. 11 to 8 is a nice advantage though not unsurmountable, so chances for a come-back were still there.

I guess I might regret saying this but it's about time someone reaches the final so if you want just admin your win and let's get this over with, I won't be mad or anything. Even though it was you who crashed both times, the game was clearly going your way. Still nothing decided, but you'd get the win more likely than me given the circumstances.

That said, in my opinion the fairest solution would still be a replay (had I crashed it would have been a different story), so if you still want to give it a third go, I guess we can try again. However it's not very nice for all the other players who are out and waiting for a new season to start... I don't know, just make the call.

Any additional thoughts? It would have been nice to hear your opinion first too, but someone has to go at it :D

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on April 06, 2012, 10:40:15 PM
Honestly, anything could have happened in that game, although it was in your favour because of all those orcs sitting on the dug-out. 11 to 8 is a nice advantage though not unsurmountable, so chances for a come-back were still there.

I guess I might regret saying this but it's about time someone reaches the final so if you want just admin your win and let's get this over with, I won't be mad or anything. Even though it was you who crashed both times, the game was clearly going your way. Still nothing decided, but you'd get the win more likely than me given the circumstances.

That said, in my opinion the fairest solution would still be a replay (had I crashed it would have been a different story), so if you still want to give it a third go, I guess we can try again. However it's not very nice for all the other players who are out and waiting for a new season to start... I don't know, just make the call.

Any additional thoughts? It would have been nice to hear your opinion first too, but someone has to go at it :D
hehe, that is spot on my feelings also.
And I do not see it as a different way if it would have been your crash instead.
It's no ones fault.
But time is running out.. hmm as you said.
Everything can happen in bb, but with two rr-left and more men on the field I cannot see my self losing this game.
And as overtime works as it does it speaks even more to my advantage, but hey, we have seen it before so.

I talk to the other admins, mail or here, any thoughts?
/B

The Golden Arrow

I really don't know how the game was going so don't feel that I can make that call. Obviously I want to play the final game but I wont be able to play until next week anyway, so if you can get the game going in a few days that would be best.

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on April 07, 2012, 01:06:33 AM
I really don't know how the game was going so don't feel that I can make that call. Obviously I want to play the final game but I wont be able to play until next week anyway, so if you can get the game going in a few days that would be best.
Hmm, I can post the replay if you'd like.
Anyway, We will not be able to finish this game until med/late next week, and then the final.. that is the problem.

/B

The Golden Arrow

Well, I don't have time to watch there replay and I don't think I can make this call, partly because I will play the winning team in the finals.

Mr B

Alright, as no decision can be made, lets replay again then.

Sorry for the delay but the silence says pretty much.
When can you play Luiggi?

J-Reedy

All righty, so it looks like we have two weeks before the scheduled start of the next season. I'd say that gives us time for one replay effort but after that it'll have to be an admin default win for either team. I'll try find time to watch the replay of the second match and chime in later with how the match was going. If I understood correctly, the first match ended at the 7th turn of first half, that seems too early to say anything about but the second match should be easier to judge.

Sorry for not replying earlier, I was on a smallish road trip for the extended weekend and the time difference is not working in my favor either.

Mr B

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 09, 2012, 01:14:50 PM
All righty, so it looks like we have two weeks before the scheduled start of the next season. I'd say that gives us time for one replay effort but after that it'll have to be an admin default win for either team. I'll try find time to watch the replay of the second match and chime in later with how the match was going. If I understood correctly, the first match ended at the 7th turn of first half, that seems too early to say anything about but the second match should be easier to judge.

Sorry for not replying earlier, I was on a smallish road trip for the extended weekend and the time difference is not working in my favor either.
Yes, that's correct.
Second ended in turn 13/14 or so 1-1 8 orcs vs 11 norse.. if I 'm correct.

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on April 09, 2012, 01:29:50 PM
Second ended in turn 13/14 or so 1-1 8 orcs vs 11 norse.. if I 'm correct.

Yep, plenty of time for scoring. 8 vs 11 and norse also had the strength advantage, four st4+ players against two of the orcs, AND also the reroll advantage. Orcs would've needed a lucky break or two to take the ball away and score. Although, the orcs had lousy AV luck both with causing fewer armor breaks than expected and getting their armor broken more than expected, so the situation could've corrected itself with orcs getting even normal armor breakage. But with the time on hand and the man, strength and reroll advantage for the norse, getting a win would've been an extremely hard nut to crack. So based on the replay, the Dragon Trainers would've been the more likely winner.

However, replay would be the preferred solution, so I would suggest that you try to get the replay done by Friday/Saturday. If that can't be worked out, I'd call it an admin win for the Dragon Trainers.

Which one of you has hosted the two previous games? If the same player has hosted both games, maybe you should consider switching the host. Provided that both of you have the nescessary port forwards done.

Luiggi

I can't remember who hosted, but I don't think it made a difference... connection issues are as random as the dice rolls, I'm afraid :D

I can play on (kick-off time):

Thursday 19.00 to 21.00 GMT +2
Friday 11.00 to 21.00 GMT +2

Sorry for the delay from me as well.