S7 MATCH DAY 1

Started by J-Reedy, May 08, 2012, 08:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

AND IT'S ON! Here are the matchups for the first round of NUL SEASON 7:

As a reminder, you can agree on time for the game whichever way you see fit (e-mail, private message, this forum thread, face to face) but always inform about the agreed match time here in this thread. Home team is officially responsible for making the first contact, but either team can initiate contact.

Let's try to get the first week played within normal time limit (by next Monday, the 14th).

- Good evening sir, how can I help you!
- Me wanna buy paperpiece to see Orkitis bashysmash puny elfs!
- I'm sorry sir, but Orkitis plays in different group than the two elf teams, they won't play the elfs until playoff round, of course provided they get an elf matchup, they might also get the necromantic or the chaos team from the other group.
- Whaa? I WANNA SEE SMASHY!
- Well the Orkitis are playing against a norse team, that should be quite "bashy".
- WANNA SEE ELF SMASHY!
- Well, if you want to see elfs getting "smashed", you might want to try either the Gentlement Wolf-Whistlers versus Virgins No More or the Disorganized Dudes versus Druchii Smuchii Schmoo match, those are two very violent teams against technical teams, they should be entertaining.
- WANNA SEE ORC SMASH E... *KLONK!*
- Good evening my dear lady, excuse me for interrupting your discussion with this sense-derived sleeping person here but it seemed that the discussion was not going anywhere.
- Oh, no bother sir. How can I help you?
- I hear that the second division of the NUL is loaded with human teams this year, that sounds very intriguing. What are the first round matchups?
- It'll be the fresh purely human team Getingarna playing against the norse Dragon Trainers in the first matchup and the other norse team Vinterlegionen going against the Orkitis B.C. in the other matchup.
- Might I then have two tickets to the human-norse game, one for me and for my club here. Should be an interesting game.

J-Reedy

All Right Golden, it's time for champs against chumps. Here are my OK starting times for this week, all times CET Summer time / GMT+2:

-Thursday 19-20.
- Friday 18-22
- Saturday 10-12
- Sunday 16-19

Let me know if any of these suits you, sir. If not, make a suggestion and I'll try to work something out.

The Golden Arrow

Thursday should work nicely. Starting 19.30/20 is better so I have plenty of time to fix food.

Barmution

So Kvasilad, when do you want to take revenge on my innocent little Delves? I've got a fresh Witch that's aking to give you a push in the right direction...

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: Barmution on May 08, 2012, 09:54:35 AM
So Kvasilad, when do you want to take revenge on my innocent little Delves? I've got a fresh Witch that's aking to give you a push in the right direction...

-Barm

I see I'm gonna have to keep Harry far away from the sidelines :D

Today after 19 would be fine, Friday from 18 or quite late Sunday, not sure when I'll be back home yet.

Barmution

How about tonight at 20.30 then?

And about surfing, I'll 'shove' you how it's done  ;)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

I'll push that into my calendar so we can get things moving in the wrong direction.

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on May 08, 2012, 11:47:25 AM
I'll push that into my calendar so we can get things moving in the wrong direction.
You, my friend, are dangerously close to crossing the line! We're all in a proverbial (and literal) frenzy here over you trying to sidestep the issue at hand. I you remain steadfast and stand firm on your current position, I will have no choice but to act as a juggernaught.

J-Reedy

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on May 08, 2012, 09:33:33 AM
Thursday should work nicely. Starting 19.30/20 is better so I have plenty of time to fix food.

OK, let's make it Thursday at 20.00 then. Later time suits me fine as I'm opening the orienteering season on Thursday, so I'll have plenty of time to find my way out of the woods. See you on Thursday!

Mr B

Soo, Hakos ready to deliver or receive?
;D

I play evenings during week, and now it looks like a 21:00 starting option on wednesday.
Same on Friday or do you fancy a weekend game?
Not sure about the hours during weekend but 21-22 as a start would be nice.
All times cest.

Cheers!
B

Gnaarkill

Hi Luiggi!

Ready to shed some Ork/Norse-blood!? =)

My OK starting times are:
Wednesday: 20.30 - 22.00
Thursday: I prefer not to play this day.
Friday: 19.30 - 00.00
Saturday: 19.00 - 22.00
Sunday: 17.00 - 22.00

All times in CEST :)

/Gnaarkill

Luiggi

Hello.

Right now CEST equals GMT +2, right? If so, Friday 19.30 sounds good to me. Please confirm that they're equivalent so that we're not 1 hour early/late :D

The Golden Arrow

Well the timezone is GMT+1 and then there is daylight saving time adding another hour. If you have gmt without DST it will be gmt+2, but its easily mixed up and the system isn't that good to be honest since gmt can be both with and without DST and I don't really know why (otherwise you can use UTC which is gmt, but never with DST).

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on May 10, 2012, 11:38:01 AM
Right now CEST equals GMT +2, right?

Yes, it does.

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on May 10, 2012, 03:40:07 PM
Well the timezone is GMT+1 and then there is daylight saving time adding another hour. If you have gmt without DST it will be gmt+2, but its easily mixed up and the system isn't that good to be honest since gmt can be both with and without DST and I don't really know why (otherwise you can use UTC which is gmt, but never with DST).

UTC and GMT is the same for all practical purposes, but UTC is the more modern and uniform standard. None of these take DST into account natively, so that even in Greenwich (from which Greenwich Mean Time gets its name), the time is GMT+1 when England has DST.

CET = UTC+1 = GMT+1
CEST = UTC+2 = GMT+2

(CEST = CET with DST)

hakos

Fresh out of the Junior leage Getingarna arrives. Eager to test their mettle against some real opposition. However, many last wills are signed when seeing the gigantic yhetee they will play against...

Quote from: Mr B on May 08, 2012, 05:29:05 PM
Soo, Hakos ready to deliver or receive?
;D

I play evenings during week, and now it looks like a 21:00 starting option on wednesday.
Same on Friday or do you fancy a weekend game?
Not sure about the hours during weekend but 21-22 as a start would be nice.
All times cest.

Cheers!
B

Sorry for not answering earlier, had to work quite a lot in the beginning of the week. Friday 21:00 suits me fine, I'm also available the entire weekend but let's try friday first, shall we?

How do we communicate when starting the match and during the match? In the other league I have used skype.

/HÃ¥kan