S7 MATCH DAY 2

Started by J-Reedy, May 14, 2012, 05:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

J! Just want to confirm that I'll be ready at 1800 today :)

hakos

Quote from: Gnaarkill on May 15, 2012, 06:28:36 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on May 14, 2012, 09:29:26 PM
Quote from: hakos on May 14, 2012, 06:30:34 PM
This week is good for playing BB fo rme.

Can play on wednesday evening and then I have a loong weekend where I can play anytime during thursday to sunday, if we can decide the day (and time) one day ahead.

/hakos

Cool!

How about thursday around 12.00 CEST/GMT+2?

/Gnaarkill

Hey Hakos!

Seems i cant play @12.00. How about 15.00 instead?
Sorry for the change mate!

/Gnaarkill

Sounds good, can play anytime on thursday

J-Reedy

Excerpt from the Necromantic Times issue 23 volume 715:

GENTLEMEN WOLF-WHISTLERS DISGRACE TO THE NECROMANTIC BLOOD BOWL!
by Clarcy "Superwight" Cent

I remained quiet after the first match of the Gentleman Wolf-Whistlers of this season. The reason for this was that they won, even though they won the wrong way. I guess the victory soothed my nerves that were grated raw during the match. During the game I kept wondering where were the violent Wolf-Whistlers of the past? Who were these players performing amazing agile feats? Surprisingly the players were not from the defending high elf team Virgins No More. The elves had the sense of keeping the crowd entertained with their lackluster dodging and amusing falls. No, the agile ones were the Whistlers, especially the ghoul Harpo who scored an interception and remarkable catch of a bouncing ball. That is not what I want to see from a necromantic team. I want violence, casualties, deaths! Oh, the Whistlers knocked the elves down and out, but they didn't manage even a one casualty! But as I said, the 2-1 victory over the high elves managed to hide the very unnecromantic and disappointing performance of the Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers.

But then came yesterday and the match against Disorganized Dudes. At first half it seemed that the Whistlers had managed to find their groove when Freki the Hungry killed a rookie beastman with a fine frenzied block. But that must've been just a fluke, as the Whistlers soon returned to their pacifistic ways that they showed in their first match. Whistlers scored not even a knockout during the rest of the game! Oh, there was violence, but the team inflicting the damage were the chaos Dudes who scored four casualties! For a casual spectator or a fan of the chaos team the game must've been entertaining but I'm a fan of the necromantic teams and the Gentleman Wolf-Whistlers managed to win my heart with their violent ways during their fist season. But after yesterdays 1-0 defeat in touchdowns and a whopping 1-4 beating in casualties I must say, that I'm very close to giving up my season ticket. Be warned Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers, if you continue your pacifistic play in your last regular season matchup against the Druchii Smuchii Schmoo, you won't be seeing me in your games anymore, and I have a feeling that many of your fans will do the same. Oh, I know that the Whistlers coach already warned the fans that their next match would be hard with both of their ghouls missing the game, but that is not an excuse! Ghouls are loosers who not worth their weight in a tussle, so that should give the Whistlers even more incentive to concentrate on the bashing side of the Blood Bowl business. I demand casualties! For necromantic way is not that the dodge'n'dash that we're seeing now, the necromantic way is the block'n'bash, it's hitting your opponent until he goes down, and then hitting some more and finally fouling him where it hurts if he hasn't yet had the chance to roll of the field! You have been warned, Whistlers.

Gnaarkill

Sounds good, can play anytime on thursday
[/quote]

Cool!

See you tomorrow then!

/Gnaarkill

hakos

That's one of the better match reports that I have seen.

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on May 17, 2012, 10:26:07 AM
That's one of the better match reports that I have seen.
Welcome to NUL, j-man delivers stunning reports one after another.. totally out matched  :o
We love him  :D :P

Luiggi

Orkitis B.C. loses again versus another fierce norse team that beat him in every aspect of the game. Early casualties, lots of KO's and the orcs' tendency to just shove around norse players intead of knocking them down sealed the deal.

Congratulations to the winner.

PS: I managed to roll 3 POWs in 67 rolls... that's gotta be a new worldwide bloodbowl record.

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on May 17, 2012, 12:36:47 PM
I managed to roll 3 POWs in 67 rolls... that's gotta be a new worldwide bloodbowl record.
Whow, that was amazing!!

Sooner or later your orcs comes bashing down on the others, as skills piles on you'll be in the sharks division in no time.

Thanks for the game Luiggi!
Sorry for the luck.

BR
/B

hakos

One more match played and the result was much better than last match. Especially on the SPP side. This time I only lost 2 SPP to the mercenary Ogre.

In the first half Vinterlegionen got an early advantage by causing 2 KO on me, while his guys just stood up again. I advanced into his half but in T3 the Ogre did not remember what a blitz was so I could not punch through. Then in T4 I started with the ogre but got lots of skulls, a very quick turnover and lots of men lying down. My bad. Vinterlegionen seized the opportunity, blocked my ball carrier, picked it up with a runner and formed a cage on my half. After that I could not do much. He scored 0-1 and so ended the first half.

In the second half the norse started with a very offensive lineup but I got a blitz. Unfortunately I had to move the ogre to get the nice opening in the wall that I wanted and I was stupid enough to once again try to blitz with him and failed. So the blitz did not give anything. The norse thrower failed to pick up the ball and I pushed far into his territory and marked all guys who could help the thrower next turn. Now he only had to fail just a little bit more and all would be well. Unfortunately he managed to pick up the ball, throw it to a runner who catched it and then advanced into my half and suddenly my entire team was in the wrong position. Next turn he made an easy touchdown. 0-2.

It was somewhere here that my luck with dices started to get better. I had some KO's and one or two BH at this time so he was decimated while I had a full team. This made it rather easy to press forward with the ball and then almost every block for two turns ended in a KO or BH. That made it easy to score my first touchdown with this team in T14.

Two turns left, a draw was not impossible, although improbable. He catched the ball and collected his 7 man team on my left flank. I advanced into his field with two players who could score. The rest tried to get as close to his ball carrier as possible. He realized what could happen and made a KO on my catcher and then placed two guys beside my blitzer. Then he dodged away with his ball carrier and placed him on the border. So, not easy but possible. I blitzed his runner with the ball and pushed him into the crowd where the audience promptly killed him. Unfortunately the ball landed to far away for me to even be able to pick it up and try for the TD. So the match ended in a loss 1-2.

Vinterlegionen managed to win 2-1 despite suffering 4 BH and 1 dead + lots of KO. I almost felt sorry for them, but only almost. :)

Looking forward to a very interesting ending of this group with a final between the two norse teams and a loser match between my humans and the orcs.

hakos

Can someone please validate our match? I want to level my thrower...

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on May 18, 2012, 09:03:02 PM
Either you or Gnaarkill (probably G, since he won) should post the match to BBManager, too. It doesn't show in the stats page, so that might be why Mr. B hasn't validated it yet.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on May 19, 2012, 10:37:34 AM
Quote from: hakos on May 18, 2012, 09:03:02 PM
Either you or Gnaarkill (probably G, since he won) should post the match to BBManager, too. It doesn't show in the stats page, so that might be why Mr. B hasn't validated it yet.

-Barm
That it spot on dude  ;D
Have a look here how to handle BB-M, thanks.
I'll validate it meanwhile.

Cheers

hakos

Hmm, I guess this is the time to confess.

I don't have the slightest idea what BBmanager is, where to download it, how to use it, and why to use it.

Can someone please explain, or give me some links for further research?

Thanks !

tags

Quote from: hakos on May 20, 2012, 09:08:16 AM

I don't have the slightest idea what BBmanager is, where to download it, how to use it, and why to use it.

Thanks !

Introduction to BBM here:
http://norscaleague.com/index.php?topic=351.0

Current information for season 7 here:
http://norscaleague.com/index.php?topic=348.0

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on May 20, 2012, 01:04:07 PM
Quote from: hakos on May 20, 2012, 09:08:16 AM

Thanks !

Introduction to BBM here:
http://norscaleague.com/index.php?topic=351.0

Current information for season 7 here:
http://norscaleague.com/index.php?topic=348.0

Thanks.

Sorry, but the link to the actual place to download does not work, is there another place to download it from?