Season 8 QA - questions & comments about new season here

Started by J-Reedy, May 19, 2012, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Yes, Lars is the one I have convinced to join us

hakos

Seems I have some good and some bad news...

The good news is that I have convinced both my friends to join NUL.

The bad news is that neither of them feel they can match the "one week rule" during july and august. Therefore they intend to join season 9 and not season 8.

Barmution

To be honest, it may prove a bit tricky for me too... lots of work needs to be done around the house and I need some vacation too.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

I'll go on vacation next week (week 29), will not be "active" so to speak.

Gnaarkill

Maybe we all need to take some vacation?
Maybe start with season 8 in the middle of August instead?

/Gnaarkill

Luiggi

I wouldn't mind waiting until August to start the new league and maybe get some more recruits. If it's going to be a problem for some coaches to play on a weekly basis, might as well give it a break. Any option is fine for me though, as long as the league stays alive :)

tags

We could just start the season, and just not be strict about match day rollovers until, say, august sometime. Before that, people can just play "when they can", and if all games are done, roll over the match day. Couldn't that be a compromise?

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on July 12, 2012, 07:44:05 PM
We could just start the season, and just not be strict about match day rollovers until, say, august sometime. Before that, people can just play "when they can", and if all games are done, roll over the match day. Couldn't that be a compromise?

That sounds pretty nice, a kind of "relaxed" state for the leauge until august. Works for me!

/Gnaarkill

Mr B

Nah, I think it's better to wait until august then.
Relaxed will be more or less 3 games played and upholding other games.
That is how I feel about it.

hakos

I can start the next season now, wait until august or something in between. Does not matter as long as we don't start later than early august.

J-Reedy

Looks like the start of August is OK for most of the players. So how about the following as marching orders for next season:
- Pre-league phase: recruitment of new players until 1st August.
- 1st phase: from Monday June 30th to Sunday August 5th: Final decision about the makeup and structure is made, league is created and teams registered into the league(s) in the client.
- 2nd phase: Kickoff on Monday August 6th or earlier if possible. First two matchweeks will be played with a schedule of 1,5 or 2 "real-time" weeks per 1 in-game match week. If the setups of phase 1 get done early, the league can be started earlier, Monday the 6th will be the definite kick-off date.

I'll put up a new post for sign-up during the weekend as this thread is a bit crowded now.

Mr B

Sounds good!
I'll adapt to teams/coaches.. if new teams are in need, I refresh with a new team.

The Golden Arrow

J-Reedy

SIGNIN UP FOR THE SEASON 8 SHOULD BE DONE IN THE FOLLOWING THREAD ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS THERE:
SEASON 8 SIGN-UP