Season 8 SIGN-UP

Started by J-Reedy, May 19, 2012, 02:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

NUL Season 7 has ended with the Orkitis B.C. coached by Luiggi winning the championship over Barmution's dark elf team Druchii Smuchii Schmoo. After the finals had been played, the sun and summer arrived, so currently NUL is taking a short summer break before the season 8 kick-offs August 6th.

INFORMATION ON UPCOMING SEASON

The schedule for season 8 is as follows:
- League structure will be decided during week 31 (from July 30th to August 5th).
- Season 8 will definately kick-off Monday August 6th.
- First two weeks of season 8 will be played with schedule of 1,5 to 2 weeks of "real-time" weeks per 1 in-game match week. After this the schedule will change into normal 1 match week per 1 week.

NEW COACHES ARE ACCEPTED UNTIL DAY BEFORE THE KICK-OFF DATE  - provided a) that there will be even number of coaches in the new team league, b) newcomers get registed in the forums and in the client before the kick-off date.

And as per last season, we will have to see how many participants we will be before deciding how to construct the season. These will be the basic guidelines:
- New coaches will naturally start with fresh teams.
- Old and ancient coaches may use their "old" Valhalla or Ulls (season 4 or earlier) teams, fish-seasoned (seasons 5 through 7) teams or fresh teams.
- Depending on the ratio of new/old teams, there may be Team Value (TV) limit for old teams.
- If there are lots of new teams, they will be divided into league/division of their own so that they won't get trampled by the veteran teams.

In order to get the things moving smoothly, please let us know as early as possible, if you're going to play in season 8. Here's how you should do it:

New members
1: Create an account on this forum
2. Activate the account when it is approved
3: Post a reply in this thread that you want to join.
4: Read the "Essential rules" section here and post a reply in that thread that you have understood the rules.
5: The Coordinator will put you on the participant list in this post.

Old members - using a team previously used in NUL
1: Reply to this post or send a PM to the Coordinator and state that you want play next season using a previously used team.
2: The Coordinator will put you up on the participant list in this post.

Old members - using a fresh team
1: Reply to this post or send a PM to the Coordinator and state that you want play next season using a fresh team.
2: 2: The Coordinator will put you up on the participant list in this post.

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS FOR THE NEXT SEASON
Here's a list of confirmed participants/teams from the previous sign-up thread:

• Barmution - *DSS* or if needed, a new team that will be dead from the start
  • J-Reedy - *Wolf-Whistlers* or new team if needed
  • Kvasilad - *Disorganized Dudes* or new team if needed
  • The Golden Arrow - *new team - some nurgle thingy from the mad mind of chaos god*
  • Mr B (Bantha in game) - *Dragon Trainers* or new team if needed
  • Luiggi - *Orkitis B.C.* (probably maybe perhaps)
  • Gnaarkill - *Vinterlegionen*
  • Hakos - *Getingarna*

Mr B

Soo, do we have any new recruits?
Missing some coaches here otherwise...  :-\

Would be good to fire this up again, depending on the "masses" I'm open for anything regarding teams.
But time is closing in..  :o
whaz up folks, you have had/having/will have a nice vacation?

Mine is ongoing and it's great!
/B

hakos

Hi

I have one friend (Lars) who have created an account here, but he's out sailing right now. I *think* he will be back by next week so he should be able to join us.

I have another friend that applied for an account this week but it has not been approved yet, otherwise he is ready to join.

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on July 28, 2012, 11:26:36 AM
I have one friend (Lars) who have created an account here, but he's out sailing right now. I *think* he will be back by next week so he should be able to join us.
Good, thanks for the info.

Quote from: hakos
I have another friend that applied for an account this week but it has not been approved yet, otherwise he is ready to join.
Strange,  check that please, there are none who is awaiting an approval.

/B

J-Reedy

I approved one new member this week, can't remember the name but e-mail address was from Sverige. So that's probly him.

Gurgeh

I am the other friend of hakos. I want to join with a new team. Not sure what race yet, but probably high elf.

/tobias

Mr B

Quote from: Gurgeh on July 29, 2012, 08:30:02 PM
I am the other friend of hakos. I want to join with a new team. Not sure what race yet, but probably high elf.

/tobias
Cool welcome dude  :P

Heja Sverige  ::)
/B

tags

Welcome! Looking forward to the next season :)

Lars

Hi I am Lars the friend of Hakos I would like to join this league but will have trouble to join in this season due to vacation and lack of computers and internet during the startup phase of this season. By the time the next season starts I will be ready to join in.

/Lars

J-Reedy

All right, let's take a look at the situation. Currently we have the following coaches/teams signed up:

- Mr. B with Dragon Trainers - TV 1930
- Barmution with DSS - TV 1850 (1760 in first match due to injury)
- Kvasilad with Dudes - TV 1850
- J-Reedy with GW-W - TV 1750
- Luiggi with Orkitis - TV 1730 (or more depending on skill roll)

- Gnaarkill with Vinterlegion - TV 1240 (1170 in first match due to injury)
- Hakos with Getingarna - TV 1170 (1080 in first match due to injury)
- Golden Arrow with New team - TV 1000
- Gurgeh with New team - TV 1000

Based on teams there would be a nice split for a championship division and rookie division but the uneven number of coaches is not good. There's still some time, so let's hope someone turns up.

Lars, just in case, when would be the earliest time that you'd feel OK starting the league? No pressure, just checking how late into August we'd be going.

All right, how about the division structure? Playing in one division with these teams would be foolish, as four out of five (could be argued that all) of the high-TV teams are bashy types cabable of dealing some damage to blockless rookie players. I think these are the realistic options we have, feel free to suggest some others, if you have ideas:

A) One group with all rookie teams, upper TV limit being 1240 based on Vinterlegionen's TV. We'd need 1 more coach or 1 dummy team. 10 teams = 9 match weeks.
- (Option A1: Owners of high TV teams (4 to 6 players) could play simultaniously in a superchampionship division with their high TV teams with more relaxed schedule)
B) Two groups, 1 with high TV teams and 1 with low TV teams. Due to uneven number of coaches, options would be as follows:
- B1) High TV group with 4 teams (one high TV coach would change into low TV with new team, I'm volunteering for that). Low TV group with 6 teams (either a) 1 new coach or b) 1 dummy team or c) another coach from Hight TV group could play with a fresh team - that is one coach would be playing both in High and Low groups with two different teams). 5 match weeks in low TV, 4 in high TV.
- B2) High TV group with 6 teams (either a) 1 dummy team or b) a coach from low TV group would play with 1 of his existing teams in this group and 1 in fresh team in low TV group = 1 coach with 2 teams). 4 teams in the low TV group. 5 match weeks in high TV, and either 3 or 6 match weeks in low TV.

All right, let's here your opinions and thoughts guys! What do you think we should do?

PS. My summer vacation is still ahead, I'll start my holiday on August 20th. I know that the 2 weeks before my vacation will be extremely busy at work but I'll try to keep up with the NUL as actively as I can.

The Golden Arrow

I can play with a high TV team if we decide thats the best thing to do.

I don't think we should have a dummy team.

hakos

Here are my opinions in preferred order

1) Get one more player, I will talk to Lars once more. I believe he have vacation another two weeks, so after that he might be able to start, but I don't promise anything.

2) One coach playing two teams in different divisions, however, what happens after the division play? I assume there will be something similar as in season 7 there the two divisions are mixed in a play-off series. Which could mean that the two team player can meet himself. It is ok for me to just decide a winner, but I would like some comments about how to do this before the league starts.

3) One dummy team.

By the way, what will happen in a possible play-off with 9 or 10 teams? Is that even possible? Would it be possible to only have 8 teams in the play-off and say the last team in the second division will not advance to the play-off?

The Golden Arrow

One more player would of course be best but we can't wait forever either.

If one player has two teams we'll have to have two separate leagues with a separate playoff league. A player can't have two teams in the same league but I at least would be fine with dropping the spot with one of the teams and letting the next best team go through.

Mr B

FYI, we have Valhalla CUP (6 teams minimum) and Ulls pasture (also 6player minimum)
They are used to divide NUL in two groups independent.

So players Can join both to increase teams to 6 if needed.
There will be No final games between the two groups.

BR
B

Barmution

My priorities would be as follows:

1) Get new player, as long as it doesn't push the start date too far.
2) One or more players play with a team in each league. I cannot do this myself due to the time it takes, unfortunately.
3) Dummy team in one or both leagues.

- Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.