Season 8 SIGN-UP

Started by J-Reedy, May 19, 2012, 02:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

All right, so how about the following:
1) We'll wait for few days to find the 10th player. If one is found, it's 10 team league with TV=<1240 teams. If not, it's either of the following:
2A) The Golden Arrow plays in high TV division (= 6 teams). If Golden is up to it, he also plays in low TV division (= 4 teams) with fresh team. Option is also given for (1 to 3) high TV coaches to play in low TV division so that there'll will either 4 or 6 low TV teams.
2B) J-Reedy moves into low TV division and doesn't play in the high TV division (= 4 high TV teams) and another coach from high TV division plays a fresh team in low TV division (=6 teams) in addition to his high TV team.

If we get two divisions with 4/6 teams, the division with 4 teams can play double series = 6 games and the division with 6 teams single series = 5 games. As Mr. B noted, high and low TV teams won't meet in the playoffs. The high TV champ is considered the league champion, low TV champ the division champion. Or at the end of the season we can play a super cup between the two champs to decide the true champion.

Let's try to get this thing moving this week, so EVERYBODY start thinking about new team or the possibility of lowering your NUL teams TV to 1240. Also, HIGH TV coaches can ANNOUNCE if they're willing and able to play in both high and low TV. I should be able to do that.

----------------
Just to note, if I end up playing with a fresh team (options 1 and 2B), I'll either look into possibily of lowering Cougar Kittens (amazon) TV to the limit or start a new pro-elf/human/dwarf/goblin team.

hakos

Hi.

Got hold of Lars, he is still out moving around in Sweden. He will start working again next week though, which means his earliest date to join this league would be early next week.

So either we start now with one of the outlined structures or we wait until next week, to make it a little simpler.

/HÃ¥kan

Luiggi

I'm up for a fresh team so my green guys can take a vacation. I won't be able to play on the two leagues though.

Mr B

Alright, I'm in for new a breed also as I have hinted more than once.. all go new?
One Big family group? :D ;D ;)

tags

I'll be happy to create a fresh team for the upcoming season, but I don't think I can commit to playing two NUL games a week.

hakos

I would have no problem with starting a complete new team either

Lars

Hi Talked to Hakos I have now created a Chaos Team Named Chaotic Dudes My ingame name is Lasseman.
I will start work this week so My life will be back to normal rutines so I will be abel to check te forums a nit mor frequently now.
I will be ready to play from tomorrow.

//Lars

Barmution

Nice, I'll be rolling a fresh undead team if we go for all new teams!

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Welcome Lars!

All right, looks like that 10 team league with below 1240 TV team is the easiest choice. So everybody prepare a team either by creating a new team or somehow fidgeting your existing NUL team under the 1240 TV.

Mr. B, can you setup the NUL feeder or some other league for 10 team? I think everybody likes playoffs, so 8 teams into playoffs is probably the nicest as 10 team playoffs won't work?

Here are the current announced coaches/teams/races. Feel free to change your race/team, these are just for reference:

- Gnaarkill with Vinterlegion (Norse)
- Hakos with Getingarna (Human)
- Golden Arrow with Sweet Sweet Decay (Nurgle)
- Lars with Chaotic Dudes (Chaos)
- Barmution with Material Ghouls (Undead)
- Mr. B with Drop Dead Gorgeous (Khemri)
- Gurgeh with New team
- Kvasilad with New team
- Luiggi with new team
- J-Reedy either with new team or Cougar Kittens (amazon)

Let's try to get the league started during the weekend or next Monday at the latest, so everybody start planning your teams.

The Golden Arrow

Yeah, sign up will be this week and then we'll begin as soon as everyones signed in. Which league will we use Mr. B?

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 13, 2012, 03:15:55 PM
Yeah, sign up will be this week and then we'll begin as soon as everyones signed in. Which league will we use Mr. B?
I'll say lets jump in to Feeder Camp!
We all need some feeding inhere boys, bring the new teams! 8)
PW: fish

I'll fix my team tomorrow not sure what to pick but it will be unique, Vampires Khemri sounds like an idea.

Cheers!
B

Barmution

The Material Ghouls are in!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Just a comment on the Type and setup as I see it we have two option.
Championship
@10 players = 1 Division, double round robin option
Play off = No.

CUP
@10 players = 1 division, double round robin option,
Play off with 8 teams in one pool

I would rise one hand for Cup, despite that two teams will not join the Play off.

The Golden Arrow

I vote cup as well :)

Also, Sweet Sweet Decay are signed up and rotten... I mean ready.

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on August 13, 2012, 12:47:27 PM
- Hakos with Getingarna (norse)

You, Sir, are insulting me, trying to claim that Getingarna are norse's. Norse's, they can't even clean their own noses properly. We are Humans and proud of it. Let's meet on the pitch to clarify that we are Humans, at least a little bit more more Human than norse's...
;)

"I'll say lets jump in to Feeder Camp!
We all need some feeding inhere boys, bring the new teams!
PW: fish"

Hmm, does this mean that I don't have to do anything for Getingarna, that we are already in place and all is a-ok?

I also prefer a cup instead of a championship, even if I am one of the more likely persons to miss the play-off. This will give me a much more obtainable goal for the team than trying to win the league, aiming for 8 or better.

/Hakos