S7 MATCH DAY 3

Started by J-Reedy, May 21, 2012, 04:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

We could finally play the match and it ended 2-0 in my favor. The mercenaries that hakos hired to compensate for the team value did not play their best and could not make a difference, and the orcs put all their skills to good use. Though it could have ended in a disaster for the humans (only 1 MNG), they withstood some damage and most of their players only got KO'd.

Thanks for the game and good luck working up that TV... with such a difference is nearly impossible to snatch a victory. Well played though.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Mr B on May 26, 2012, 08:45:55 AM
hehe, NP.. that time fits my schedule better  :o

Cool! See you tomorrow B.

/Gnaarkill

hakos

Reporter: I'm standing here with the coach of Getingarna. Nice of you to join us.

Coach: Well I had to, the reporter's area the only place where the angry fan's can't reach me

Reporter: Understandably, 0-3, not a great start

Coach: Well, it's not surprising, the other teams have significantly more experience.
Although I had some hope to win against Vinterlegionen, but they played really well

Reporter: It seems the mercenaries did not help?

Coach: They did, too much in fact. They had to do a lot of the heavy and brutal work and they seemed to also get the most out of it. They got almost 40% of our SPP which really have slowed down the development of the team

Reporter: Seems to be some techincal term there that I do not understand but Otto seems to be a rising star?

Coach: Yes, our thrower Otto is definitely the star of the team. He have done our only TD, two good passes of 3 in total and seriously hurted one opponent. It was a well deserved MVP he got as well.

Reporter: So, now it is time for the play-off and a new loss for you?

Coach: Of course not. Why do you say that?

Reporter: Well, you are 0-3, your opponent won the shark group with 3-0 and they are even more experienced than all teams you have met so far. Seems quite obvious too me

Coach: And that's why we will win. In a good story the underdog will rise and strike back when everything seems to be lost.

Reporter: Yes, but I will go with the safe bet anyway and place my money on your opponent. One more question

Coach: Ok, no wait, gotta go, see you later

Angry fans: There he is, get him, kick him, maim him, let's get a coach who knows how to win

Barmution

You've had to work uphill all season, Hakos. No shame in losing a bit when starting at such a disadvantage. If it's any consolation Druchii Smuchii Schmoo was sent out of the cup by their first opponent last season, so you've got statistics on your side  ;)

Keep on keeping on!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

I have no problem with losing. I joined this league for two reasons. First to be able to play more than in my other league and secondly to see first hand how the inducement system would work in extreme cases with ~500 in TV difference.

My feeling is that the inducement works quite well to create a balanced single game. I definitely had some good chances of drawing or even winning with just a little bit more luck in some critical situtation. On the other hand, I had to play more on chances than normal due to having less useful skills in the team.

The big problem, as I see it, is that the mercenaries tend to hog many of my SPP and thus my team is getting better more slowly than usual, and that will continue for a long time. I think that at least the MVP should only go to a regular player in the team. That would make it much more feasible to start with a new team in a medium/high TV league.

Another thing that I learned is that in this league I should have started with an ogre in the team, and no catchers. The starting lineup I used would have been more useful in a league with only beginner teams. But, live and learn!

It has been a blast playing against all the teams and coaches have all been very nice so I will definitely stay on for another season.

Barmution

Good to hear that you are enjoying your matches here :) I agree that the coaches in NUL are pretty awesome people, very little bemoaning of poor rolling and great sportsmanship in general.

I also agree with your sentiment that an Ogre would've been better in your starting line-up, but I think that is general advice more than specific for starting against higher TV teams: Humans just need that extra bit of strength/roadblock qualities that an Ogre bring. And yeah, it sucks when a mercenary sucks up the SPP but losing a highly skilled player ain't that much fun either  ;)

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.