S7 MATCH DAY 5 - CUP ROUND 2

Started by J-Reedy, June 03, 2012, 07:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

Orkitis B.C. 2 - 0 Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers

It looks like the orcs are really pumped up for the cup and are trying hard to leave behind all the weakness shown in the regular season. They started hard and finished harder, knocking out zombies and werewolves alike. Geri the Greedy, the best player on the pitch, was stomped by a lineorc early in the game and was knocked out so hard that he would get up in the locker room after the match. His companion suffered the same fate at the start of the second half and finally both Ghouls were removed from the pitch after trying a run for the quick touchdown. One of them is presumibly retiring due to a Fractured Skull injury.

Orcs received in the first drive and quickly got the upper hand after a nice reception and Geri's knock-out. Some zombies were forcibly taken off the pitch and orcs withstood some claw and crowd damage pretty well, maintaining their numbers advantage throughout the match. They scored in turn 8 and prepared for the second half.

A close kick put the ball in the hands of a zombiee, slowing the necromancer's attack. The orcs had enough time to reposition after a rather unusual set up and stopped the attack, although in this half, injuries came into play. First a zombie, then a rookie ghoul, both victims of Gabber Bruis'Elbow, were sent to the undead dug-out. The home team finally managed to deal some damage and knocked out a black orc, but it was still not enough to break their defense. Tex Wolfe, the Wight, went for the miracle play with a long bomb to his teammate Droopy Avery, but he fumbled the ball. The defensive orc thrower claimed his minute of fame by picking the ball up and passing it to a blitzer, who scored the 2-0 right before the final whistle.

----------------------

Summarizing...

1. Too many KO's: 1 KO when going for it, 2 KO's dodging and several others from blocks and fouls put the necros at a great disadvantage very early. Recovery dice were not good either (2/7).
2. One sided blocking dice: I got all the pows and stumbles in the first half, J got skulls (3 triple skulls), pushes and both down.
3. Re-roll eating machine: despite having 4, there were so many double skulls, single skulls and 1's that re-rolls burnt like crazy.

Thanks for the game, J-Reedy, and sorry for your bad luck. I've been at both ends of it and it's not really as enjoyable as a tighter match with even(ish) luck. This season for me is kinda extreme... it's either very good luck or very bad luck :D I guess that's the game.

hakos

One more match played and I managed to get my first victory in this league. Getingarna-Vinterlegionen 2-0

The match was fairly even with about the same luck with dices. However, I had a slight upper hand the entire match due to superiority in numbers. This was all part of my plan since I started with 12 players and a bloodweiser babe compared to 11 players for the norse but it got better very quickly with some help from the audience. They killed a lineman for Vinterlegionen at first kick-off with a sharp stone, although the healer could save him. This gave me a very early lead in numbers and I kept that the entire match.

I was the receiver in the first half and since the enemy line was slightly thinner than usual I managed to break through and build a cage on his half rather quickly. He created a wall of flesh and we wrestled with each other for some turns before I finally managed to dodge free with my ball keeper and score a TD in turn 6.

In the second half I got a little lucky with my kick and placed the ball as far away as possible. This meant that I could engage his guys so much that when his ball carrier finally arrived over the line of scrimmage he could not build a proper cage. I also got an early badly hurt on him plus some knock out's so most if this half we played with 10 to 8 players on the field to my advantage. Which of course helped tremendously. I managed to get the ball loose and after some bounces it ended up in a fairly good position for me. I could keep most of his players away from the ball and next turn I could pick it up. After that it was mostly a matter of running towards his end zone with one player while the rest screened away his possibility to catch me. The second TD came in turn 15.

Barmution

Sounds like you finally got a break, hakos! Gratz!  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Mr. B, just want to confirm whether we are playing tonight (21.00)?

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 08, 2012, 07:10:30 PM
Mr. B, just want to confirm whether we are playing tonight (21.00)?
Ok, I thought it was 20:30, but np.

The Golden Arrow

The Golden Arrow

Well that was a truly aweful game against Mr. B. I failed everything I tried to do and at least in the first half he succeded with everything and my players flew off the field in no time. At the start I passed my dodge rolls, but could not roll a single pow. Then I failed my dodge rolls as well (about half of the rolls on 2+) for the rest of the half. In the second the crowd decided to go in and knock my players down (four of me vs one of him), including my thrower who was supposed to get the ball. I got a few guys through but the guy who moved back to take the ball rolled snake eyes. He blitzed that guy away and stood beside the ball, but did not mark on of my catchers on his half so my ag 5 accurate thrower could dodge in and pick the ball up and throw. 3+ with reroll to get i off but it was not meant to be. He knocked the thrower down, but did not have the players to pick the ball up. I dodged with the thrower to pick the ball up but snake eyes again. The turn after he rolled badly though and got a double skull that he rerolled but some blocks later he got another double skull and got a turnover. He had no players on the left side of the field so if I could get the ball I ould be in a good position to score the turn after. He managed to pick the ball up on 3+, but one of his players intercepted the ball! Against an AG 5 thrower with safe throw... Then he just ran the ball in slowly and pummeled some more guys.

All in all I managed to break armour once (against his arm 6 player), which was only a stun late game when it didn't matter. To add insult to injury I only rolled a 1 for money after the game and the MVP went to a blitzer who died in the game...

I am not bitter at all as you can see.

Mr B

Another crazy game vs Goldie, this time in my favor.

Seems like there were 3 "1" on the dices, it really was crazy, but elf's that cannot dodge are in trouble even if the opponent rolls some double skulls.

Moment of the match, ag5 thrower (safe throw from the start), fumbles the roll on a  pass (-2 pass) , next turn my dude intercept and the thrower fails his safe throw..

Take care Goldie, luck will change eventually (yes I spotted the RIP'ed Blitzer who manages a pass also got the MVP  :o).
/B

Barmution

Ow, that sounds awful, Golden  :( My condolences.

DSS won a semi-phyrric 4-1 victory against the Disorganized Dudes, losing 2 linos to death and getting a serious concussion on a dodge lino. One of my dead got the MVP, which makes it the 2nd MVP in a row down the drain. Still, I fared WAY better than your poor HiE, so I'll refrain from blubbering too much. It's up to kvasilad and his horrid ST6 mino now to take down those rampaging norsemen of Bantha's...

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B