S7 MATCH DAY 6 - CUP ROUND 3

Started by J-Reedy, June 09, 2012, 07:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: Mr B on June 10, 2012, 07:48:43 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on June 09, 2012, 06:54:04 PM
Hi there! Thursday and Friday 20:30 should be good, otherwise I think my Saturday and Sunday are both pretty open.
Lets try Friday then, CEST 20:30.

BR
/B

Sounds good :)

Barmution

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 11, 2012, 10:30:06 AM
Quote from: Barmution on June 11, 2012, 08:39:17 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 10, 2012, 05:56:22 PM
Yeah OK. On Friday I can either play during the day or late, from 22.30. On Saturday and Sunday I don't know right now, but I should be able to play from 20 or so.
Those are not particularly good times for me (to say the least), but I'll try to make Friday 22.30 work.

-Barm

So, you can't play during the weekend at all? I should be able to take some time, although I would prefer it to be morning or evening and not during the afternoon.
I read your post as you not being available on the weekends until at 2000h, but if you can manage a "morning" game (say 1100h) on Sunday, that would be perfect.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Ah ok, that was just my prefered time. Sunday at 11 should probably work, a bit earlier would be even better.

Barmution

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 11, 2012, 11:32:29 AM
Ah ok, that was just my prefered time. Sunday at 11 should probably work, a bit earlier would be even better.
I can't commit to anything earlier than that, but I can try to be online at about 10.30. No promises, though.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 09, 2012, 07:52:41 AM
Howdy Gnaarkill! Here are my OK starting times that I'm sure about right now, all times GMT+2 / CEST:
- Sunday 9-14 (bit later times, maybe until 16, could also be OK but I need to know early)
- Tuesday 19-20.30 (forgot that I have a floorball match at 19)
- Wednesday 19-21
- Thursday 19.30-21
- Friday 17-22

Let me know if anyone of those suits you, sir. I'll let know about days after those later, if nescessary.

Sorry J, have been a very busy week for me!
Havent been able to check out the forum!
How about today (thursday) @ 21.00? If you see this that is. Otherwise my weekend is quite busy, going away on a festival friday-saturday. I can play on sunday though, then i will be available alla day.
Cheers!
/Gnaarkill

J-Reedy

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 14, 2012, 10:07:57 AM
Sorry J, have been a very busy week for me!
Havent been able to check out the forum!
How about today (thursday) @ 21.00? If you see this that is. Otherwise my weekend is quite busy, going away on a festival friday-saturday. I can play on sunday though, then i will be available alla day.
Cheers!
/Gnaarkill

Hi'ya, no problems, today at 21 is OK with me. If anything comes up, let me know here at the forum, otherwise I'll be online in game at 21. See you on the field!

Luiggi

I'm ready when you are Hakos, I hope you can make it because I'm away the whole weekend :D

hakos

Allright, let's start in ~8 minutes, 18:40

/HÃ¥kan

Luiggi

I saw you log in and out, I hope you're not having connection issues :D

Hmmm, this says that connection has failed... Game crash? If so I'll alt+f4 to see if we can reset it without an admin, please confirm it.

hakos

yes, computer crashed, restarted now

Luiggi

I crashed the game as well, let's hope the client didn't set any score so we can replay it now.

hakos

First time this happens during blood bowl for over 2 years, hope we can restart, I'll log in again now

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on June 15, 2012, 06:50:12 PM
I crashed the game as well, let's hope the client didn't set any score so we can replay it now.
Correct, if no one as restarted it, it's a go!

hakos

Match played.

Primary target - Preserve team for next match, Achieved !

Secondary target - Improve team, Achieved !

Third target - Draw or Win, Definitely Not achieved !

Succeed with a 1 out of 216 chance, Achieved !

Guess Luiggi will tell you more, especially about the really weird first half...

Luiggi

2-0 to Orkitis in a quite strange match. First off, Hakos misplaced his team thinking it was him who kicked the ball, but in fact he was the receiver! That first drive was crazy, with 3 6's in a row to pick up a ball in 3 TZs and pass it through my defense to a lineman that made a run for it. He got 1 die blitzed and his mercenary Zara rolled a double skull next turn, finishing with any chances of scoring a touch down this half. I managed to pass the ball upfield but Hakos stopped me and managed to send a long bomb that was intercepted by an orc lineman deep into my own half. With only one turn left, the lineman managed to go for it twice and hand it off to a blitzer that scored after two more GFI. Several humans were injured so the second half started 9 vs 11.

At the start of the second half, the human catcher got KO'd early because he ventured into the LOS. With the numbers advantage I could force feed the ball to my killer blitzer, who scored a touchdown and made it to Star. With 2-0, Hakos managed ot move the ball around to level up some linemen (and very well he did :D) and attempted to make a run for it with a blitzer, but he was alone and the ball was taken from him easily. Orcs could have scored a third touchdown but the thrower decided not to pick the ball up.

--------------------------

Again, a match with a 510 TV difference is quite uneven, especially when the ogre decides to go bonehead 5 out of 12 times and the hired star player doesn't make a big difference. Since all the injuries were just badly hurt (except for a Smashed Collar Bone on a merc lino), both apothecaries went to waste, and kick-off events were quite bad for Hakos. Luckily none of his players died or got severely injured, which is something.

With this new victory, Orkitis wins the 3 matches of the cup 2-0 and will start the knock-out rounds in top form... we'll see if they keep up the good work or they crumble under the pressure.

PS: A lvl 5 blitzer, yay! :D

PS2: According to the Samba Calculator, the chances of his play happening were 1.9 % without a reroll and 4.4 % with a reroll (which he had, but didn't need). If we remove Sure Hands and Pass on his Thrower (which he didn't need either), the success rate is 0.5 %. Not bad at all!