S7 MATCH DAY 6 - CUP ROUND 3

Started by J-Reedy, June 09, 2012, 07:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

The Norse takes it 2-0 in quite the bloody affair, resulting in 2 dead norse and 1 dead chaos warrior. I had three Dudes left standing at the end of turn 16, I don't think we've ever been quite this disorganized! Happily, my apo rescued Thishnogors (my main ball carrier with some 60 SPP) from death to BH, but was unable to save Random Robin from Rotting Rapidly. Infrequent Ivan was Immediately Instated to Inspire Ill-adviced new Initiatives.

hakos

Brilliant match report, short, informative and nice alliteration at the end.

Mr B

Yes it was a nice game, really didn't know what I did trying to safe a 6spp runner from niggle, the apo failed miserably killing the dude in the process  ::)
Ops, what happened here?

:D

tags

There was definitely some karma going on here as well. Last match vs. Mr. B, I was extremely lucky, pulling off the victory with some over-the-top chaos elf play, but this time the tale of dice is quite the opposite:

D6: (Dragon Trainers) 17.50 v 1.58 (Disorganized Dudes)
2D6: (Dragon Trainers) 21.35 v -4.18 (Disorganized Dudes)

Yikes!

Barmution

The elven blood feud takes a break as DSS tie 2 - 2 with the Virgins (No More). The match looked to be a one-sided affair after the first half as the VNM were down a couple of key players, but some overly arrogant stalling (and rather poor positioning) by the Druchii was turned around to give the VNM an opening to go up 2-1 which they firmly seized. After that it was a mad scramble for DSS to do a 2-turner to equalize, which they managed just barely.

A fine game by Golden, who complained a wee bit about his armor in the beginning, but who stepped up to seize the moment with some fine playing. As for myself, I learned a valuable lesson in how not to position your ballcarrier next to the sideline, even in a screened half-cage (damn you, ag5!).

PS. D6 DSS: 3.33, VNM: 15.36. 2D6 DSS: -0.41, VNM: 19.50. Your armor is just FINE, Golden  ;)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Well, when you get 3 players put out in the first three turns of your drive its a bit annoying, especially as one of the players was my most important player who got apo:d during the first turn of the first drive.  Those armour/injury rolls where such a small number of the total 2d6 rolls that they aren't visible in the statistic, but that doesn't mean that they didn't affect the game in a big way (even if the streak didn't continue in later turns). Also I had to take more chances later in the turns since I was down 2-3 players basically all game.

Then in the end I got very lucky and managed to take the ball and score which kinda made up for it, but its still not very fun to play a game like that.

Thanks for the game though, you played very well and we are 1-1-1 in our games against each other with these teams which seems kinda fitting :P

Barmution

Yeah, as I noted you were down some key players. I was really just poking fun at what was at in the heat of the moment a pretty fatalistic view of the match. Fun to see that these 'grudge' matches turn out so even   ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.