S7 PLAYOFFS - QUARTER FINALS

Started by J-Reedy, June 18, 2012, 05:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on June 18, 2012, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on June 18, 2012, 07:53:14 AM
I'm guessing my matchup was one of them, seeing as I went 1-1-1 in the champs and a dismal 0-3 in the cup? :D

Anyway, Luiggi, I'm available for starting between 18 and 22 CEST on Wednesday and Thursday. I guess I could also do today from 2030-2200 CEST.

I'll probably be able to come back with some weekend times if none of those sound good.

Hey there kvasilad. Wednesday at 18 CEST sounds good, I'll see you in-game.

Hi again! You don't happen to be available as early as 17? I know I said from 18, but my Wednesday changed a bit. I can still do 18, but 17 would be better.

hakos

Quote from: hakos on June 18, 2012, 06:17:39 PM
Quote from: Barmution on June 18, 2012, 03:08:52 PM
Quote from: hakos on June 18, 2012, 02:20:32 PM
Time to meet some nice Elves. Must be better than those pesky orc's last time, right? Highest TV of all team's you say? And 5 blodgers, oh dear, time to call some not so nice friends to join the team...

Barmution, I can play almost any evening from 18:00 and forward this week if I just get a one day heads-up (even though tuesday is the least suitable). Weekend, not sure yet, but can probably play alot of times except friday evening and saturday morning (curing hangover at that time).

/HÃ¥kan
You are in for a treat, H! DSS hate causing casualties, that's why we let the crowd do our dirty business for us. Just let us dominate the sidelines, and you'll be fine. In true Druchii style there will even be something in it for you if you let us run freely towards your end zone ;)

How about Wednesday at 20.30 GMT+2/CEST?

That time would suite me fine. See you then.

/H

Hi.

I'm sorry to say that I'm a little bit confused about what I'm doing on evenings. Can't make it either today or tomorrow evening. Is there any other time in the week that would fit your schedule?

/H

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on June 18, 2012, 08:10:58 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on June 18, 2012, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on June 18, 2012, 07:53:14 AM
I'm guessing my matchup was one of them, seeing as I went 1-1-1 in the champs and a dismal 0-3 in the cup? :D

Anyway, Luiggi, I'm available for starting between 18 and 22 CEST on Wednesday and Thursday. I guess I could also do today from 2030-2200 CEST.

I'll probably be able to come back with some weekend times if none of those sound good.

Hey there kvasilad. Wednesday at 18 CEST sounds good, I'll see you in-game.

Ok! Can't wait to face those black orcs without my mino... sigh.

Well, I won't deny that I was quite relieved when I checked your team and saw that your MONSTER Mino was injured. You have some dangerous beasts though, with good ball handling and decent speed.

On the other hand, I have managed to make a total of 24 skill-up rolls without a single double roll or stat raise, so I might as well rename my team to "Mediocre Orcs". The good thing is that orcs are still competitive with standard skill-ups, though a few extra stats or some dodge/diving tackle never hurts!

I guess this team compensates another one I had a long time ago with 3 STR 4 blitzers (one of them with dodge/7 mv) and 3 blodging Black Orcs :D

Anyway, it should be an interesting match, armor and casualty rolls will have a big impact on this one. You're outstrenghted but your extra speed and agility gives you an edge, so we'll see :)

Edit: I just saw your post... 17 is fine for me, no problem ;)

tags

Yay, here's for relying on the speed, agility and ball handling capability of my chaos team... time to get those goat-elves out again :D

17 it is then, thanks a bunch!

Mr B

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 19, 2012, 10:45:00 AM
Hi Mister, with the big B :)
How about today (tuesday) @20:30?
Otherwise i can play on thursday @20:30.

Lets see if my chumps can beat your champs!? =)

/Gnaarkill
That could work, could be a little late but I think I'll manage.

Cheers!
/B

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Mr B on June 19, 2012, 05:13:28 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 19, 2012, 10:45:00 AM
Hi Mister, with the big B :)
How about today (tuesday) @20:30?
Otherwise i can play on thursday @20:30.

Lets see if my chumps can beat your champs!? =)

/Gnaarkill
That could work, could be a little late but I think I'll manage.

Cheers!
/B

Cool see you tonight B!

/Gnaarkill

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on June 19, 2012, 11:03:26 AM
Hi.

I'm sorry to say that I'm a little bit confused about what I'm doing on evenings. Can't make it either today or tomorrow evening. Is there any other time in the week that would fit your schedule?

/H

How about Thursday the same time, then?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Thanks for the game Gnaar.
Cool game that had much entertainment.
First half both teams find them self in trouble when blocking.
Quit strange as this should be the strength of Norse.
First half ended with Morg catching and dodging scoring the equalizer.
In second half the dragon trainers started the grinder, still more elf skills could end the game in any way.

In the end the trainers could get hold of the ball ending the game 2-1 to the Norse  :o
Good luck in the coming seasons Gnaarkill!
B

The Golden Arrow

The second quarter has been played add well and it was a crazy game that ended 4-1 to me. I kicked and he started well with two injuries the first two turns. At least they weren't any important players this time. I managed to crowd push one of his wights though. After a few turns he got a small opening and didn't think it through before running his back carrier forward. Necro has got a big difference in speed between the fast and show players do even though he spotted the mistake and tried to cage up ad good as possible there was still an opening left and elves are the masters of capitalizing on mistakes. I blitzed the ball free, picked it up with one of my ag5 guys and threw it to a catcher who ran far away with the ball and then scored.

He only had 3 turns to score do had to push hard. He failed a hand off however and I picked it up and ran it up with a catcher to at least move the ball as far from my side as possible. He only got a 1 die block and skulled out with no reroll left letting me score the second td.

Second half it was basically decided and I scored a quick goal followed by one by him and then a fourth by me. I did however loose two players I'm the game plus one mng and rolled snake eyes for income so next game might be tough.

Thanks for three game j, was a blast!

tags

Luiggi pulls off a 1-0 victory over the Dudes, who continue their losing streak. The first drive was brutal, in that I only had 4 or 5 guys left standing (no real injuries though, just KO's and surfs), and the Orcs perform a controlled TD in turn 8.

I was all set with 11 guys on the field in the second half, partly due to my 2x Babes, but failing a 2+ drop-off with RR in turn 10 pretty much turned everything around. There was chaotic scrambling for the ball for a while, but I never got away with it. I had excellent dice most of second half, but it didn't help me much, as I was out of position after the failed hand-off.

Luiggi

A third team makes it to the semi-finals as Orkitis beat Disorganized Dudes 1-0.

Orcs received a very deep kick that landed on their end-zone, but the orcs thrower could control the ball and put it upfield. The chaos team brought some special kegs of Bloodweiser Babes and the coach's intuition was proved right as 2 goats got KO'd in the first two blocks of the game. A promising player, an agile beastman, was knocked down DEAD in turn 2, but the apothecary saved him. Close call for a player that would get injured again in the last moments of the game.

By turn 3 the chaos team was 4 men down after a frenzied push by the orcish newly promoted Star, but his bloodlust costed him and his team dearly, as he was pushed again. Sure thing a Star has supporters, but in Blood Bowl they tend to have more haters, so he got stomped by a furious crowd that broke several bones, including his Collar Bone. The apothecary healed that injury but his ribs were still broken and thus he will miss the semi-finals... a big blow for Orkitis.

With both apothecaries gone by turn 4, this promised to be a gory game. The orcs scored in turn 8 with a great advantage in numbers; the chaos defence was helpless against so many greenskins. However, things would change in the second half.

All the KO's were back in action and they made a great play as they faked an attack on the left side only to move the ball all the way to the other side. However, once half of his team was repositioned and the orcs were way out of place, the extra-arms, 2 headed beastman carrier let the ball slip through his many hands, leaving the ball exposed near the orc thrower. The orcs got the upper hand again and secured the ball while preparing a counter-attack. Many chaos warriors and beastmen were far away from the action, but the ones that remained held their ground against stronger foes and prevented a second touchdown. They started to pummel the orcs and managed to get their armor broken 4 times in 4 consecutive blocks, injuring the best black orc on the pitch, as well as a tough blitzer. Things were not looking good for the orcs, so after picking up the ball again they tried to play the clock and ran back towards their end-zone!

Goats and warriors alike chased down the outnumbered orcs, who went for a desperate play involving a black orc catching a hand-off. It had failure written all over it and the outcome was not much different. The goats got hold control of the ball again but time was running out, so they attempted a quick pass to the extra arms goat... The agile beastman fumbled it, ending with any chances of making it to the semi-finals. Orcs punished the beastman's poor play by sending him back to the dug-out before attempting a miracle pass to a stranded black orc that was within scoring distance. The ball never got there but the greenskins were still happy about their win.

-----------------------------------------------------

Good one, kvasilad, that was a nasty, fun game. I'm pretty sure that had the minotaur been in this match, I'd be bandaging some orcs after a crushing defeat. The snake eyes on the hand-off were a game changer, so I'm thankful to Nuffle this time :D I lost my starplayer for the semi-finals but I got lucky with a cas + mvp on a black orc, so I hope he can make a stellar comeback in the finals and keep doing what he does best: hard-hitting!

PS: Will I get a doubles or stat-raise this time? I'm betting on a 6+5 roll on the BOB and a regular one on the Thrower... ah, the irony :D

PS2: With this game, one of the oldest players in my team, Glulor the lineman, reaches 20 matches played, with astonishing stats: 2 receptions, 20 yards ran, 5 casualties sustained, 2 KO's sustained, 1 tackle completed. 0 Touchdowns, 0 MVPs, 0 passes, 0 casualties, 0 KO's, 0 interceptions, 0 SPPs. Keep it up, I never liked SPP hogs anyway! :P

Barmution

Yo, Hakos!

Would be nice to know if 20.30 tonight suits you  :)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on June 21, 2012, 07:50:35 AM
Yo, Hakos!

Would be nice to know if 20.30 tonight suits you  :)

Hi

Sorry about my bad response time, this week suddenly got very busy for me but now it is back to normal again.

Tonight 20:30 suits me perfectly.

/H

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on June 21, 2012, 10:24:56 AM

Hi

Sorry about my bad response time, this week suddenly got very busy for me but now it is back to normal again.

Tonight 20:30 suits me perfectly.

/H

[/quote]
Excellent! See you tonight on the pitch, then!

-Barm

Barmution

DSS wins 4 - 0 in a severe nuffling of Getingarna whose hired star Morg took way too long to really get into the match.

Really sorry about that Blitzer, Hakos  :-[ Hope your luck improves next season.

-Barm