S7 PLAYOFFS - SEMI-FINALS

Started by J-Reedy, June 22, 2012, 07:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

Luiggi

Orcs win 2-0 versus a high elf team that didn't have their day.

Elves won the cointoss and decided to kick. They started strong, breaking some armor and knocking out Orkitis' replacement killer-blitzer. The apothecary promtly stepped into the pitch to wake him up so that he could take out some elves in their first drive of possession. Despite these first blows, the orcs could form a good cage on the right side of the pitch and proceeded to remove players from the pitch. First a niggled lineman and then the mercenary. The orcs worked the ball upfield nice and slow while the elves tried to hold them off, outnumbered by 3 after another knock-out. The orcs took the upper hand in turn 8 and prepared to receive in the second half.

The greenskins prepared for the kick in a deep formation while the elves set up 1 thrower deep and the rest of their team on the LOS, trying to outbash the frontline and put a catcher into scoring positions. However, a quick Blitz! from the orcs resulted in their whole team surrendered while a black orc moved near the ball's trajectory. Gluror the average orc made his stellar appareance by rushing close to the ball and grabbing it as it bounced off the pitch! The high elves were forced to blitz him but their experienced blitzer could not sprint (1+1 on gfi) and got stunned. The orcs then bashed all the exposed high elves on the LOS, though they held their ground. Glulor was marked by an elf, who got fiercely blocked and got knocked out. Glulor stepped back to the safety of another cage and both coaches then agreed to end the match prematurely, seeing that a comeback was unlikely. Glulor slowly walked to the end-zone and, as unbelieveble as it might sound, his performance earned him the MVP award! From now on, he is determined to step his play up a notch and his boot down a throat with his new acquired skill.

----------------------

Thanks for the game, Golden Arrow. As usual, these games come to details like who gets the Blitz! or who injures someone first. I could safely prepare a cage and remove some players, though it could have been a different story with a normal event on the second half. The bounce and pick-up was quite lucky and your failed GFI put the nail in the coffin.

With such a lucky game from me I'm scared of whoever I might face in the finals... I only hope that, no matter who the winner is, the game ends up being tight and open-ended.

The Golden Arrow

Well you forgot to mention that I managed to blitz the ball carrier down down in turn 3:ish but the ball bounced right back into the cage marked by 3 orcs and I could not get it. Most other bounces would have meant that one of my ag 5 players could have scoped it up and then I would have got a TD which would have changed the match alot. Playing againt orcs with just 11 players (one a merc) does not work though, the team was just too destroyed from earlier games.

But thanks for the game and good luck in the play offs :)

Luiggi

Yeah, I forgot to mention it and I remembered that blitz a bit later :D It was a good defensive play but another lucky bounce helped me a lot. I hope you can recover your losses and rebuild your squad, you've got pretty good key players in it... you just need some more fodder.

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on June 25, 2012, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: Mr B on June 25, 2012, 01:23:50 PM
Quote from: Barmution on June 25, 2012, 08:23:39 AM
Quote from: Mr B on June 25, 2012, 07:07:14 AM
Quote from: Barmution on June 23, 2012, 06:42:06 PM
Mr B:
How about Monday at 20.30 GMT+2/CEST?
I'll try, no promises as of now though...  :-\
Ok, I'll log in and wait around for a bit tonight, then. Post here if you can confirm that you cannot play tonight.

-Barm
Looks like I'll not be able to play tonight
B
Thursday at the same time?

-Barm
Hmm, how about Friday same time?
Will that work for you?
I'm quite interesting in the euro semi also  ::)

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on June 26, 2012, 06:09:29 PM
Will that work for you?
That's not what you posted initially, you soccer freak! :o Got a match in a different league on Friday, I'm afraid. How about early Sunday then?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on June 26, 2012, 08:06:58 PM
Will that work for you?
That's not what you posted initially, you soccer freak! :o Got a match in a different league on Friday, I'm afraid. How about early Sunday then?
Different league  :o Hmm, but yes Sunday will work.
What is early in your book, I can start from 08:00 cest.
B

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on June 27, 2012, 10:30:14 AM
Will that work for you?
B
How about 11:00? No kids here, so 11 is early enough for me on a Sunday  ;)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on June 27, 2012, 12:39:57 PM
Will that work for you?
B
Haha, that's lunchtime, sure I think that will work, you cannot push it so we can start 1030?

Luiggi

May all the spectators enjoy a bloodbath between Norses and Dark Elves. Remember, hit hard and foul harder. The result can take care of itself by turn 30 if you have killed or severely injured (MNG+) their entire team, so my humble advice is that you two forget about the ball and play a fun version of Blood Bowl called Last Man Standing. Keep in mind that you can only play this in a play-off game (otherwise the result will always be 0-0) so it would be a shame not to take advantage of it.

PS: This has nothing to do with me having to face one of you guys in the finals... nope.

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on June 27, 2012, 04:00:20 PM
Quote from: Barmution on June 27, 2012, 12:39:57 PM
Will that work for you?
B
Haha, that's lunchtime, sure I think that will work, you cannot push it so we can start 1030?
1030 it is then. What we Dark Elves won't do to please you drunken Norsemen  ;)

Barmution

A fairly docile but looong (24 turns over 4(!) hours) match sends DSS to the finals to meet Orkitis and possibly their makers. The first half saw the Norse dominating the Dark Elves and scoring rather leisurely after some splendid positioning by Mr B, but the second half saw a bunch of Norse get KO'd and on overtime Mr B had some atrocius luck with key blocks, enabling DSS to put in the decider in their 24th turn. Only one casualty during the whole match (a mng on a rookie lino) makes sure that the Dark Elves go into the finals with a full roster... Khaine willing they're getting out of the finals alive too :p

Thanks for the game, mr B. Sorry the game was decided by those horrid rolls at the end.

hakos

Wow, 24 turns, How does it work after the normal 16?

Golden goal? A new round of 8 turns? Who goes first in turn 17? Is it possible for a match to be, like, 50 turns?

tags

Grats on a tough win, Barm! The real miracle here is how you went 4 hours without net synch errors :D

Hakos: As far as I know, if it's a cup match, you add 4 new turns at the end of turn 16 if the score is equal. I think it goes on adding 4 new turns every 4th turn until there's a winner, so it's not golden goal as such. But I guess, in reality, it's pretty close :)

Barmution

Yup, kvasi's got it right  :)