S7 PLAYOFFS - FINALS

Started by Luiggi, July 02, 2012, 01:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

Quote from: Mr B on July 02, 2012, 06:13:10 AM
The game just continues after the 16th, ending it at turn 20, then 24 etc..
Longest game ever,  ;D
Gratz Barm, yes the blocking powers were lost this morning.
Quite strange that we had no cas except for the one quite early by the yethee.
Never the less, the four double skulls at late stage did hurt a lot.

BR
/B

Meh, I told you guys to play Last Man Standing... Norse teams seem to hurt only teams with more 9+ AV, meh. I'm already scared about what a team with less MB and less armor is going to do to my greenskins. Though it's about time I shed some dark elf blood, so who knows :P Let's hope for a fun and interesting game, regardless of the winner.

So... when can you play, Barmution? This week I should be free every day to kick-off from 16.00 to 18.00 GMT +2.

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on July 02, 2012, 01:06:46 PM
Meh, I told you guys to play Last Man Standing... Norse teams seem to hurt only teams with more 9+ AV, meh. I'm already scared about what a team with less MB and less armor is going to do to my greenskins. Though it's about time I shed some dark elf blood, so who knows :P Let's hope for a fun and interesting game, regardless of the winner.

So... when can you play, Barmution? This week I should be free every day to kick-off from 16.00 to 18.00 GMT +2.
Are you able to start as late as 18.30 GMT+2 tonight, tomorrow or Friday? Anything earlier than that crashes with the work/gym/soccer routine and I'm fully booked on Wednesday and Thursday.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

And to make it official, here's the season FINAL MATCHUP:

The eager teams have already started setting the date for the match, so this promises to be a spectacular show!

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on July 02, 2012, 01:45:27 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on July 02, 2012, 01:06:46 PM

Are you able to start as late as 18.30 GMT+2 tonight, tomorrow or Friday? Anything earlier than that crashes with the work/gym/soccer routine and I'm fully booked on Wednesday and Thursday.

-Barm

Sure, I can start at 18.30. I'm pretty sure I'll be available today, I have an appointment with the doctor (Smashed Knee, niggling injury  :'( ) at 16.50 and I hope I'll be done by 18.20.

Barmution

Awesome, I'' be looking for you online at 18.30 then.

Good luck with the knee/appointment!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

And the last match of the season have just been played, with a score 2-1 for Orkitis after 20 turns. It was a tense final match in which orcs soaked up some damage (the elves barely scratched their armors) and dealt some heavy hitting.

I gotta run now, it's been 2 and a half hours... I might write a more detailed report later.

Well played, Barmution, rolls were on my side today but I was always nervous about making a bad move (which I did, several of them actually :D) and you capitalizing, especially after our previous encounters. Thanks for the game.

Barmution

Yup, it was a worthy final and you played a tight if somewhat bashy (surprise  :P) match and gave me relatively few chances to make ridiculous elf plays. Well played, Luiggi! Hail to the new champs, Orkitis B.C!

J-Reedy

Congratz to Luiggi for the championship and to Barm for surviving the mean green championship bashing machine!

tags

Congratulations, now I don't have to feel that bad about being knocked out in the quarter-finals :D

Gnaarkill

Congratulations Luiggi!

Impressive win, since you started this season with 3 straight losses!  :o

Vinterlegionen still remembers their win over the champs in the starting rounds of this season and are damn proud of it!  ;)

/Gnaarkill

Luiggi

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 03, 2012, 07:05:58 AM
Congratz to Luiggi for the championship and to Barm for surviving the mean green championship bashing machine!

Tell that to their rookie runner! :D (and Flambar, the reliable lvl 3 orc lineman that got killed. I saved my apothecary for later... big mistake!). It was also a close call for the level 4 witch elf, after recklessly blitzing into an orc cage rolling -2d and -2d, she killed herself while dodging away ( ;D ) and got rescued by the apoth (phew).

Anyway, thanks guys. I started the season in pretty bad shape, losing 2 matches in a row (not 3, Gnaarkill, but thanks for the comment ;)), and I was not very confident with my chances of going far this season, but from the second round robin on (cup format) my orcs seemed to start doing their stuff and to remain on the pitch while removing the opposition, so things went smooth from there.

By the way, I think a forum admin needs to update the rolling "news" section with the last 2 seasons... "season 6 is ongoing!" is a bit outdated :D. Not a big deal though.

Luiggi

Oh, by the way, I'm itching to know if my last skill-up of the season will be another boring, normal roll, or the championship trophy will come with a nice roll as reward for a change.

I'll take the time to calculate the odds of not rolling 10+ or doubles in almost 30 consecutive 2d6 rolls (my guess is 0.4 %). Though I think I once rolled 11 on a Black Orc... ah, Nuffle and his jokes ;D

Because of this I have such a bashy team, I'd love to mix it up with a fast blitzer or a good passer, but these guys are just your average greenskin punching robots. It should be fun to play a not-so-average build... 4 blitzers and 4 BOBs with Frenzy as first skill would for sure cause some laughter (and turnovers)!

Mr B

Gratz L!

First Orc team to make it  ;D

Cheers!
/B

Luiggi

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on July 03, 2012, 11:13:16 PMI'll take the time to calculate the odds of not rolling 10+ or doubles in almost 30 consecutive 2d6 rolls (my guess is 0.4 %). Though I think I once rolled 11 on a Black Orc... ah, Nuffle and his jokes ;D
I just ran a binominal calculator on the odds of only getting one or fewer "special" rolls on 28 rolls (about your number of levels, I think) and the odds are about 0.8%. Gratz on beating the system, mate  ;)