S7 PLAYOFFS - FINALS

Started by Luiggi, July 02, 2012, 01:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on July 05, 2012, 10:06:25 AM
Quote from: Luiggi on July 03, 2012, 11:13:16 PMI'll take the time to calculate the odds of not rolling 10+ or doubles in almost 30 consecutive 2d6 rolls (my guess is 0.4 %). Though I think I once rolled 11 on a Black Orc... ah, Nuffle and his jokes ;D
I just ran a binominal calculator on the odds of only getting one or fewer "special" rolls on 28 rolls (about your number of levels, I think) and the odds are about 0.8%. Gratz on beating the system, mate  ;)

Haha, thanks man, I also calculated it last night and I got a 0.1 % (if my calculations are correct, there's a 72 % chance of not rolling doubles or +stat, so if the event is repeated 28 times you get 0.1 %). I guess the 0.7 % difference is due to the single special roll you considered (which is correct, only that I had to ignore it for obvious reasons :D).

This must be the price I have to pay for having a DE team with 2 agi 5 runners or another orc team (already retired) with 3 str 4 blitzers (one with +mv/dodge) and a blodging str 5 BOB.

Barmution

Hehe, yup... Nuffle seems eager to bless or curse very specifically chosen teams.

I've got an Auld World Necromantic team with 5 ST upgrades (3 on the WWs!!!) and I'd give a lot to have that sort of luck in a regular league. I think that with all my league teams together I've had a single +AG, about 8 +MVs, no +ST but a decent number of doubles, though none on any Big Guys.

I'll bet that as soon as I roll a joke team (gobbos or flings), the stats would just start pouring in...
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on July 05, 2012, 11:07:17 AM
Hehe, yup... Nuffle seems eager to bless or curse very specifically chosen teams.

I've got an Auld World Necromantic team with 5 ST upgrades (3 on the WWs!!!) and I'd give a lot to have that sort of luck in a regular league. I think that with all my league teams together I've had a single +AG, about 8 +MVs, no +ST but a decent number of doubles, though none on any Big Guys.

I'll bet that as soon as I roll a joke team (gobbos or flings), the stats would just start pouring in...

Trust me, an agi 4 blodging pogoer can win a game for himself, I've done it several times. Too bad the lifespan of such rare players are so short :D