Season 8 QA - questions & comments about new season here

Started by J-Reedy, May 19, 2012, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Quote from: Luiggi on July 02, 2012, 02:58:06 PM
By the looks of it I will be able to play next season as well. It turned out I have intense work in the mornings but most afternoons I'm free. I will probably keep Orkitis... I might need to fire some veterans to keep the TV low enough, though... (unless DSS do that for me in the S7 finals, which is a strong possibility).

Is there a limit on maximum TV?

Luiggi

I think that on previous seasons it's been put to 1900 or something like that. I guess it all depends on the participants, if everyone has a developed team I guess limit makes little sense, but that's not always the case (and certainly not the case this season :D).

tags

How would that be counted, though? Adding in loners? MNG players? Treasury?

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on July 02, 2012, 07:31:41 PM
How would that be counted, though? Adding in loners? MNG players? Treasury?

I'd assume that just counting the TV value (plus possible MNG injuries and loners in case of an incomplete roster). We'll have to wait until we see all the teams... I quote:

"- Depending on the ratio of new/old teams, there may be Team Value (TV) limit for old teams."

We'll have to wait, in any case I'm ready to defend the title with Orkitis or try some new blood (I'm feeling stunty here... maybe Gobbos or Ogres  ;D).

J-Reedy

OK, The Golden will be away until the 10th, and Kvasi will be away from the 17th to 24th. So maybe the wisest thing would be to put the start of the next season at around 17this-18thish and extend the first match week to 27th or so. This would leave two weeks for new player recruitment and some summer vacationing. Is this OK for everybody?

As to the TV limits, at the moment we would seem to have 2 relatively low TV teams (Vinterlegionen and Getingarna) and 1 fresh team (Golden's nurgle) that would make the core of the rookie division. All other veterans teams should have high enough TV so that the high TV division would probably need no TV limits.

As to league structure and amount of teams, here are some options:
- Me thinks that the best situation would be if we found 3 new players for the rookie division to fill it to at least 6 players and then in veteran division we'd either lure a player from the previous seasons back to NUL or a make dummy team to fill the division up to 6 players.
- The second best solution is that one of the veterans team coaches takes up a new team or old low TV team from NUL and moves to rookie division to make it 4 teams in both divisions. I might be willing to try to make a Cougar Kittens comeback or try some new team.

Another solution could be that all (or some) of the veteran team owners would start fresh teams and play with two teams, one veteran team in a superchampionshipblitzcupextravaganza division and one rookie team in a kitten championship division. As the number of teams in veteran division would be lower than in the rookie division, the veteran division could play with slower pace (maybe 2 real-time weeks for 1 match week in veteran division and the normal 1 for 1 rookie).

But at the moment, finding some new players would probably have to be the priority. Put up some posts in any BB forums you might frequent, ask your BB friends and so on.

Any opinions, ideas and comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Barmution

I posted on the BBTactics.com forums a little while ago, but it seems that the startup date was quite a bit off for those 2 that were initially interested. Anyway, I can roll a new team for the next season if need be. With about a week to decide I won't commit to choosing right this very second, but I'll sign up in due time preferably with a team no-one else has chosen.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

I have two friends that I might be able to persuade to join us. Will work on it for some days now.

tags

I'm willing to roll a rookie team if necessary, even though I would prefer to stick with the Dudes if there are still other high-TV teams around. I wouldn't mind all-fresh teams though (or perhaps allowing low-TV NUL teams as well, say 1300 TV and below or something)

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on July 03, 2012, 10:42:21 AM
I have two friends that I might be able to persuade to join us. Will work on it for some days now.
That would be awesome! The more the murde... *ahem* merrier  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Ok, one more sacrificial lamb, ahem, player convinced to join during lunch today.

Only problem is that vacation might interfere abit with his start here but I will let him post here himself, lets see if it is possible to work something out.

Still two more candidates to ask.

Mr B

I'll check with some friends of mine as well, not sure they are up to it though.
Asking doesn't hurt, does it?

And I have no problems starting a new team.

The described scenario is exactly why we started the feeder camp, to give players a new start and not banning the older heavier teams.
New coaches will of course be the best solution.

/B

tags

By the way, I hope we can get the whole group/play-off format situation sorted for next season, it was slightly annoying to have a decent performance in the first group games be for naught in the end :'(

Barmution

I think I'll go for an Undead team for season 8. Y'all better watch out for the Material Ghouls soon  ;) (if that name isn't already taken)

hakos

So there will be no elf teams in the league next season? Only hard bashing teams? Ouch, next season will be bloody.

By the way, have another friend who is interested in joining hope to have a final say from him before the weekend is over.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Just to let you know that new account "Lars" has been approved to the forums. This must be one of your mates Hakos?