Started by J-Reedy, August 28, 2012, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on August 30, 2012, 08:05:56 PM
No hurries, take your time.
Alright, I'm ready now then...
Online and waiting.

Luiggi

Goddamit, my game crashed. This client is really annoying.

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on August 30, 2012, 09:58:52 PM
Goddamit, my game crashed. This client is really annoying.
Eeh... :o

Luiggi

This couldn't have come in a most inappropriate time. I don't really know what to do, I guess I'll just sack the dead catcher but then we have the scoreline problem... any ideas? Replaying it seems to be way off, especially after my dead guy. I'll wait for your input.

Edit: remind me not to chat in-game anymore. It's always that which causes crashes :S

Edit 2: I'm back in the game in case you wanna chat.

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on August 30, 2012, 10:02:38 PM
This couldn't have come in a most inappropriate time. I don't really know what to do, I guess I'll just sack the dead catcher but then we have the scoreline problem... any ideas? Replaying it seems to be way off, especially after my dead guy. I'll wait for your input.

Edit: remind me not to chat in-game anymore. It's always that which causes crashes :S
You can say that again yes.
I truly do not know what to do about this.
My first thought is just to go along with it.

Will talk to my fellow admins about this for their input.
Tragic end indeed.

/B

hakos

Getingarna vs Chaotic Dudes is played. Match report coming tomorrow, time to sleep now.

Luiggi

Ok. In any case, going along with it sounds a bit unfair, a 4-2 wouldn't do justice to the match. I think a 2-2 result would be acceptable, and I can sack the catcher to keep him well dead. I have no problems with the dead guy (one more, one less, who cares :D) but ruining a tied game because of a crash and going along with it sounds a bit crazy to me.

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on August 30, 2012, 10:13:50 PM
Ok. In any case, going along with it sounds a bit unfair, a 4-2 wouldn't do justice to the match. I think a 2-2 result would be acceptable, and I can sack the catcher to keep him well dead. I have no problems with the dead guy (one more, one less, who cares :D) but ruining a tied game because of a crash and going along with it sounds a bit crazy to me.
True, I just feel robbed in some way anyhow.
Not on the win/lose/draw but the few spp leftover.

Luiggi

Well, as far as SPP goes, you "lost" 4 SPP (2 cas) but it could have very well been just 1 spp because the touchdown was not guaranteed (it was quite a walk to the end-zone and I still had 8 guys standing). So the possibilities are:

Go along with it: you get 11 extra SPP, a "free" win, and I'm left with 10k in the bank, an unfair loss and -5 SPP.

Adminned 2-2: you get 1 less SPP (if we considered you would not have tied the game) or 4 less SPP (if we consider you would have scored). I get equal amount of SPP and we both get cash. I sack my dead catcher.

Sounds fairer to me, I wish I hadn't crash and we could have ended the game properly, but trust me that I didn't rage quit this game (which could be a possibility considering I got smacked in 1 turn, but the damage was done and there's no way one can just get away with a dead positional in an adminned league :D).

I've lost my good share of SPP due to crashes (mine or the opposition's) in another leagues as well (maybe even this one, I can't remember) so I've been in your position before.

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on August 30, 2012, 10:35:12 PM
Well, as far as SPP goes, you "lost" 4 SPP (2 cas) but it could have very well been just 1 spp because the touchdown was not guaranteed (it was quite a walk to the end-zone and I still had 8 guys standing).
I had 2 cas yes, one on the TG, those are quite important for khemri with ag 1 or 2.
All the small spp you can get is important, and getting the upper hand I feel I would have gained some more over the last turns.
Say one and I'll lose 6spp on positional.
The TD was not in the box quite true, and less important.
Sounds quite feeble in the eyes of an elf. Thats six three passes quite easy made in two games, well not for my team.
And it's all the small parts that does it, building up the team.

So I rather play the game again instead, getting the small points is what matter.
Before I always played you again despite the odds getting hurt with my Norse vs your Orcs but it doesnt matter its the game it self that is important. I was in the lead getting disco but we played again no matter (third time it worked).

So I see two options either we play again, time wise it looks bad and that's not good as we will delay the league.
Or we keep the result.

Admin games are not my cup of tee.
/B

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on August 30, 2012, 10:35:12 PM
Adminned 2-2: you get 1 less SPP (if we considered you would not have tied the game) or 4 less SPP (if we consider you would have scored). I get equal amount of SPP and we both get cash. I sack my dead catcher.
I think the only admined draw possible is 1-1.

On an unrelated note, can someone grab a hold of Gurgeh and tell him to at least get back to me? I see from his stats that he's been logged in after I posted my match times (and PM'ed him), and it would be great if he could give me a hint of his availability this week or the next.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

As far as I'm aware, there's still a pretty huge bug that exists in the game with regards to chat. If you happen to type '%' anywhere at any time in the chat, the game crashes. Every time. I've managed to forget this myself even after I learned it :/

May apply to other weird characters as well, someone hasn't sanitized their input properly...

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on August 31, 2012, 08:28:54 AM

As far as I'm aware, there's still a pretty huge bug that exists in the game with regards to chat. If you happen to type '%' anywhere at any time in the chat, the game crashes. Every time. I've managed to forget this myself even after I learned it :/

May apply to other weird characters as well, someone hasn't sanitized their input properly...

That makes sense, I was typing "Well, it's a 75% chance to pick-up". And I've also noticed it crashing when typing other shift+number characters. I hope I remember.

So I see two options either we play again, time wise it looks bad and that's not good as we will delay the league.
Or we keep the result.

If those are the only options, I guess we'll have to play it again, though I'm leaving soon on holidays so I can play it on Saturday 19.00 to 22.00 GMT +2. Other than that we're looking at Monday 10th. I don't know it would delay the league too much or we're still on holiday schedule :D.

Again, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

hakos

On an unrelated note, can someone grab a hold of Gurgeh and tell him to at least get back to me? I see from his stats that he's been logged in after I posted my match times (and PM'ed him), and it would be great if he could give me a hint of his availability this week or the next.

Normally he is rather quick to answer and book times, don't know what is holding him up. I will make a phone call to him this evening and remind him.

/Håkan

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on August 31, 2012, 10:31:45 AM
Normally he is rather quick to answer and book times, don't know what is holding him up. I will make a phone call to him this evening and remind him.

/Håkan
Thanks mate, much appreciated!

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.