Match Day 2 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, August 28, 2012, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on August 31, 2012, 11:10:49 AM
Quote from: hakos on August 31, 2012, 10:31:45 AM
Normally he is rather quick to answer and book times, don't know what is holding him up. I will make a phone call to him this evening and remind him.

/HÃ¥kan
Thanks mate, much appreciated!

-Barm

Just got hold of Gurgeh at a party :)

Seems he just missed that the first match day was finished in only one week, he will post here tomorrow.

/hakos

Mr B

If those are the only options, I guess we'll have to play it again, though I'm leaving soon on holidays so I can play it on Saturday 19.00 to 22.00 GMT +2. Other than that we're looking at Monday 10th. I don't know it would delay the league too much or we're still on holiday schedule :D.

Again, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
NP, I think we can wait.
Cya
BR
B

Luiggi

All right then, I'll see you guys when I come back. Stay safe!

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gurgeh

Quote from: Barmution on August 28, 2012, 12:33:00 PM
Yo Gurgeh!

When do you fancing taking on my fashionable graveyard denizens?

The following start times (all GMT+2) would suit me best:
Tonight (Tuesday): 1900-2100
Thursday-Friday: 1900-2100
Sunday: 1200-1300 and 2100

-Barm

Hello, sorry about the delay. I have been doing stuff the last few nights and just came back home today.

Sunday works fine, either of the times, but I think i prefer the evening (which I guess would be 20.00 at GMT+1 where I am.)

Barmution

Nice to hear from you, G!

We'll go for a game tonight at 2100 GMT+2 then. If you're unsure of your timezone, check out http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Catch ju on ze feeld!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gurgeh

Barmution

Material Ghouls take home a rather massive 3-0 victory over the rather unlucky High Elves of White Fire who was hit by a combination of poor dice at key points and some very lucky kicks from the Undead side and finally falling victim to an unexpected interception late game to clinch the third TD. The good news is that no side suffered a single injury during the whole altercation. Rumours abound that coach Barmution will have words with his Mummies and Wights...

The Golden Arrow

Hi, Luiggi and Mr. B. I'm very sorry, but I accidently validated your game (ie the disco). The game was not reset yet so I automatically validated it when I did mine and J-Reedy's game.

Again I'm sorry, but it's an easy mistake to make :(

tags

It's been a week and I still haven't heard from Gnaarkill, is he on vacation somewhere perhaps? I should be available this week Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 1830 CET (barring unexpected delays at work), and pretty much the entire weekend.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on September 03, 2012, 07:42:59 AM
It's been a week and I still haven't heard from Gnaarkill, is he on vacation somewhere perhaps? I should be available this week Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 1830 CET (barring unexpected delays at work), and pretty much the entire weekend.

Hi Kvasilad!

Sorry for not answering you! And im sorry that i forgot to tell you guys that i was going on vacation last week. I was up in north of Sweden, climbing Swedens highest mountain, Kebnekaise! :)
But now im back, alive and kicking! :)

I can play the whole week including today from 20:30 CEST, except for tuesday.

Sorry once again for not spreading the info! I understand that you guys wants to get along with the play schedule so if you want to progress to the next week its ok for me with a WO loss against Kvasilad.

/Gnaarkill

Barmution

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on September 02, 2012, 10:45:11 PM
Hi, Luiggi and Mr. B. I'm very sorry, but I accidently validated your game (ie the disco). The game was not reset yet so I automatically validated it when I did mine and J-Reedy's game.

Again I'm sorry, but it's an easy mistake to make :(
Can't speak for the guys here, but as this is done on a volunteer basis I don't think we can expect a totally failure free administration. I can imagine that it really sucks to be on the recieving end, though, so as a rule of thumb I suggest not validating matches who haven't posted their replays to the BBManager league.

Other things to keep in mind for the players: If someone disconnects and you suspect both players will want to replay or get an adminned result anyway, you should also disconnect (ALT-F4) immediately so that the match does not get registered on the Cyanide servers. This is especially true as it is currently impossible to get back into the match, so there's really no point in waiting out those 5 minutes and the score will get tipped sometimes outrageously in favor of the non-disconnected party's favor if he/she was currently not in the lead (the 'winner' gets as many extra TDs as to bring him/her up to a 2 TD margin win). This can REALLY skew SPP distribution, so lets try to keep it to a minimum  ;)

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on September 03, 2012, 10:47:29 AM

Hi Kvasilad!

Sorry for not answering you! And im sorry that i forgot to tell you guys that i was going on vacation last week. I was up in north of Sweden, climbing Swedens highest mountain, Kebnekaise! :)

Sorry once again for not spreading the info! I understand that you guys wants to get along with the play schedule so if you want to progress to the next week its ok for me with a WO loss against Kvasilad.

/Gnaarkill

Hi there, no need for drastic measures, I think we've agreed we're still in vacation mode here! :)

If we can start Wednesday at 2100, that would be perfect for me. I'm afraid I can't play now, even though I listed today as a possible day. Thursday got booked as well, but I can still do Friday/Saturday/Sunday if push comes to shove.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on September 03, 2012, 07:57:32 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on September 03, 2012, 10:47:29 AM

Hi Kvasilad!

/Gnaarkill

Hi there, no need for drastic measures, I think we've agreed we're still in vacation mode here! :)

If we can start Wednesday at 2100, that would be perfect for me. I'm afraid I can't play now, even though I listed today as a possible day. Thursday got booked as well, but I can still do Friday/Saturday/Sunday if push comes to shove.

Cool!
Wednesday @21.00 suits me perfect aswell!
Lets aim for that.

See you on the pitch Kvasilad!

/Gnaarkill

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on September 01, 2012, 10:49:44 AM
Enjoy your trip, Luiggi! :)

Thanks, dude, I'm writing from a cyber cafe :D

Well... that pretty much ruins my season (and probably career) with this team so I'll think it through and come back at you when I get home.

It's unfortunate for the rest of the league as well since Mr. B got a sick amount of SPP and money so he'll have quite an advantage against his next rivals. Mistakes do happen anyway so I hope at least we all learn from them (I learnt not to type any more % symbols, heh).

PS: Anyway, didn't it surprise you to see a 4-2 result? When have any Khemri team scored more than 3 touchdowns?  ;D