Match Day 2 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, August 28, 2012, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on September 04, 2012, 09:21:46 PM

Well... that pretty much ruins my season (and probably career) with this team so I'll think it through and come back at you when I get home.
Sorry man, not sure a rematch would have saved your guys.
But sure, we never know, what happened in our game was not that unlikely to happen again.

It's unfortunate for the rest of the league as well since Mr. B got a sick amount of SPP and money so he'll have quite an advantage against his next rivals.
Nah, not correct man.. I gained one TG which I would have got anyway as I was 20k short.
Also I gained a skill on a skeleton, that would maybe be due to the extra points.
Not that much different at all, comparing to other "old" teams we are now more on even terms but hey it's not that major after all.
As for elfs, you will rarely play a complete game with 11 dudes fielded.
Yeh, it's a setback of course. Elf, however, can win even after matches like that so don't let this drag you down into a hopeless pit of abandon season8.

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on September 04, 2012, 10:52:33 PM
It's unfortunate for the rest of the league as well since Mr. B got a sick amount of SPP and money so he'll have quite an advantage against his next rivals.
Nah, not correct man.. I gained one TG which I would have got anyway as I was 20k short.
Also I gained a skill on a skeleton, that would maybe be due to the extra points.
Not that much different at all, comparing to other "old" teams we are now more on even terms but hey it's not that major after all.
So now you're saying that gaining 3 TDs and an extra MVP is no big deal while straight after the match when discussing a rematch you were annoyed that you would lose those 2 cas on your TGs?  ::) (Yeah, I know TGs are hard to skill up)

Not really consistent, but your point of it not making a big difference for the rest of us is true (IMHO). So while Luiggi's Elves got a major setback, I really hope he'll stay for the season. Elves can pull off ridiculous stuff and there's not many true bashy opponents left either (if I remember correctly) so let's make the best of it.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Well... that pretty much ruins my season (and probably career) with this team so I'll think it through and come back at you when I get home.

It's unfortunate for the rest of the league as well since Mr. B got a sick amount of SPP and money so he'll have quite an advantage against his next rivals. Mistakes do happen anyway so I hope at least we all learn from them (I learnt not to type any more % symbols, heh).

PS: Anyway, didn't it surprise you to see a 4-2 result? When have any Khemri team scored more than 3 touchdowns?  ;D
Well my two 1-0 losses has pretty much ruined the season for my team as well, but there will come better times...

And yeah afterwards it did surprise me but the validation was more automatic. Anyway I've had a Khemri team that won a resent league and they won a game 3-0 so I guess 4 TD:s could be possible... maybe...

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on September 05, 2012, 08:06:45 AM
So now you're saying that gaining 3 TDs and an extra MVP is no big deal while straight after the match when discussing a rematch you were annoyed that you would lose those 2 cas on your TGs?  ::) (Yeah, I know TGs are hard to skill up)
Understand me correct here.
3TD's is very good to get randomized on ag2, it really is of course.
A big change in the upcoming match, no hardly, but in the long run of course.

I'm always annoyed when a good game breaks.
Rematch was a good thing and agreed on, what I was against was a admin draw for 1-1.
I totally hate that, I want to play games and did not expect a win vs elf's.
But it was a GG as they say, maybe not from the Elf's point of view.
But really it was a good game and I could get a draw, but that is not important.
Going from fighting yourself to an 2-2 draw and change that to a admin draw really sucks bigtime.

Losing all cas etc only to get one td and a mvp, that was the core of my complaint.
So while Luiggi's Elves got a major setback, I really hope he'll stay for the season. Elves can pull off ridiculous stuff and there's not many true bashy opponents left either (if I remember correctly) so let's make the best of it.

-Barm
Agree on that one
/B

Barmution

I have no beef with it at all, Mr B. As I said it just came off as a little inconsistent as to wether the SPP mattered or not, nothing more than that. I put the smiley there to imply a little cheekyness, not to suggest that you were horribly flip-flop'ing on the issue.  ;D

Still, I stand by having to upload a match to BBManager before validating it as a precautinoray measure. It works very well for the Crunch Cup at least.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Yes I understand, no problemo dude.
It was never in my mind to actually go ahead with the 4-2 result, I saw a 1-1- draw and was quite sad about it.

tags

Match played between myself and Gnaarkill, I guess that was the last of them? I hope Luiggi stays on! It's a shame how that happened, but since there are so many rookie teams this season, maybe it's possible to come back from it after all.

Luiggi

I will play the remainder of the season, if only so that my first opponent does not get screwed up (leaving now would effectively put him at a 3 points disadvantage, which could still happen if I lose every game from now on ;D, plus the huge amount of SPP and cash his rivals would get), and in general to try not to disrupt a season so early (free recovery games suck for the ones receiving the "rested" team).

Anyway, I know elves can compete despite heavy losses (I played a league where I lost all my DE positionals in the first match and still won the competition), but it's still annoying to have SPP, points, cash and FF taken from you unfairly.

In my opinion this unfortunate event would be a reason strong enough to just walk away (not because of the SPP, the 3 points or whatever, but because of the grievance received). Still, this game's about fun so I'd like to think other coaches would react in a similar fashion and stay in the league.

Barmution

The sooner we put it behind us and keep on keeping on, the better. Always sad when it happens (I remember getting an admined loss and a draw rather unfairly in another league) but it serves little purpose to back out. Think of it as an opportunity to make a glorious comeback! Also, as the opponent you lost to, I thank you for at least giving the other guys a chance to lose horribly to you. I certainly feel that you're a good enough player to make it happen  ;D

Mr B

J-Reedy

Excerpt from Blood Bowl Gazette vol 534 issue 10, p. 32-33:

NUL match week 2 recap by Fagronkey Nagrumbundyme.

Week 2 results:

Welcome everybody to Blood Bowl Gazette's recap of the NUL match week 2! This week had everything: touchdowns, controversy, deaths and intrigue. And all that in one match! The match I'm talking about is of course the one between the Khemri team Drop Dead Gorgeous and the pro elf team Elfy Way. The match had one death, that of the elf receiver Niti and 3 touchdowns. The controversy and intrigue came from the fact that the match ended up having a total of 6 touchdowns after the match was cancelled midplay. The reason for cancellation is still unsure, there are rumours about divine intervention, drunken brawl between the referees and cheerleaders and of a twister blowing all the Khemri players away. What is sure is that the Drop Dread Gorgeous were declared 4-2 winners of the match by league officials. It is rumored that the decision was done after the officials had visited the Cougar Kittens vs Sweet Sweet Decay match and the officials were still under the influence of all the jiggling of femine bits that was seen in this match where Kittens upended the Nurgle side 1-0. Another match that ended in the 1-0 result was the bout between the human Getingarna and the chaos side Chaotic Dudes. The match was tight and exciting with both teams having trouble penetrating the opposition's defences. Getingarna finally managed to score the win that keeps this human team at the top of the standings thanks to their convincing 5 to 1 scoring ratio.

The above mentioned matches were the highest and lowest scoring matches of the week. The second highest scoring match was the 0-3 result between the wood-elven White Fire and the undead Material Ghouls. Surprisingly the side that scored the 3 touchdowns were not the agile elfsies but the dead wenches. The heroess of the game was Material Ghouls' ghoul Imelda Marrowkiss who scored two touchdowns, second coming after the first interception of the season. According to reliable sources Imelda managed the interception because the team coach yelled to Imelda that there were actually shoes inside the ball. Everybody who knows the player in question is quite famialiar with her affection to shoes so the yell must be ticked off as a brilliant tactical manouver.

If one prefers games where tactical manouvering is classified as actually aiming before hitting instead of just flaling around wildy, THE game of the week 2 of NUL was without a boubt the game between the norse Vinterlegionen and the wood-elven Partly Animals. There were a total of 21 knock downs, 3 KO's and 4 injuries in this match. The norse team naturally won the casualty race 3 to 1 but the elf team must feel satisfied as they won the game itself 2-0 and actually almost managed to match the physical play of the Vinterlegionen. The player of the match was the line-elf Tiger Woods (you might remember him from the controversy where it was claimed that Partly Animals had recruited a dark elf player; this acquisition was proved wrong, apparantly mr. Woods is not a dark elf but just an unusually tanned wood elf) who scored a touchdown, earned a casualty by braking linenorse Thorr's arm with a beautiful back swing and finally entertained the crowds by letting himself be injured by Skald-Torfuson.

Overall, the second match week continued the excellent start of the NUL season. We've only seen two weeks of play and we already have 3 permanent casualties (is anybody surprised by the fact that all of them are elfs? Thought so.) and lots of high-scoring games. We can only hope that the third week will only highten our excitement. I think that everybody's pick as the highest scoring match of the week 3 is definately the all-elf affair between the Elfy Way and Partly Animals. For the more physically inclined folks out there, the bashfest of the week could prove to be either the Drop Dead Gorgeus vs Chaotic Dudes matchup or the Material Ghouls
at the Vinterlegionen bout. Hope to see you on the stands this week, have a week!

Standings after week 2:

The Golden Arrow

Nice one :)

One of my rotters got -1 Arm as well (he got kicked :P), so no, not all elves.