Match day 3 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, September 07, 2012, 06:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on September 10, 2012, 01:18:29 PM
Hey Gnaarkill!

Seems like you were busy in the weekend, so I'll just reiterate what I said earlier in this thread:
I'm going on a vacation from Friday to Wednesday, so my last chances to play this week will be:

Tonight (Monday) at 21:00
Tuesday starting between 18:00 and 21:00
...and lastly and preferrably not
Thursday starting between 18:00 and 20:00.

Please respond if you happen to read this, even if it's just to say that the times do not fit your schedule, as it's going to be quite a tight week for me and it would be nice to be able to plan the other stuff too.

Cheers!
-Barm

Hi there Barm!

Yes, you are right, had a busy weekend with little sleep, haha! :)
Your times suits me well though. If you happen to read this today, how about tonight @ 21.00?
Otherwise tuesday is alright for me aswell @ 21:00.

See you on the pitch mate!

/Gnaarkill

Barmution

Tonight at 21:00 is pretty much ideal for me, so it's a date!

Let's see if your Norse can stand up to my very much rookie Undead (or vice versa, as it might be)... your strapping lads might just find themselves the targets of another fireball if they're not careful ;D

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on September 10, 2012, 03:55:00 PM
Tonight at 21:00 is pretty much ideal for me, so it's a date!

Let's see if your Norse can stand up to my very much rookie Undead (or vice versa, as it might be)... your strapping lads might just find themselves the targets of another fireball if they're not careful ;D

-Barm

Haha, ive told my scouting agents to keep a good look on your treacherous wizards! So that shouldnt be a problem... or maybe it will, after all, my scouts have a great taste for large stouts of mead, so keeping their eyes focused isnt the easiest of tasks, haha! :)

See you tonight Barm!

/Gnaarkill

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on September 09, 2012, 06:23:59 PM
Quote from: Mr B on September 07, 2012, 07:58:59 PM
Lasse, when shall we tango?
Weekdays only evenings 20-21 cest starting hours will be open.

/B

Hi i can play monday or wednesday from 20
Hmm I totally missed this post,
Yes I think that can be arranged.

Cya.

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on September 10, 2012, 06:11:32 PM
Quote from: Lars on September 09, 2012, 06:23:59 PM
Quote from: Mr B on September 07, 2012, 07:58:59 PM
Lasse, when shall we tango?
Weekdays only evenings 20-21 cest starting hours will be open.

/B

Hi i can play monday or wednesday from 20
Hmm I totally missed this post,
Yes I think that can be arranged.

Cya.

so shall we start the dance?

Barmution

After a freaking insane game with no less than an amazing 14(!!!) turnovers, the Material Ghouls edge out a 2-0 victory over Vinterlegionen. This victory could easily have been a draw or worse for the Ghouls after a turn of some serious blocking efficiency from Legionen, had it not been for a fumbled pick-up by Ulvar at a crucial moment. In the end it turned out a seriously bloodless match with the Norse suffering a single casualty from some hot Mummy action and one more from reckless sprinting, but nothing the doctor couldn't patch up. The Undead side suffered only 4 KO's and thus will also be fielding a healthy (apart from most of them being dead) team in their next matchup.

Thanks for the game, Gnaar, it really was an intense edge of the seat experience! Good luck further on!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on September 10, 2012, 11:11:59 PM
After a freaking insane game with no less than an amazing 14(!!!) turnovers, the Material Ghouls edge out a 2-0 victory over Vinterlegionen. This victory could easily have been a draw or worse for the Ghouls after a turn of some serious blocking efficiency from Legionen, had it not been for a fumbled pick-up by Ulvar at a crucial moment. In the end it turned out a seriously bloodless match with the Norse suffering a single casualty from some hot Mummy action and one more from reckless sprinting, but nothing the doctor couldn't patch up. The Undead side suffered only 4 KO's and thus will also be fielding a healthy (apart from most of them being dead) team in their next matchup.

Thanks for the game, Gnaar, it really was an intense edge of the seat experience! Good luck further on!

Thank you Barmution and the same to you!

Im feeling that my loosing streak will come to an end next match and then Vinterlegionen shall go on a mighty lifelong winningstreak and reign supreme in season 8!!
Wich reminds me of that i have forgot to tell my players how to score a touchdown... *notes in to do-list* :)

/Gnaar

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on September 10, 2012, 09:53:26 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on September 07, 2012, 04:37:09 PM
Luiggi, I guess you're on vacation now, but I should be able to play Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from about 1900 CET next week.... I think.

Thursday 1900 CET works for me, see you then!

Excellent! The elf-off is on :D

Mr B

Nice to hear, welcome back Elfy! :D

Luiggi

Well, the elf-off is over with the punks receiving "another beating", 3-1. The Partly Animals missed a rather risky catch early on and I could capitalize on that mistake to score my only TD, but that was pretty much all they failed, except for another gfi to score on turn 8. The second half was flawless for them, though, doing some crazy plays and getting some advantage on the kick-off events (blitz!, perfect d., extra reroll).

The equalizer, after a leap + 1d pow on my blodger + pick up 4+, hand-off 4+ really killed my spirits and the blitz! result immediately afterwards finished me off with the 2-1 after he went all out offensive and I missed a 3+ catch to virtually score (he pushed forward so much that he created a huge opening where I placed a cage and readied a hand-off).

Last "playable" drive was a 7 vs 10 with a rather fragile set-up I tried to exploit, but he got a Perfect Defence and fixed that. I had a last reroll for the desperate play (pick up 3+, pass 4+, catch 3+) but I had to clear some space first... getting a both down/skull, reroll skull/skull did not help. I would still have a chance if he hadn't stunned my thrower and pow'd my blodger, giving me 0 chances to score (well, I could have dodged 5 times, gfi 2 times, then play a long bomb at 5+ avoiding interception... all I got was a 1 in the first roll XD).

As a last note, the referee also had part in this game, spotting my two gang-fouls on his lvl 2 WD, the first one with a double 1 on the armor roll and the second one with a double 6. No KO or injury though.... He also spotted my last hatred-induced foul on a lineman which resulted in a third sent off and another useless foul (he was already stunned from an Enraged fan rock anyway :D).

The only bad news for the wood elves was the death of a rookie lineman, but I guess those 80k winnings made up for it. MVP going to a loner didn't help him either. Good game, kvas, I'm not sure you should invest on a third reroll after seeing this game, though! :D :D :D

PS: 78% success on blocking dice and 0 turnovers, that was some quality blocking right there for the woodies, especially considering only 2 of them had block. My 54% was probably due to my focus on removing the strip-ball wardancer from the pitch, but she just took the beating all right and was only stunned once. I wonder if I should have gone lineman-hunting instead...

J-Reedy

Excerpt from Blood Bowl Gazette vol 534 issue 11, p. 29-30:

NUL match week 3 recap by Fagronkey Nagrumbundyme.

Standings after week 3:

Welcome ya'all to NUL week 3 recap! Third of the season is now behind us so it's time to take a closer look at the standings. The most notable thing is that no team is running away. There are two teams without any losses - the wood elf team Partly Animals and the Khemri team Drop Dead Gorgeous - but both of them have played one tie game so they have not gotten away the pack of three teams with two wins - the undead Material Ghouls, the human Getingarna and the Amazon Cougar Kittens. The playoff-race is also still open, as only two teams get cut-off from the big eight games and the difference between the 8. and 10. place teams is only 1 point.

Week 3 results:

As to the week 3 results, some of the wisest analysists out there - like yours truly - speculated that the highest scoring game would be the all-elven Elfy Way vs The Partly Animals. The speculations proved to be true as The Partly Animals took home a 1 to 3 win. Reports from the game tell that The Partly Animals were truly on fire! Not literally of course, you should remember that the old oil in a sleeve and a matchstick on palm trick was banned after the big forest fires of '75. The reason for the ban was that the fires were caused by all those flaming treemen running from the Blood Bowl fields to forests ponds. But anyways, The Partly Animals had a very effective game while the Elfy Way were a bit hampered by their losses in the previous games. But at least the Elfy Way proved themselves as the tougher of the two elf teams by taking out the line-wood-elf Croco Dylan.

Mr. Dylan's entertaining neck-twist was the only death of the week which has caused some rumbling as to the softness of the league. The team taking the brunt of these complaints are the Amazon Cougar Kittens. They did succeed in beating the high-elf team White Fire in touchdowns 1 to 2 with a last second TD. But the team that took care of the on-the-field beating were the White Fire who scored a casualty and four KO's. Puny numbers one might say, but at least they scored infininately more casualties than the amazon team has scored this season. Cougar Kittens have 0, read it - zero! - casualties and only 4 - yes, only four - KO's in three matches! It truly seems that those amazon wenches have as soft tactics as their breast "paddings".

Luckily there still are teams in NUL that are capable of some physical play. No surprise that the three undead teams share the top spot as the most violent teams. All the undead teams also scored some points this week. Nurgle side Sweet Sweet Decay got their first win by edging out a 0 to 1 victory over the human Getingarna. Interestingly, all the games of the SSD have ended 1-0. For the Getingarna this was their first loss, the human team and their all-around capabilities are proving to be very competitive force this season. The other undead team that scored a win were the undead Material Ghouls. They got a 0 to 2 win over the norse Vinterlegionen. According to reports this game was much tighter affair than the score shows. The Vinterlegionen dominated the physical play and knocked their live-challenged opponents around seemingly at will. Unfortunately for the norse, the undeads didn't loose any important body parts when they were knocked down - Vinterlegionen scored only KO's from their 12 knockdowns. Could it truly be that NUL is getting soft this season? Well, if we look at the results from the third undead match, the answer might sadly be yes. Only 1 casualty was scored in the matchup between the Drop Dead Gorgeous and the chaos team Chaotic Dudes. DDG scored the lone casualty and as both teams managed a TD, the result was a one all draw.

As it could be expected the crowd reactions to this casualty-lacking week was forceful. Only two matches scored over 15 in crowd pleasement ratings. The all-elf TD-fest led the rankings with a rating of 17. Mysteriously the second most popular matchup was the one between the Cougar Kittens and White Fire with a rating of 15. Must be all that jiggling and the last minute TD. Kittens and White Fire also attracted second most spectators, 19.000 of them However, the highest attendance numbers - 22.000 eager fans - were recorded in the Drop Dead Gorgeous' home match against the Chaotic Dudes. It is not known if this number includes the number of residents from the graveyard where the DDG play their games.

Well, we have the week 4 ahead of us and we can only hope that we can get some true blood-bowling instead of this technical scoring, throwing and dodging stuff that we saw this week. The most promising bash-fest could be the Chaotic Dudes vs Sweet Sweet Decay matchup. Material Ghouls also have fine opportunity to get some fine casualty numbers as they get a visit from the soft Cougar Kittens. As to touchdown scoring, there's another all elf game as the White Fire visit The Partly Animals. Elfy Way vs Getingarna could be another high-scoring affair. Block-fest of the week will surely be the Drop Dead Gorgeus vs Vinterlegionen as both of these races prefer physical play. I hope you still have enough interest to get into the stands this week.

tags

Thanks for the game, Luiggi, it was a pretty crazy one. I played extremely risky all the way through, which is sort of what I'm starting to feel is the best way to play these guys. Sure I'll mess up a few drives, but I get the chance to capitalize quickly on any openings. The first half did not go well for me, and I missed most of the rolls I needed to make, having burnt 2/2 team rerolls in turn 2. Granted, one of those was a needless short pass I was eager to make to get my lino to 6spp, but even with the team re-roll spent, he missed that :/

Really did not think I could come back from that first half, especially since I had chosen to receive first, but Nuffle sure seemed to come around to my side in the second half. It should be noted that the leap + 1d block + pick-up + hand-off was not as far-out as it may sound. Sure, it was crazy lucky to get the pow, but with strip ball on the wardancer, I basically had a 5/6 chance to get that ball out, which was all I needed.

According to BBM stats, I had 15/43 POW dice throughout the game, which is pretty insane. And yup, I got a few good events for sure, but I also got one quick-snap against me which actually mattered. The enraged fans against me wasn't important, of course.

At the end of the game, I still hadn't used my one apothecary, but those dancers are just way too precious to spend apo on a dead 0 spp lino :)

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on September 14, 2012, 08:58:23 AM
It should be noted that the leap + 1d block + pick-up + hand-off was not as far-out as it may sound. Sure, it was crazy lucky to get the pow, but with strip ball on the wardancer, I basically had a 5/6 chance to get that ball out, which was all I needed.

Just a detail (not really important, but just a slight correction), it was a 4/6 (both down would not knock the ball loose)  and had the result not been a POW, I would have sidestepped to the other side of the cage and closer to the end zone. So it was basically a 1/6 chance + the bounce :D However, it was my mistake because I should have sidestepped the other way even though he got knocked down, because the bounce would have probably ended way too far from your over-commited frontline.

QuoteBut anyways, The Partly Animals had a very effective game while the Elfy Way were a bit hampered by their losses in the previous games.

For the record, I only "lost" one game prior to this one, not without its share of controversy :P. Gotta be hard to keep track of all the teams though, so keep up the good job and great writing, it's quite enjoyable ;).