Match day 4 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, September 14, 2012, 09:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

And the week 4 gets started ahead of time, nice going everyone!

The deadline for week 4 will be Monday 24th before noon so basically try to get your games played on Sunday the 23rd at the latest.

Week 3 review has also been posted at the end of the week 3 match thread:
http://norscaleague.com/index.php?topic=371.msg3296

J-Reedy

All righty Barm, time to see which one of us has the more lively girls. And hopefully none of my gals decide to jump teams mid-play...

I'm away for the weekend, so the earliest I can play is Tuesday. Here are my OK starting times (CEST):
Tuesday 18-21
Wednesday 18-21
Thursday 18-20

Let me know if any of these suits you, sir. Not sure about the next week's weekend yet, so let's see if we need those times.

hakos

Hello Luiggi.

As you might have noticed I live in shangai right now which means my timezone is GMT+8.

I have tested that I can connect to the BB server but my internet seems to be rather slow, will be interesting too see how this will affect the playability...

On weekdays I can play between 18-22 my time (12-16 swedish time)
On weekends I can play more or less any time, except that I'm busy this sunday 11-14 my time (5-8 swedish time).

Hope we can find a time.

/HÃ¥kan

tags

Gurgeh, it would be great for me to play sometime this weekend if possible. I'm basically available from about 1800 CET today and all other reasonable CET times Saturday and Sunday. I'm slightly ill, so I'll probably just stay in for a few days.

Next week is looking pretty busy, but I can probably play on Wednesday from about 1800 CET.

The Golden Arrow

Ok Lasse time for our chaotic showdown. I can play most weekdays next week (not Monday or Tuesday). Not sure about the weekend yet.

Mr B

Mr Gnaar...

Evenings ~2100ish is the predicted start for games vs the DDG!
Cheers!
/B

Gurgeh

Quote from: kvasilad on September 14, 2012, 11:20:02 AM
Gurgeh, it would be great for me to play sometime this weekend if possible. I'm basically available from about 1800 CET today and all other reasonable CET times Saturday and Sunday. I'm slightly ill, so I'll probably just stay in for a few days.

Next week is looking pretty busy, but I can probably play on Wednesday from about 1800 CET.

I can play just about any time this weekend. But I prefer the afternoon.

tags

Quote from: Gurgeh on September 14, 2012, 08:52:17 PM

Sounds good, what about 1600 CET tomorrow (Saturday) then? Feel free to suggest another time if it's better for you :)

Gurgeh

Quote from: kvasilad on September 14, 2012, 08:57:27 PM
Quote from: Gurgeh on September 14, 2012, 08:52:17 PM

That is fine.

Sounds good, what about 1600 CET tomorrow (Saturday) then? Feel free to suggest another time if it's better for you :)

That is fine.

tags

Bah... gonna need some admin advice here. We started getting net synch errors in turn 9, and it ended up in a complete desynch.

Situation was that I had 1 dead lino, 1 serious concussion and 1 badly hurt, so I was down to 8 elves at half-time. He had 1 elf KO'd, but has a roster of 12, so he fielded 11. The score was 1-1, and I had just received but fumbled the ball around the LoS when the net desynch happened.

Personally, I think I would want a rematch, but obviously I'm not too happy about my dugout situation, so I might be biased.

Gurgeh

I have no idea how to handle it. But i really don't like to re-start a match that has gone on for so long, specially when I think I'm ahead. I'm just going to get annoyed that things are worse than the first time.

tags

I understand that, I'm definitely not up for re-starting right away either. Tomorrow would be good, though.

I agree that the odds were in your favour, but not overwhelmingly so. I think 2-2 could still have been a plausible result. Let's hear what the others have to say, and decide later.

Mr B

Sounds like a re-match to me.
Not much else'o do in this matters when clients breaks down every now and then.  :-[

As we are not in stressful environment lets make admin draw/win a minimum..
And due to this, just to be on the safe side always take a screen shot when having a disco or sync failures etc.

Any objections?
I'll head of and reset the match later this evening when reading outcome of this.

Cheers!
/B

tags

I did not take screenshots, but we did manage to chat after the first net synch warning appeared, so I don't think that's a point of contention here. Will keep that in mind for the future, though.

I'm happy to attempt a re-match tomorrow at the same time, for example (1600 CET), but can do other times as well.

I can't be objective in this, but I agree that a re-match is the most fair arrangement here. It is of course more beneficial for me than it is for Gurgeh because of the casulties, but I don't think that can be helped. I would feel an admin win against me would be very unfair, especially as I would probably have made another touchdown with the SPP that comes with it in that game (and probably gotten 1-2 more against).

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on September 14, 2012, 09:08:26 AM
All righty Barm, time to see which one of us has the more lively girls. And hopefully none of my gals decide to jump teams mid-play...

I'm away for the weekend, so the earliest I can play is Tuesday. Here are my OK starting times (CEST):
Tuesday 18-21
Wednesday 18-21
Thursday 18-20

Let me know if any of these suits you, sir. Not sure about the next week's weekend yet, so let's see if we need those times.
I'm not home from Italy until Thursday, so let's say Thursday at 19.00?

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.