Match Day 5 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, September 23, 2012, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Match played, and it was an intensive one.

Barmution: Can you upload to the BBmanager?

I have vacation tomorrow, so there might be a match report coming in the near future...

Barmution

Well, that was pretty much the definition of a hard fought draw, Hakos!

I was really happy to be able to draw that one as you had me outmanned for the most of the second half. Frickin' mercenary ran away with the MVP, tho, so I gained a massive 5 SPP from the match... This team REALLY don't want to cause any damage on blocks. A single KO and a cas on turn 16 makes it feel like I'm playing an AG team that sucks at ball handling and dodging at the moment  >:(

Game uploaded and awaiting validation.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: Mr B on September 28, 2012, 08:29:27 PM
Np, we grab Sunday then cheers.

So what time is good for you? I can do 2030 today, if that's still about right.

Mr B

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on September 30, 2012, 02:28:50 PM
Game uploaded and awaiting validation.
-Barm

Validated, so go ahead and check your skill rolls! Looks like Barm got one for the mummy Grim Cashdarian and Hakos one for mighty-blowing blitzer and one for rookie lineman.

tags

Quote from: Mr B on September 30, 2012, 04:20:36 PM
Or now, if possible?

I can play now :)

I'm logging in now to look for you, will hang around a bit.

J-Reedy

Excerpt from Blood Bowl Gazette vol 534 issue 15, p. 24:

NUL match week 5 recap by Fagronkey Nagrumbundyme.

Standings after week 5:

Welcome ya'all to NUL week 5 recap! No TD records this week that proved to be very uniform. First sign of this uniformity were the two 1-1 draws. The first pair of teams that didnt manage to decide which one of them was superior were the amazon Cougar Kittens and the pro elf Elfy Way. All the reports agree that this match was very exciting and the draw was decided only on the last minutes of the second half! Cougar Kittens continued their passive-aggressive play scoring only 1 casualty even though they dominated the physical play. The elfs concentrated on making very effective precision strikes which is of course the elfy way, but even with this strategy they managed to score one more casualty than the amazons thus winning the casualty race 2 to 1. It should be noted that the elfs were also quite hampered by very un-elf-like dodging during the first half, but luckily none of the failed breakaways were extremely critical.

The second match with the 1 all result was the game between the undead Material Ghouls and the vanilla human team Getingarna. This match had the same casualty numbers as the other tie game, 1 casualty for the undead and 2 for the humans. The undead naturally shook off the casualties but the Getingarna will miss their blitzer Marquis Sigric next week but he suffered no permanent damage. Another sign of the uniformity, this game was also decided almost at the last minutes of the second half when the Material Ghouls managed to tie the game. The difference to the Kittens-Elfy game was that in this match the first half was scoreless with both teams failing to get hold or keep the ball longer than fraction of a second. On the second half the Getingarna scored from their attack but the Material Ghouls managed to tie after a mysterious fireball opened a running route for their ghoul Imelda Marrowkiss.

And to continue with the theme of uniformity, the other three matches had the same end result, 2-0. First team to get the 2-0 win this week were the Nurgle team Sweet Sweet Decay that upended the high elf team White Fire. SSD dominated physically and it seems that their foul odor also managed to hinder the normally agile elfs from performing their miraculous agility plays. White Fire also got some positive out of the matchup as they finally got enough cash to hire a new catcher and they didnt lose any players from their next week matchup. Im looking the White Fire roster right now and I can see that this team now has potential to upset or dominate any team in this league with their quickness. SSD has also developed nicely so I wouldnt be surprised if we start seeing more of this kind of 2 touchdown games from this team instead of the 1-0 losing or winning results that we got from this Nurgle side at the start of the season.

In the second of the 2-0 matches the wood-elf The Partly Animals hosted the Khemri Drop Dead Gorgeous. The league leading Khemri side proved to be rude visitors by taking home the win even though the wood-elfs surprisingly dominated the casualty race by winning the casualties 3 to 1. But that didn't mean that DDG lacked physicality, they might've not scored casualties but they KO'd 4 elfs during the match. Looking at the rosters, The Partly Animals have an emerging wardancer star on their hands and lot of elfs seem to have gotten more skilled dodgers, so the team is getting tougher and tougher to bring down. Khemri on the other hand have started their player progress as all the undead teams tend to do: slowly but surely. At the moment there's no clear star material in sight yet with the DDG but that could change fast with a few more casualties.

In the last match played this week the chaos side Chaotic Dudes got a northern visitor, the norse Vinterlegionen. In this match the visitors proved to more well-manered as the Chaotic Dudes got to keep the win home. The win seemed to be the result of the convincingly tough physical play from the chaos team: they only scored 1 casualty but caused a whopping 6 KOs. Also, the total number of KOs suffered by the Vinterlegionen was 11, so either the norse had slippery feet and soft heads or the Chaotic Dudes got excellent support from their home crowd. The chaos side was also more efficient with their solo casualty: Vinterlegionen will be missing their werewolf Rimner in their next match. The Norse side has probably the most experienced player material but they have some niggling injuries and they haven't expanded their roster from 12 players so they are very prone to early game injuries. On the chaos side the beastmen seem to carrying the team and the chaos warriors are there just for moral and strength support.

The theme for the week 6 looks to be elfs versus the chaotic undead as White Fire host the Drop Dead Gorgeous and SSD get a visit from the Elfy Way and Material Ghouls from The Partly Animals. These kind of physical vs. agility games are always hard to predict; if the physical team gets the early man advantage, the agile sides will have a tough day ahead of them. But on the other hand, if the agile team manages to keep their players intact, the physical teams rarely have enough skills or chances to cover all of the fast movers and agile dodgers. Other two match pairings are the Cougar Kittens versus the Chaotic Dudes and the Getingarna versus the Vinterlegionen. The human vs. norse team matchup should be interesting as both players have a dominant muscle player on their roster. So lots could be decided on the effectiveness of the norse werewolf Ylar on the Vinterlegionen side and the hitting accuracy of the ogre Mar Skin-Tearer on the Getingarna side. The amazon vs chaos matchup is a mystery. Amazon sides can match the physicality of the chaos if they want to but the Kittens have really not shown any signs of physical prowess this season. Keep reading next week for the results!

Here's the summary of the results from the week 5:

Mr B

Nice and extremely quick recap, Thanks J-R ;D

Barmution

Yay, another great recap! Nice work, J!

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Yes, a very nice summary, I wonder how you got so accurate data of our match, it's almost as if you were visiting the stadium as part of the crowd...

Or maybe it was you who throwed that bad fireball?

/Hakos