Match Day 6 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, October 01, 2012, 04:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

The Material Ghouls strike back with a fantastic hitting game, but forgets to run that last square to make it a 2-1 victory (played with Skype active and Kvasi's icon hovered right over my turn timer :P) and has to settle for a 1-1 draw and a course in basic maths. Thanks for a fun game, Kvasilad!

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gurgeh

Luiggi

Quote from: Luiggi on October 02, 2012, 01:14:01 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on October 01, 2012, 09:46:09 AM
Hi Luiggi,

I'm away the whole weekend including friday, so we'll need to do our game before then. I am busy tuesday, but could probably do monday, wednesday or thursday night.

This week can be tricky for me as well because I am moving to a new apartment. Internet "should" be up and running by Wednesday but I do not trust my ISP that much... I'll keep you posted, but we should be able to play on Thuraday night (hopefully the router will be easy to configure and ports will pose no problems).

It appears that the ISP delivered and I could connect. My only concern now will be the port forwarding, I have done it in the router configuration but I still don't know if the Blood Bowl client will work all right.

Anyway, I can play on Thursday between 18.00 and 22.00 GMT +2, I think that will fit you nicely.

Mr B

PortForwarding helps sometimes.. sometimes it does nothing.. more or less the case for me.
Try to put your BB-Unit (u'r PC) as a DMZ setting for your router always helps me when everything else fails.

Good luck!
/B

tags

Quote from: Barmution on October 02, 2012, 07:48:00 PM
The Material Ghouls strike back with a fantastic hitting game, but forgets to run that last square to make it a 2-1 victory (played with Skype active and Kvasi's icon hovered right over my turn timer :P) and has to settle for a 1-1 draw and a course in basic maths. Thanks for a fun game, Kvasilad!

-Barm

Thanks for the game! After a miserable start (from my perspective at least :D), I got a few lucky breaks to secure the equalizer, and then Skype stopped the final rush where my defensive line could not ::)

I need to start being more careful with my elves, though, as I now have the dubious honour of having 4/7 entries in the graveyard, as well as 3/3 of the best punching bags. Currently able to field 7 out of 11 players for my next outing, I'm going to need those winnings to fill out my roster some :)

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Luiggi on October 02, 2012, 09:32:37 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on October 02, 2012, 01:14:01 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on October 01, 2012, 09:46:09 AM
Hi Luiggi,

I'm away the whole weekend including friday, so we'll need to do our game before then. I am busy tuesday, but could probably do monday, wednesday or thursday night.

This week can be tricky for me as well because I am moving to a new apartment. Internet "should" be up and running by Wednesday but I do not trust my ISP that much... I'll keep you posted, but we should be able to play on Thuraday night (hopefully the router will be easy to configure and ports will pose no problems).

It appears that the ISP delivered and I could connect. My only concern now will be the port forwarding, I have done it in the router configuration but I still don't know if the Blood Bowl client will work all right.

Anyway, I can play on Thursday between 18.00 and 22.00 GMT +2, I think that will fit you nicely.

Yep, how about starting 20.00 (CET) on Thursday?

Luiggi

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on October 02, 2012, 04:33:11 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on October 02, 2012, 03:09:03 PM
Times between 08:00-17:00 are for me pretty hard to manage since im at work between those times.
How about 17:30 on thursday?

If thats not possible maybe we can play during the weekend?

/Gnaarkill

17:30 for you means 23:30 for me so it is a little late and I see that only as a last resort. I would definitely prefer to play during the weekend instead...

/Hakos

No problem Hakos!

Weekend suits me aswell. Wich day do you prefer and on what time? I can manage any time on the weekend.
/Gnaar

hakos

Quote from: Gnaarkill on October 03, 2012, 11:24:00 AM
Times between 08:00-17:00 are for me pretty hard to manage since im at work between those times.

/Gnaarkill

17:30 for you means 23:30 for me so it is a little late and I see that only as a last resort. I would definitely prefer to play during the weekend instead...

/Hakos

No problem Hakos!

Weekend suits me aswell. Wich day do you prefer and on what time? I can manage any time on the weekend.
/Gnaar

Then I think we should go for saturday as first plan and have sunday in reserve.

18:00 my time would be perfect for me. That would mean 12:00 GMT+2. Would that be suitable for you?

/Hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on October 03, 2012, 01:33:57 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on October 03, 2012, 11:24:00 AM

/Gnaarkill

/Hakos

No problem Hakos!

/Gnaar

Then I think we should go for saturday as first plan and have sunday in reserve.

18:00 my time would be perfect for me. That would mean 12:00 GMT+2. Would that be suitable for you?

/Hakos

Ok great, yea that suits me well!

So, let us aim our mighty clash for Saturday @12.00 GMT+2.

See you on the pitch mate! :)

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Just a short note about the Cougar Kittens - Chaotic Dudes game, proper match report will follow later (within a week or so). Lars had lousy dice day, on his first turn I counted eight ones/skulls, the turn ended with double skulls rerolled into double skulls. The dice didn't get any better until late in game and meanwhile I enjoyed trouble free game. 2-0 for Kittens. Violent game, both teams lost one player to deathly blocks. Chaos tried to use the doctor on the dead but the doctor proved to be mortician. Kittens had used their doctor on the strength loss of a linegal with a guard, so another linegal (no skills, but would've gotten a roll after the match) bit the dust.

Also, I feel for anyone who still hasn't played against Lars. His minotaur got his first skill, so now there's a mighty blow'in and clawing minotaur out there....

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on October 04, 2012, 08:30:56 PM
Also, I feel for anyone who still hasn't played against Lars. His minotaur got his first skill, so now there's a mighty blow'in and clawing minotaur out there....

Hah! Luckily I'm immune to claw! :P

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on October 04, 2012, 08:30:56 PMHis minotaur got his first skill, so now there's a mighty blow'in and clawing minotaur freaking foul magnet out there....
There, fixed it for ya  ;)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

My last game vs Sweet, Sweet Decay has been the worse I have played in ages, a boring 0-0 draw. At least he got 6 SPP, but I get nothing. Zero. Not even cash (a mere 20k). Oh, yes, I know what I got. A dead thrower that hogged up the MVP award. So much for the "elves are weak but at least they can get easy SPP".

I should have gone for the 3+ 4+ 2+ play, though... You were right, TGA :P

The Golden Arrow

I don't think it was that boring. There were a lot of tacticaly plays and both sides got relatively close to scoring. It was sad that we didn't get any TD:s, but the game involved lots of interesting positioning with both of us having lots of denial (you with dodge/side step and me with DP and more strength). I find these intense games to be more fun (even better if you win of course :P), than if one player flies away with touch downs or injuries.

The fact that you didn't get any money and that you're killed player got the MVP really suck really bad though :(. I got 11 SPP and a good amount of money at least even if no players skilled up.