Chaos edition

Started by The Golden Arrow, October 08, 2012, 10:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

OK so chaos edition comes out this week. What do you guys think about it? I am about hesitant about the new khorne team but we'll see I guess. Have any of you guys seen the rules for them? Chaos dwarves and underworld are great additions though and fun teams.

The main thing we need to discuss is of course how to incorporate this into the league and when to do this.

Lets hope they fix some of three bugs as well, but I'm not too optimistic...

J-Reedy

Oh yeah, I already forgot this was coming out. Looks like they've confirmed that Legendary Edition (LE) and Chaos Edition will be compatible (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1258&start=80#p20060). So it probably could be technically possible to play with both LE and CE players but one never knows... We've had enough bugs with previous versions so I won't anticipate this version working without problems either - not from the start anyways.

I'll probably get the CE if the price is not too steep although none of the new teams are my favourites. Just have to wait and see if I dare to install the new version before the current season ends.

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on October 08, 2012, 10:50:56 AM
I'll probably get the CE if the price is not too steep although none of the new teams are my favourites. Just have to wait and see if I dare to install the new version before the current season ends.
10 euro on steam when you already own Legendary Edition and I think they are offering the same low price on upgrade on their main page, so check it out. Shouldn't bust anybody's bankroll (I hope). I also agree that I'm a bit sceptical on wether to install the new version before we are at season's end but with some luck it should be possible to install CE as an entirely separate application and log in with the same player key. Although you never know with Cyanide :P

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

First of all, I'd say let's play out season 8 with as few changes as possible. If CE is released and is fully compatible with LE, then I guess that's not going to be a problem, but I think I'd hold back on installing it until this season's over, or at least check out forum reactions on compatibility first.

I think everybody will jump on CE in the long run anyway (right?), so I say let's go for Season 9 with CE enabled. I don't think the Khorne team looks overpowered, there's a good discussion on the roster over at bbtactics. For my money, I'm more afraid of the Chaos Dwarves, really...

Anyway, I'd say season 9 with all teams in CE, and if the consensus is that one or more rosters are overpowered, consider banning them from s10.

The Golden Arrow

Can you give me a link to the rules for the khorne team (for someone who doensn't visit the official forums...)?

tags

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on October 08, 2012, 04:32:42 PM
Can you give me a link to the rules for the khorne team (for someone who doensn't visit the official forums...)?

Well, as I said, I find this thread more informative, but I think there's a link to the official statement somewhere in there as well. Anyway, the first post lists all the team rules:
http://bbtactics.com/forums/daemons-khorne-roster-t1981/

tags

Apparently, we need to be careful with CE, as it's not yet BBM-compatible:

http://bbtactics.com/forums/urgent-all-crunch-cup-coaches-t2022/

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on October 11, 2012, 07:27:29 AM
Apparently, we need to be careful with CE, as it's not yet BBM-compatible:

http://bbtactics.com/forums/urgent-all-crunch-cup-coaches-t2022/
Yupp, just downloaded the patch and it worked on the first try  :o
Everything seams like normal.

That said I'll skip the Chaos edition for now.
Do not want to put more money into this at the moment.

But from my point of view, next season if it works, software wise, it's should be ok to introduce the new teams I'd guess.

The problem with BB-m, that is another sw done on private hours without economical interest (me thinks). So when will that be fixed... No clue.
But as it is working quite good with LE I think it could be arranged to Chaos mode quite fast, BUT who knows if the free time is there.
I still do not think that should hinder any progress in this league giving an OK for Chaos.

/B

Barmution

True, mr B. If it comes down to additional teams vs using BBManager, I side with additional teams.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Seems like there is a workaround for CE as well, you can apparently copy your CE replays into your LE folder and re-run them to get the correct BBM info. A bit cumbersome, but works as a stop-gap solution for the time being.

I've already bought CE, but seems like LE and CE can co-exist quite happily. For once, they've actually remembered the discount for us Steam-users as well, so got it for 10 euro. That is frankly less than I pay for a pint of good beer in Oslo, so seemed like a no-brainer to me :)

The Golden Arrow

Yeah I've got it too now, but haven't installed it yet. I really think we should play with it next league.

Gnaarkill

Same for me, also got the CE now. Got it at the steam sale for 10 euro =)
Havent installed it yet though, but im excited to try it out in the next season :)

The Golden Arrow

Also, BB-manager should work with CE now after the update.