Match Day 9 - Matches

Started by The Golden Arrow, October 21, 2012, 02:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

How do you feel about a Monday evening game?
20CEST?
Else we take it tomorrow.
Will 21 CEST do on a Sunday, if we cannot manage Monday?

Cheers!
/B

hakos

Quote from: Mr B on October 27, 2012, 08:48:01 PM
20CEST?

Cheers!
/B

Hmm, CEST = GMT+1, right? My time is GMT+8. So 20 or 21 CEST is equal to 3 or 4 in the night for me, i.e. not that good.

As of today, sunday, I can play from now and up until a start at around 22:00 my time, which would mean a latest start in 15:00 CEST, but I would definitely prefer to start earlier than that...

If we play on a weekday, it get much harder to find a time. I usually get home from work at 17 or 18 my time, which equals 10 or 11 CEST. And since my latest start time would be 15:00 CEST we will not have that much time in common... If we start at 22:00 CEST, that would mean 05:00 my time...

I might be able to strecth some of my times but I do not know which day since I would need to synchronize with a day on work that has no meetings so I can either leave early or, more probably, get to work late.

/hakos

Luiggi

Quote from: Gurgeh on October 24, 2012, 11:21:18 PM
Sorry Luiggi, I must have checked the forum just before this thread was posted, and since then i have been busy. I am going to a wedding this weekend, so the first time I'm able to play is sunday evening. If that doesn't work, I will be able to play monday or tuesday evening. (CET)

Tonight at 22.00 gmt +1 is ok for you? There's a soccer match I wanna watch that ends at 21.45, but if that is too late for you I can always turn on the radio... :P In that case we could start from 19.30 on.

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on October 28, 2012, 03:56:57 AM
20CEST?

Cheers!
/B

Hmm, CEST = GMT+1, right? My time is GMT+8. So 20 or 21 CEST is equal to 3 or 4 in the night for me, i.e. not that good.

As of today, sunday, I can play from now and up until a start at around 22:00 my time, which would mean a latest start in 15:00 CEST, but I would definitely prefer to start earlier than that...

If we play on a weekday, it get much harder to find a time. I usually get home from work at 17 or 18 my time, which equals 10 or 11 CEST. And since my latest start time would be 15:00 CEST we will not have that much time in common... If we start at 22:00 CEST, that would mean 05:00 my time...

I might be able to strecth some of my times but I do not know which day since I would need to synchronize with a day on work that has no meetings so I can either leave early or, more probably, get to work late.

/hakos
Crap Crap Crap, I totally missed that..
We got visitors that was not planed but they are always welcome so, that why I have been a bit off.
So to day we cannot make it I'd guess?
/B

hakos

Quote from: Mr B on October 28, 2012, 02:43:37 PM
Quote from: hakos on October 28, 2012, 03:56:57 AM
20CEST?

Cheers!
/B

/hakos
Crap Crap Crap, I totally missed that..
We got visitors that was not planed but they are always welcome so, that why I have been a bit off.
So to day we cannot make it I'd guess?
/B

Seems we missed each other very closely, I checked here 21:30 my time and gave up at that time, and now, 22:55 my time I checked just out of curiosity before going to bed. I think you wrote your answer just ~10 minutes after my last check. :( I could play now, eventhough it is quite late but you will probably not check here again in short enough of a time :(

It might be possible to play on a weekday if one of us can change working times a bit. I might be able to do that if I get some forewarning.

Mr B

Lets do it correctly this time  ;D
Check if you have any openings in the daily schedule, then we can try that.
Otherwise I'd guess we wait until next weekend.
As I had nothing planed for this weekend I more or less did not plan ahead because I knew we would have no trouble getting a game... and then we got this company enriched life but messed up with NUL-plans.

Cheers!
/B

Luiggi

Just wondering, since you're talking about leaving this for next weekend, does that mean the week is extended? Because I still have had no word from Gurgeh and in case we can't play it today, it might be good to know we still have more options.

PS: I still trust he'll show up tonight even though he hasn't confirmed an exact time :D

Gurgeh

Now I am back from the wedding I attended. I can play this evening. But I would prefer to play tomorrow or tuesday evening, since I will most likely be less tired then. I leave the decision up to you.

Luiggi

Ok, I don't really care but I don't have many options for Monday or Tuesday. Feel free to choose (I know you told me it was up to me but I don't really care, besides you know how tired you are or how much you feel like playing now).

Tonight (Sunday): I'd prefer at 22.00 (in 3 hours 30 minutes), but if that's too late for you, we can start at 19.30 (maybe earlier if I finish some homework fast enough).
Monday: 21.00 to 22.00.
Tuesday: 17.30 to 18.00.

After that, it's a local holiday so I'd struggle to get the game played (I'll be away from home for a few days), though Saturday/Sunday would probably work. Only in case, of course, that the admins let us play it so late :D

Gurgeh

In that case, I prefer monday 21.00 CET. At 22.00 tonight I think I will be asleep. ;)

Luiggi

Perfect, sleep tight :P See you tomorrow at 21.00 CET.

hakos

Hi.

It seems my wednesday and friday are quite free before lunch, which means I can get late to work. Which means I might be able to play late on tuesday or thursday night. Basically I could extend my starting time to 24:00 (17:00 swedish time) on tuesday or thursday.

So if you can get home early on one of these days it could work out, the earlier, the better...

I guess friday evening is an option as well since I can sleep on saturday but I would prefer to play on saturday instead in that case.

Otherwise it will have to wait until weekend.

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on October 29, 2012, 04:36:31 AM
Hi.

It seems my wednesday and friday are quite free before lunch, which means I can get late to work. Which means I might be able to play late on tuesday or thursday night. Basically I could extend my starting time to 24:00 (17:00 swedish time) on tuesday or thursday.

So if you can get home early on one of these days it could work out, the earlier, the better...

I guess friday evening is an option as well since I can sleep on saturday but I would prefer to play on saturday instead in that case.

/hakos
Would have worked on Tuesday a normal week, this week my wife and me celebrate her birthday eating out for once.
Thursday could work however.
I'll try to get home as early as possible.
Cya then mate, thanks for the opening in your schedule.

Cheers!
/B

Luiggi

The high elves beat the pro elves in a rather unbalanced match, injury-wise. I guess starting the game with a double skull (and it's not the first one) is always a bad omen.

I'll make it short: my players decided they'd get injured pretty easily, while theirs decided not to leave the pitch despite plenty of blocking and 7 armor breaks. That, plus the fact that his rookie thrower survived 5 dice against him in his first offence (that would have meant the 2-0 for me), finished me up. Well, that and a crazy interception to score his first touchdown. And my dodger's tendency to get POWd in every block against them.

Outnumbered all game long, I still managed to score an equalizing 2-2, and there was a ray of hope with a Pitch Invasion, leaving only 3 high elves and 5 pro elves on their feet. It was not enough, though, and he still managed to score with 4 GFI and a pass and catch.

Congratulations to Gurgeh for his win, I'll have to settle with a mid-table finish when I could have (seeing how this game went) finished up as the runner-up. No biggie, though, I didn't have many expectations on this team anyway :D

hakos

Quote from: Mr B on October 29, 2012, 08:48:40 PM
Quote from: hakos on October 29, 2012, 04:36:31 AM
Hi.

/hakos
Would have worked on Tuesday a normal week, this week my wife and me celebrate her birthday eating out for once.
Thursday could work however.
I'll try to get home as early as possible.
Cya then mate, thanks for the opening in your schedule.

Cheers!
/B

Ok, lets play on thursday then. I will make sure to post when I get home on thursday, the earlier you can post your probable starting time on thursday, the better.

To all other: Sorry for this delay, but since this match might have a huge effect on the play-off seeding I hope you can wait for it a little...

/hakos

/hakos