QUARTER-FINALS - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, November 01, 2012, 07:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on November 03, 2012, 07:22:17 PM
Quote from: Lars on November 03, 2012, 05:25:12 PM
Hi Bantha I don't have that manny open timeslots in the comming week. But it would be good if we could play our mach either on

Sunday 4/11 20:00-24:00 CET
or
Monday  5/11 19:00- 23:00 CET

/Lars
So lets try Sunday 21 then shall we?
/B

Sounds good see you then

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on November 04, 2012, 01:08:42 PM
Game over for Elfy Way, the team is going straight to the trash bin. The Material Ghouls removed a player from the pitch each turn for the first 5 turns, then killed Elfy Way's star blitzer. The coach threw the towel.

With all events against me (Blitz!, High Kick, Get the Ref), plus Barmution's insane armor breaking ability (I think 5 out of his first 7 rolls were armor breaks), the game was over pretty quickly, despite a miracle play involving 4 GFI and a 4+ pass that got me an early TD.

Congrats for the win, Barm.
Yeah, the game was totally ridiculous. Nothing more to add, really, except that Luiggi took it like a gentleman. I'd be freaking furious if that was me. :-[

-Barm

Edit: The BBMan stats are up, but boy oh boy they do NOT tell the whole story, except for my 80% (!!!) success rate with blocks. The fact that everything vital happened in the first few rounds and then that fatal foul hit while I was grinding up during my drive in the 1st half, well it just added up to a severe nuffling for Luiggi.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

The Partly Animals managed to just eek out a 3-2 win in overtime (turn 18), in a very intense, nail-biting, 3.5 hour game. So much for resting on Sundays.

Nuffle was back on my side this time, as my elves refused to be injured at any point in the game.

Thanks for the game!

EDIT: Btw, I uploaded to BBM as NUL: S8 MD10, don't know if that's correct?

hakos

Yes, it was a very intense match, I got a headache of all the thinking :(

It was quite even although it felt as I was fighting uphill a lot of the time. Have not checked BB Manager yet but it will be interesting too see how even or uneven it was.

A match report will come, maybe today, but more probably tomorrow.

Also, I must congratulate Kvasilad on his playing today, it was very calculated, very few risks (only if really needed), good positioning and it felt like his elves always were out of touch and I only got my blitz block every turn.

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on November 04, 2012, 02:31:33 PM
EDIT: Btw, I uploaded to BBM as NUL: S8 MD10, don't know if that's correct?
That's up to us, so do we want this (ie Keep using S8 box as input) or shall we create a different box like the S8 CUP as BBM input box?

I do see this NUL-group as class mates.
There are no supreme divined master who sets the rules and all you can do is to follow it or else you can just *piiip*off.

So we play, and we setup the rules that we all play by.
If there are anyone has ANY good idea/s how we should run this or just small things that improves the league, by all means feel free to add info (info is added to a page or by mailing some of the admins) ;D.
This is just standard info and a reminder to all   :P
Thanks!
/B

Mr B

Thanks for the game Lars!
A snowy match from turn 1 to turn 16.
Team Chaos played around in the snow with the cold bones, quite settled for a 1-0 lead when a rookie skeleton dodged out and blitzed (1d) down the ball keeper, and then the snow saved the bones for a 0-0 and getting the drive next half.
To lvl the score of players, the bones went bad and crazy in the snow.
Stains form the left to the right turned red with foot prints, the chaotic dudes followed the example of course.

Starting the 2nd half with 9 vs 10 bony players it looked rough for the living team.
Turn ten the mino left the field from a foul, Far-nogor the piling on mighty blow goat (whom cased the guardian The Forsaken in turn 1) followed the mino's example the turn after.

And yet the dudes did pickup how the first half ended and dodges and blitzes the ball carrier out of the filed with a fantastic blow (2d) leaving the ball in a empty cold square.
knocking down and pushing the goat in to the ball was a good idea for Tefeni the bony guardian who actually catches the ball from the bounce.

The turn after he walks in with the winning td.
A game where the dudes pushes the bones of DDG to the limit.
Thanks for the game Lars and sorry for the bad play but there was no other option.

All other (2) games validated and watched, nice games guys!
Cheers!
/B

tags

Quote from: Mr B on November 04, 2012, 07:28:32 PM
That's up to us, so do we want this (ie Keep using S8 box as input) or shall we create a different box like the S8 CUP as BBM input box?

I don't really have strong feelings on this either way, keep using the same is fine with me. The stats are more fun and relevant during the regular season anyway.

There is one thing I would like to see for s9 though, and that is that no games are validated until the replay is uploaded to BBM. This season, we had several games missing from the stats for several weeks, which sort of messes up the bigger picture.

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on November 04, 2012, 10:50:50 PM
Thanks for the game Lars!
A snowy match from turn 1 to turn 16.
Team Chaos played around in the snow with the cold bones, quite settled for a 1-0 lead when a rookie skeleton dodged out and blitzed (1d) down the ball keeper, and then the snow saved the bones for a 0-0 and getting the drive next half.
To lvl the score of players, the bones went bad and crazy in the snow.
Stains form the left to the right turned red with foot prints, the chaotic dudes followed the example of course.

Starting the 2nd half with 9 vs 10 bony players it looked rough for the living team.
Turn ten the mino left the field from a foul, Far-nogor the piling on mighty blow goat (whom cased the guardian The Forsaken in turn 1) followed the mino's example the turn after.

And yet the dudes did pickup how the first half ended and dodges and blitzes the ball carrier out of the filed with a fantastic blow (2d) leaving the ball in a empty cold square.
knocking down and pushing the goat in to the ball was a good idea for Tefeni the bony guardian who actually catches the ball from the bounce.

The turn after he walks in with the winning td.
A game where the dudes pushes the bones of DDG to the limit.
Thanks for the game Lars and sorry for the bad play but there was no other option.

All other (2) games validated and watched, nice games guys!
Cheers!
/B

It was a quite foul intensive  mach but at least my doctor worked for the first time and saved my MB and PO beastman from death.
and I did not get any permanent damage to my team so no hard feelings from me.  good luck in the semifinals.

/Lars

Barmution

I couldn't find anything about it on the further matchups in-game so I'll ask here instead:

Who will play who in the next round? I got 2 level ups before the next showdown, so it would be nice to know what to plan for ;)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: Barmution on November 05, 2012, 01:10:49 PM
Who will play who in the next round? I got 2 level ups before the next showdown, so it would be nice to know what to plan for ;)

Probably best to stay away from the tackle, just in case.

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on November 05, 2012, 01:42:32 PM
Probably best to stay away from the tackle, just in case.
Let's just say that if a Wardancer goes down, she is to be treated with the dignity she deserves - much like the floor of a mosh pit ;)

Mr B

I couldn't find anything about it on the further matchups in-game so I'll ask here instead:

I do not really know to be honest, it's one of the secrets and unknown mystery of Cyanide to me.
There are rules of course, unknown to me and there is no documents saying anything about this as I know of.

Just wait with your skills until you see who your up against.
/B

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on November 05, 2012, 08:51:53 PM

I do not really know to be honest, it's one of the secrets and unknown mystery of Cyanide to me.
There are rules of course, unknown to me and there is no documents saying anything about this as I know of.

Just wait with your skills until you see who your up against.
/B
What can I say, I'm a impatient man and the deciding match isn't to be played before Thursday... ::)
-Barm

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on November 01, 2012, 11:17:25 PM
Hi J-Reedy :)

I won't be able to make it tuesday or wednesday. Right now it seems like I will be able to play thursday, but I'll come back to you when I know.
I will have a hard time of making it on Thursday. I might be able to but won't know until it's time so its easier if we can find another time. Can you play Saturday "morning" or daytime Saturday?

J-Reedy

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on November 06, 2012, 08:56:45 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on November 01, 2012, 11:17:25 PM
Hi J-Reedy :)

I won't be able to make it tuesday or wednesday. Right now it seems like I will be able to play thursday, but I'll come back to you when I know.
I will have a hard time of making it on Thursday. I might be able to but won't know until it's time so its easier if we can find another time. Can you play Saturday "morning" or daytime Saturday?

That works for me. I should be able to play anytime after 8 (CET) until about 15 on Saturday. Just let me know what time suits you the best and I'll lock it up.