Season 9 SIGN-UP

Started by J-Reedy, November 18, 2012, 09:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

NUL Season 8 will soon be finished, so it's time to get cracking with the preparations for SEASON 9.

PRELIMINARY TIMETABLE FOR SEASON 9
- Season 8 should be finished November 26th.
- ALL WANTING TO PLAY SEASON 9 SHOULD SIGN-UP IN THIS THREAD BY NOVEMBER 30TH!
- League structure will be decided during week 48 by the December 2nd.
- League will be played with normal 1 match week per 1 real-time week pace.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW COACHES:
1: Create an account on this forum. Note that due to high activity from spam-bots, admins have to approve your account before you can post here. This shouldn't take longer than a day.
2: Post a reply in this thread that you want to join.
3: Read the "Essential rules" section HERE and post a reply in that thread that you have understood the rules.
4: The admin team will add you on the participant list in this post.

And as per last season, we will have to see how many participants we will be before deciding how to construct the season. These will be the basic guidelines:
- New coaches will naturally start with fresh teams.
- Old and ancient coaches may use their "old" Valhalla or Ulls (season 4 or earlier) teams, fish-seasoned (seasons 5 through 8) teams or fresh teams.
- Depending on the ratio of new/old teams, there may be Team Value (TV) limit for old teams.
- If there are lots of new teams, they will be divided into league/division of their own so that they won't get trampled by the veteran teams.

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS FOR THE NEXT SEASON
Here's a list of confirmed participants/teams from the previous sign-up thread:

- J-Reedy - old/new team, maybe old
- Kvasilad - Old team preferred
- The Golden Arrow - new team, underworld
- Barmution - new team, chaos dwarf
- Gnaarkill - new team, underworld/skaven/?
- Lars - old team, Chaotic Dudes
- Hakos - old/new team
- Luiggi - old/new team, new team maybe Ogre
- Mr. B - old team, Drop Dead Gorgeous
- YOU and YOUR TEAM HERE!

The Golden Arrow

Ok, I really want to play with a new underworld team.

Luiggi

I'm in with Orkitis or a new Ogre team, depending on what fits the league best.

Note that I'll be away from the country between the 30th November and the 10th December, so in case that delays the league or whatever, feel free to drop me and I'll play S10.

Barmution

I think I'll go with a fresh Chaos Dorrrf team next season. Yes, yes... I know it's not a recipe for being loved, but I still want to ;)

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

I'm leaning mostly towards struggling on with my woodies, unless they're ripped to pieces today :)

Mr B

If I win the final in S8, I'd guess I go one more round with the Khemri.
Else unknown at the writing moment.

/B

Gnaarkill

Seems like many wants to start fresh teams. And so do i :).
Im not totally sure what i want to play yet though. Maybe underworld but since Golden also wants to play a underworld team, maybe i go for Skaven or gobbos :)
Time will tell what i choose  ::)

/Gnaarkill

hakos

I'm in.

I the time table is kept I will have to play the first match from China but after that I should be home in Sweden again. I.e. will be home from december 11th.

Depending on the league structure I can either play Getingarna or a new team.

For the new teams I have narrowed it down to 4 candidates. Necromantics, Dark Elfs, Nurgle, Pro Elfs in approximately that order of interest. Which one it will be depends on what the rest of the coaches want to play.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

I updated the participant list a bit. Any word on Gurgeh? Looks like he's the only one from S8 who hasn't said anything about S9 yet.

As we seem to have quite an even split between old/new teams, how about the following idea?
- 2 divisions, one with old teams and the other one with new teams. Divisions only play against teams within their divisions.
- All the old teams are guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. Regular season only decides the seedings for the playoffs.
- After regular season new teams play wild-card round(s) based on regular season standings. This wildcard round decides which new new teams go into playoffs.
- After wild-card round rookie teams play against veteran teams in 1st round of playoffs.

Opinions on that ideas / any other ideas are welcomed.

tags

I can't shake the feeling that I really really would like to try out Khorne, but I guess that would mean a full season of straight losses while learning how to not cause turnovers constantly :D

The structure looks good to me, I'm thinking of maybe taking Disorganized Dudes out for a new spin if that's the season 9 format.

Mr B

Hmm, I have these thoughts about the suggestion above.

2 Groups battling it out..
5 teams / group.
One have new feeders and one old feeders.
Lets say they are Group N(ew) and group O(ld).

First they get each 4 games each meaning 4 weeks of play.
Wild-card to play-off?
My suggestion: as we need 8 teams of minimum for a Cup, I recommend everyone but the last once get through to the Cup.
Meaning N#5 and O#5 missed the Cup.
Then we could go:
N4 vs O1
N3 vs O2
N2 vs O3
N1 vs O4

And yet four games for newbee team are not that much.
But it's always hard to mix new and old teams.
/B

tags

I would at least say that it is important that a couple of teams do not qualify for the cup. If everyone qualifies for the cup, I'd say skip the cup altogether, because the season is more or less pointless. I'd even say that if it's possible to arrange it so that we just play season -> semis -> final with the few teams we have now (<= 10), we should do that. For example winner of division 1 meets runner-up of division 2 and so on. I am painfully aware that that would have meant I wouldn't have qualified this season, but that's ok. Qualifying for the cup should mean something in my opinion.

Having two divisions is the only way to mix old and new teams I guess, and 4 games can mean a lot of TV with some luck. Or almost nothing if you're playing easily killed woodies :P

Is there any way to set it up so that everyone plays the others in the division twice before the play-offs like in an NFL season? That would've been ideal, it seems to me.

Barmution

+1'ing kvasi's entire post.

Also, is it possible to have a group with an odd number of teams? If so great, but I thought I heard somewhere that only even numbers are allowed.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Jupp, even numbers is the shit.
And yes, it's possible to go twice vs each other in the league.

/B

Elake

I can't play this upcoming season 9  >:(, but I would definately want to participate season 10! I would appreciate if you sent an email when it's time for season 10, just as you did for the upcoming season 9.

Cheers!

In case you can't get even numbers for season 9, I might be able to participate, or I could ask my brother.