Season 9 SIGN-UP

Started by J-Reedy, November 18, 2012, 09:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: Mr B on November 27, 2012, 05:56:36 PM
Jupp, even numbers is the shit.
And yes, it's possible to go twice vs each other in the league.

/B

Good stuff! But you didn't answer the question of whether it is possible to arrange a cup with only semis->final instead of quarters->semis->finals.

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on November 27, 2012, 10:13:56 PM
Quote from: Mr B on November 27, 2012, 05:56:36 PM
Jupp, even numbers is the shit.
And yes, it's possible to go twice vs each other in the league.

/B

Good stuff! But you didn't answer the question of whether it is possible to arrange a cup with only semis->final instead of quarters->semis->finals.
hehe, well that depends how many that shall come to the cup...
8 players means Quarter->Semi->Final... 4 players then we start in the Semi directly etc..

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on November 26, 2012, 02:14:55 PM
I updated the participant list a bit. Any word on Gurgeh? Looks like he's the only one from S8 who hasn't said anything about S9 yet

I have talked to Gurgeh and he said he had too many RL things to handle to be able to play once a week. He still seemed interested in joining season 10.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

As to the question on division structure, we shouldn't be too stuck on the idea of playing the two divisions within the same league in the Cyanide's client. We could play the rookie and veteran divisions in separate leagues within the client (for example Valhalla Cup and Feeder). Then the playoffs could be played in a separate league. The league structure could be for example the following:

- 4 or 6 veteran teams play regular season in League A. After regular season 3 of the teams go into play-offs and are moved into League C in the client.
- 4 or 6 rookie teams play regular season in league B. After regular season 4 teams play playoffs. The winner of the playoffs is moved into League C.
- League C plays playoffs, semis + final.

Thus only one rookie team would have a chance of winning the championships. 4/6 in team numbers could be the ideal split in evening the amount of games played between rookies/veterans.  Example:
- 4 veterans, 6 rookies: veterans play twice against each team = 6 matches. Rookies play once each other = 5 matches + 2 playoff matches for winner = 7 matches for winner.
- 6 veterans, 4 rookies: veterans play once each other = 5 matches. Rookies play twice each team = 6 matches + 2 playoff matches for winner = 7 matches for winner.

ADD-ON: Just to clarify, only the winner of the league C would be considered NUL Champion. Leagues A & B would only be considered elimination phases of the championship.

tags

Good to have several options on the table here. I guess the biggest problem right now is that we are 9 coaches. Time for a new recruiting drive perhaps? :)

Gnaarkill

Im good with anything structure-wise but Reedy's idea was great! I like the fact that rookie teams have to fight extra hard to get to the finals. But as kvasilad said, the bad thing right now is that we are only 9 coaches. I will try to convince a buddy, hope he takes the bait  8)

/Gnaarkill

Mr B

Alright, two leagues 9 players....
Can we have one coach who actually play in both leagues?

That player can of course only use ONE of the teams to join the Cup.
But it could mean that we can start the season 9 more or less now.

I cannot do this due to time, so do we have a voulentier?  ;D

BR
/B

The Golden Arrow

I think I might be able to do that. I don't have that many free nights before christmas though so it depends on how flexible people will be. If anyone else want to do it I'll step aside.

J-Reedy

Yeah, I think one coach playing in both leagues is the best idea if Gnaarkill (or somebody else) doesn't manage to lure anybody in. I think could do the two-teamer time-wise, but I'm not especially interested in getting more deeper into BB right now - one match a week is a nice pace for me. So I'll add myself as a final back-up: if anybody else doesn't want to take the duty, I can step in. But just in that case, so Golden is currently sitting as the appointed two-team coach.

Mr B

Alright then,

Ulls Pasture will be the initial start for rookie teams.
Feeder Camp will be the group for the team that knows the deal so to speak.

Then we use Vallhalla Cup to decide overall Champ.

And we can only use even numbers.. 4 or 6 etc.. in each "Cup"
Sign on to Ulls with newballs as password.
Sign on to Feeder with fish as password.

And may the numbers be with us!
Cheers!
/B

tags

Neat! Will the Feeder league be automatically emptied at some point, or is everyone already in there responsible for leaving?

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on December 02, 2012, 11:57:45 AM
Ulls Pasture will be the initial start for rookie teams.
Feeder Camp will be the group for the team that knows the deal so to speak.

And we can only use even numbers.. 4 or 6 etc.. in each "Cup"
Sign on to Ulls with newballs as password.
Sign on to Feeder with fish as password.

OK, so could everybody now confirm if they'll take a new or old team. To my understanding totally confirmed entries are as follows, please correct me if I'm wrong:

OLD teams:
Mr. B with Drop Dead Gorgeous
Golden with Sweet Sweet Decay
Kvasilad with Disorganized Dudes

NEW teams:
Golden with ? (underworld)
Gnaarkill with ?

As I truly have no preference, I'll play either new team (probably dolfins) or old team (Whistlers/Kittens) depending on how other players choose new/old teams. So I'll join the league which will have odd numbers after everybody has confirmed their team.

Oh, as to Kvasi's question about emptying the feeder, I'm guessing everybody can take out their own teams and admins can kick out the slow ones if nescessary. Mr B. will probably correct this if I'm guessing wrong.

tags

Kvasilad with Disorganized Dudes (old, 1800-ish TV)

Mr B

That is correct JR,
Ull's is cleansed however... welcome to join.
I'll added more places for teams in Feeder, but when we know what and what then we clean up feeder's so teams playing S9 will be in the scope so to speak.

Cheers!
/B

The Golden Arrow

If I play both leagues I will continue with my nurgle in Feeder as well.