Season 9 - DAY 1 MATCHES

Started by J-Reedy, December 12, 2012, 06:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

That was some crazy match. Ogracadabra pull it off with an enormous amount of luck. Snotlings showed titanium armor while the elves were massacred. With 2 dead elves (lineman and blitzer) in a single turn, even the snotlings managed to score casualties (1 sideline push resulting in death and one badly hurt in the second half). I was forced to blitz the ogre ball carrier free and Albus Dumbledogre scored the first touchdown by turn 8. Second half was hellish for J as I scored casualties and KO's all game long, resulting in a drive where every elf that trespassed my half resulted in KO or casualty. With only 3 elves on the pitch, he went for the desperate play and managed to score the 1-1 with 2 turns to go. And then the magic came. No rerolls, the ball lands off field because of a gust of wind and Albus scores his second touchdown of the match after going for it 3 times (plus 2 bonehead rolls) while the five defenders were neutralized (3 at the LOS, while the blitzers failed a GFI after a missclick by J).

Apart from that, I must have fouled 6 or 7 times (breaking armor at a 70% rate, I guess) without a single snotling being ejected. Total dicerape, I'm sorry about it, J-Reedy.

PS: Note the -27 luck on armor rolls by J-Reedy (5/13 snotling breaks, 0/8 ogre breaks) plus my 74% block success. Sick stuff.

J-Reedy

And Ull's Pasture has also been opened. Here's what happened:

2 first casualties were 2 dead marine mammals, one of them blitzer. Luiggi speculated that my blitzer's would be farming spp from the game, but it looked like Ogres were doing the farming. Managed to tie the game with 2 turns left but then couldn't stop the ogre onslaught with 5 delfins that were left standing. Mr. Dumbleogre had to make a bonehead and go-for-it to score, but that he did.

Barmution

Holy crap, that's brutal!

Here I thought being match up with you early would be an advantage... please tell me you are down basking in Nuffles glory for a while now... or at least until we meet on matchday 5  ::)

Commisserations to JR, though. That's a REALLY tough start to the season.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on December 12, 2012, 09:08:19 AM
Middle of the day on saturday should work. I have exams, but can take a break pretty much whenever to play.

And as I just said I have exams next week, so my time is not that plentyful (Hakos). I guess I could play thursday, friday or saturday night, but that's just because I'm such a good guy :P

Hi

Sorry for my late reply have taken some time to adapt back to life in sweden and get into my old work again.

In theory I'm available from friday evening and the whole weekend for play. However, do I need to install Chaos Edition to play now? That could be a problem since I have not even bought it yet...

/Hakos

Barmution

Mad Science Fair vs Warpstoned Maniaks: 2-1 in the least traditional grind EVER. Wild stuff everywhere on the pitch as the Skaven bashed, the Bulls did some agile moves and ball-handling and conservative coaches everywhere in the world sensed some disturbances in the force. Thanks for a wildly entertaining game, Gnaarkill, although my nerves will be shot for at least a week after this one  ;)

BBMan report:

-Barm

@Hakos: You don't need Chaos edition to play against the new races, only to actually play them yourself.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: hakos on December 13, 2012, 09:38:28 PM
Middle of the day on saturday should work. I have exams, but can take a break pretty much whenever to play.

And as I just said I have exams next week, so my time is not that plentyful (Hakos). I guess I could play thursday, friday or saturday night, but that's just because I'm such a good guy :P

Hi

Sorry for my late reply have taken some time to adapt back to life in sweden and get into my old work again.

In theory I'm available from friday evening and the whole weekend for play. However, do I need to install Chaos Edition to play now? That could be a problem since I have not even bought it yet...

/Hakos

You don't need chaos edition. What about starting 22.00 on saturday night? It's best for me to do it late but I could do it some other time as well.

Mr B

tags

Whoa, that Ogracadabra vs. FMM sure was brutal. 870 TV and 20k going into MD2 is a bit of a hurdle!

Barmution

Hehe... just calculated the odds for not getting a single casualty on 19 armor breaks: 3%. My Chaos Dwarves have cushions for hands.

hakos

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on December 13, 2012, 11:04:12 PM
Quote from: hakos on December 13, 2012, 09:38:28 PM

Hi

/Hakos

You don't need chaos edition. What about starting 22.00 on saturday night? It's best for me to do it late but I could do it some other time as well.

I would definitely prefer earlier. I still have some issues with adapting to swedish time. Last night was the first night where I managed not to fall to sleep before 21.

However, in the interest of finishing MD1 in this weekend I can try for this time. Up to you, in the weekend I can play almost any time.

/Hakos

The Golden Arrow

I might be able to get there earlier, check back here some times Saturday night and I'll let you know how things progress.

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on December 14, 2012, 08:07:54 AM
Hehe... just calculated the odds for not getting a single casualty on 19 armor breaks: 3%. My Chaos Dwarves have cushions for hands.

Don't worry, my mages will finish the job next game  8). It's going to be hard to catch up with those rats at a 5mv rate, though.

Plus you'll get another chance vs my Apprentices in a few weeks, mwehehehe.

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on December 14, 2012, 08:46:49 PM
Plus you'll get another chance vs my Apprentices in a few weeks, mwehehehe.
Note to self: Get a boatload of Guard and a couple of dirty Hobs... and better injury dice!  :P

tags

Meanwhile, 2 hours and 340 negative TV later:

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on December 15, 2012, 05:15:06 PM
Meanwhile, 2 hours and 340 negative TV later:

Damn, I thought I had the Most Deaths On First Match Day prize already locked up. Didn't expect this heavy competition.