Season 9 - DAY 1 MATCHES

Started by J-Reedy, December 12, 2012, 06:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

I killed/injured all his non skilled players. I say I did him a favour cutting away the slack :P

hakos

Hi Golden

Seems you are online and in BB mood. Any ideas when we can play?

/Hakos

The Golden Arrow

I can make it at 21.30 if that's possible for you.

hakos

The Golden Arrow

I'm ready already, get on when you can :)

hakos

hakos

Gangnam Style beats the underworld back into the ground, 3-0 in TD, 2-0 in Injuries

Let's just say that dices were not on Goldens side in this match...

Hope to write more tomorrow, now I need to sleep

/Hakos

hakos

Seems the final match of MD1 is played. Nice.

Both Golden and me started by preparing our excuses for losses by explaining how new we were to our respective teams. After that I won the kick-off roll and decided to kick.

The first few turns were quite cautious from both sides and not that much happened. I played a line defense and tried to exploit my armor & strength advantage by getting close to his guys as much as possible while still forcing him to make as much dodge rolls as possible. The hobgoblins were slippery as eels and just seemed to run around as they wanted. Had to spend my blitzes on chasing them around on my half.

In turn 4 I got my chance when Golden failed a dodge very early in his turn. I could move in and position 3 guys next to his ball carrier. In turn 5 I got quite lucky when his early blitz to free his thrower ended in a double skull. Suddenly he was quite badly positioned after two early turn overs and I could rather easily knock the ball loose, pick it up and run deep into his half.

After that I only delayed the scoring until turn 8 to minimize his chance of getting KO'd guys back. It worked quite well and I could score 1-0 as the final thing in this half.

The second half started great for me since Golden was unlucky and didn't get a single guy back to being conscious. This meant that I started with 11 vs 8 guys in the field. And two of the KO'd guys were rats so the strength advantage was really good now.

I decided to to be quite offensive so I knocked down his LOS, and then tied up almost all his guys with my zombies. Basically I managed to put him into a cage with me outside. He when took his troll to one side and I could tie it up with a zombie and take the ball through in the middle. It was quite easy since I had the numerical and strength advantage and in turn 13 I could score 2-0 with almost his entire team on the ground.

Golden was eager to even the score a bit but yet again the dices failed him. He only got one guy back so I continued to have the advantage and as icing on the cake; I kicked the ball close to the LOS, got a blitz and managed to catch the ball even before he had started to move. I think he managed to get it loose but I got it back and in my final turn I could score 3-0.

Golden had one turn left and was quite eager to get at least some SPP but I can understand his rage when I got my second blitz... I thought I was finished playing but apparently not. Decided not to do that much. Golden tried to get some final injury and passing point before the match ended but no.

Can also mention that Goldens 4 RR seemed to melt away as butter on a hot summer day, which also made things much easier for me of course.

/Hakos

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game and report. I can add that I blitzed down his ball carrier in his first drive the second half and moved guys around the ball (troll failed his stupid test so did not move in there :(). Next turn I could blitz one/both his guys away from the ball (just a one die though), but failed the dodge with my blitzer. Otherwise the ball would be far far away...

Also second drive that half after his blitz I only needed to knock down his ball carrier and like one zombie and pick the ball up and he wouldn't really had had anyone that could have caught up, but I failed the dodge with my blitzer again.

The gobbos passed lots of dodges though so I don't think I rolled that bad on them, but they came in the totally wrong places.

hakos

True, I forgot some key dodge failures you got in the second half. Since I played very offensive I would definitely have had some trouble to catch you if you had got the ball.

By the way, can I UL the match to BB Manager or do I need to own Chaos Edition for that? Seems I have to select game edition and I do not know what to select since I use Legendary and you uses Chaos edition...

/Hakos

Barmution

@Hakos: Select Legendary, it's asking for what version you, the user, have.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on December 13, 2012, 10:30:32 PM
Mad Science Fair vs Warpstoned Maniaks: 2-1 in the least traditional grind EVER. Wild stuff everywhere on the pitch as the Skaven bashed, the Bulls did some agile moves and ball-handling and conservative coaches everywhere in the world sensed some disturbances in the force. Thanks for a wildly entertaining game, Gnaarkill, although my nerves will be shot for at least a week after this one  ;)

BBMan report:
---

-Barm

@Hakos: You don't need Chaos edition to play against the new races, only to actually play them yourself.

Thank you Barm!

Yes, it was a insane and highly enjoyable game! My skaven team really lived up to their name... MANIAKS!  ;D

/Gnaarkill