Season 9 - DAY 2 MATCHES

Started by J-Reedy, December 16, 2012, 04:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Luiggi on December 17, 2012, 06:43:29 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 16, 2012, 07:09:46 PM
Alrighty Luiggi, time for the MANIAKS to face your evil ogre magicians! :)

My OK playing times this week are as follow:
Monday: 21.00 - 22.00
Tuesday: 19.00 - 22.00
Wednesday: 21.00 - 22.00
Thursday: 19.00 - 22.00
Friday: ---
Saturday: ---
Sunday: All day

/Gnaarkill

Tuesday 19.00 CET is ok for me. I'll see you tomorrow!

Nice! Cya on the pitch m8! :)

/Gnaarkill

J-Reedy

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on December 17, 2012, 01:04:56 PM
Quote from: J-Reedy on December 17, 2012, 05:27:52 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on December 16, 2012, 06:28:06 PM
Day matches are preferable for me and Thursday is perfect. Pretty much any time.

Well, how about 12.00 on Thursday or anytime after that? 11.00 should also be possible if you prefer earlier.
12.00 on Thursday it is :)

Oukey-dokey, see ya on Thursday!

Barmution

The Mad Science Fair and Opa Gangnam Style fight each other to a standstill at 0-0. Failing a GFI w Sure Feet for the score in half 1 was the deal sealer, as was the value of having Block on most of my players seemingly count for nothing as OGS threw more blocks, with worse odds and still came out better (62% success and 2 turnovers vs 56% and 4 turnovers) .  Frustrating game to say the least, but got off with a draw and a couple of cas, so I guess I'll have to be happy about it, just to spite Nuffle, that old wanker.

Thanks for the match, Hakos, certainly was a lesson in trying to keep one's cool  ;)
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Necros vs Males in strange hats and skirts match played

Seems we only did one thing in this match, standing together in large clumps of people and sweating while touching, feeling and pushing on each other bodies

Seems the dwarfs were a little into S&M also since they injured two of my skeletons. One of them pieced himself back together but the other managed to lose a bone somewhere so he will be even slower than before. I wonder if there is someplace to get a replacement bone?

Neither team managed to reach the end zone. I was one 4+ dodge & one 2+ gfi away. The centaur on the other hand was so worried about followers that he looked back and then tripped on his own legs. So only his head and not the ball was inside the touchdown zone

I'm not certain who cursed Nuffle the most, Golden or Barmution but probably Golden. As for me, I have probably used up all my luck for about 5 matches by now.

To sum it up:

TD: 0-0
Injuries: 0-2
SPP: 5-9
Gold: 70k-70k

So the mad dwarfs did come out ahead in the match...

Luiggi

Match day 2 ends with a 5-0 defeat for the ogres... it looks like the wands were cursed today.

This has got to be one of the unluckiest games I've had, with 2 consecutives Blitz! results for my opposition, a flawless sprinting rat ogre (most of the rolls against it were bone-heads, and the rest were pushes/bad armor rolls), 2 invincible gutter runners (they got hit, fouled... but they just would not even be knocked out), one lazy ogre (got knocked out in the first half and spent 3 drives in the dug-out) and many more things.

I guess I'm even with fate now, after my huge luck in MD 1. On the bright side, a rookie ogre managed to get 3 casualties today (one of which was a dead stormvermin) and another one got the last casualty he needed, so that's three level 2 ogres in 2 matches... not bad! Plus my snotlings keep being unbeatable :D

PS: Sorry about the stormvermin getting the MVP... I guess the spectators deemed that death epic!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Luiggi on December 18, 2012, 08:28:50 PM
Match day 2 ends with a 5-0 defeat for the ogres... it looks like the wands were cursed today.

This has got to be one of the unluckiest games I've had, with 2 consecutives Blitz! results for my opposition, a flawless sprinting rat ogre (most of the rolls against it were bone-heads, and the rest were pushes/bad armor rolls), 2 invincible gutter runners (they got hit, fouled... but they just would not even be knocked out), one lazy ogre (got knocked out in the first half and spent 3 drives in the dug-out) and many more things.

I guess I'm even with fate now, after my huge luck in MD 1. On the bright side, a rookie ogre managed to get 3 casualties today (one of which was a dead stormvermin) and another one got the last casualty he needed, so that's three level 2 ogres in 2 matches... not bad! Plus my snotlings keep being unbeatable :D

PS: Sorry about the stormvermin getting the MVP... I guess the spectators deemed that death epic!

LOL! Indeed it was a epic death!
Love when players die on the bloodbowl pitch, makes you feel that the game can sometimes be really unforgiving! And thats what i honestly like about this game :) A little sadistic i know, but i guess we all have to be a little sadistic to play this game , haha... or maybe its just me ;)

Well well enough talk about sadism, i was really really lucky today. Luiggi did a great job in the opening turns. I have never faced ogres before so it was very tricky to know how to position the rats against the big brute magicians. Luiggi gave some good advice though... maybe a little to good and my play was starting to go better together with a big portion of luck!

Here is some stats from the match:

Thank you for the match Luiggi!

/Gnaarkill

hakos

Wow, 5-0, that must be a record, have never seen such a match result in any of the leagues that I have played in.

Luiggi

Quote from: hakos on December 18, 2012, 08:59:27 PM
Wow, 5-0, that must be a record, have never seen such a match result in any of the leagues that I have played in.

It's not that rare when fast teams face the likes of goblins, ogres or halflings... Skaven/Wood Elves are so good out of the box that they just need to keep the 1's at bay to get great results. But that's the beauty of the game :)

By the way, I love your disregard for your own rats, Gnaarkill, that's the true way of a Skaven Coach! And I mean it :) Good match and congratulations, I forgot to mention it :D

PS: Funny story, in my first block of the game (that resulted in Badly Hurt) I hesitated between blocking the rat-ogre and the Stormvermin (both av 8). I thought getting rid of a blocker was a good idea to protect snotlings and it turned out that I should have hit the rat ogre instead, who really was the biggest threat for my ogres. I guess you always learn something new :)

Mr B

hehe, I even got 5-0 vs dwarfs with vamps  ;D
Again another league of course.

Barmution

Wow, what a result! Your rats really must've gotten their shit together, Gnaar ;)

And Luiggi, I'm just laughing my ass off when looking at the statistics and seeing those names there, pretty epic stuff. I don't even know if Dumbledogre or Voldemogre should be my favourite  ;D
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on December 19, 2012, 08:56:25 AM
Wow, what a result! Your rats really must've gotten their shit together, Gnaar ;)

And Luiggi, I'm just laughing my ass off when looking at the statistics and seeing those names there, pretty epic stuff. I don't even know if Dumbledogre or Voldemogre should be my favourite  ;D
-Barm

Hehe thank you Barm! Or i would rather say that my rats got their shit into pieces. Luiggis ogre magicians gave my rats a real beat up! 5 injuries and 1 death =)
Will not look good for the MANIAKS in the upcoming match  :D

/Gnaarkill

Luiggi

Apart from the Dead Stormvermin (which is a tough deal, losing 50% of your team's block), I think the rest were linerats. The difference between a rookie linerat and a mercenary linerat is... well, none. All that they are good for early on is just to be placed on the LOS on defence and to be meatshields for the gutter runners. A loner linerat can do that as well (better, actually, because you care even less about them being injured).

Btw, fear my ogres, one of them got Block  :-* I don't expect them to win but at least they'll have fun beating things up  ::)

J-Reedy

Second game for the FMM and it's starting to look like elfs and me are not meant to be:

Had -4 and -15,75 for dice in BB Manager but there weren't any decisive dice catastrophies. Golden played excellent defence and managed to score on my turn. I managed to stop his attack and get the ball but then a goblin diced through my guys like a knife through warm butter and set up a an assist a vermin who took out my ball-carrying blitzer. I didn't recover from the ball loss soon enough, so in last turns I had to go dodging to get guys on scoring positions and first dodge failed.

Started the season with 4 blitzers, in next game I'll have 2 of them as Jarkko Feresa will be healing his eye that somebody gouged out. Must've been that one goblin with the fork in his hand.

Oh, and one of the loners was my MVP. I tried to convince him to join the team but it seems he wanted more than the wooden penny I had to offer to him.

Barmution

Ow again. This is starting to sound like a poor guy in one of my other leagues who's lost 7 High Elves to DEATH in 11 games and a couple of others to permanent injuries. Hope you can bounce back, mate. Take consolation in the fact that Golden's gobbos will have to face up to my Dorfs in MD3...

-Barm

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on December 20, 2012, 01:52:20 PM
...Take consolation in the fact that Golden's gobbos will have to face up to my Dorfs in MD3...

Well, one of his gobbos will not be facing you as he's pushing up daisies now - BAHAWAHAHAHA!!! [please imagine this as the most sinister laughter you can]