Season 9 - Day 5 MATCHES

Started by J-Reedy, January 22, 2013, 09:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 23, 2013, 12:23:15 PM
Quote from: hakos on January 22, 2013, 10:51:14 AM
Hi

Thursday 19 should be quite ok and weekend after 18:00.

Lets go for thursday 19:00 and have the other times in reserve.

/Hakos

Sounds like a plan, see you on Thursday if nothing comes up.

Logging in now

J-Reedy

Finned Marine Mammals end their abysmal season with a 0-2 loss against Opa Gangnam Style. I almost managed to stop the Gangnam from scoring but one of their wolves managed to ride into to goal zone with an invisible horse at the final turn. As my only (distant) chance for playoffs was a victory, I tried to go for a fast score but was stopped by another invisible horse riding wolf and after spectators tossed the ball around a bit and our players organized a race for the ball, Gangnam proved to be the faster team with more style. Congratulations to Hakos for a nice match and a trip to playoffs!

I'll put up the sign-up for season 10 during weekend or next week when I find some time.

The Golden Arrow

I managed to redeem my season somewhat by beating gnars rats with my rats (and not to forget the gobbos) 3-0. I had extreme luck in the start with a shallow kick followed by a blitz and then her failed his pick up on snake eyes. I then proceeded to injure two players and played that half to an end with desperate attempts by him to get the ball back. The next half was closer but my numbers and some gobbo magic gave me the day.

Still not enough to get into the play offs but we'll be back with more interesting mutations next season.

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on January 23, 2013, 03:40:01 PM
Quote from: Mr B on January 23, 2013, 03:33:30 PM
Quote from: Lars on January 22, 2013, 02:23:21 PM
Bantha when can you play

I can play wednesday-saturday from 1900

/Lars
Hmm, ok thanks...
Shall we try Friday evening 21 then?
/B

Sure that sounds good

/Lars
Hi, I'm not sure I can make the game to night.
My wife is still at work and it takes an hour more or less to get home, meaning I'm alone and have to take care of our little one if he awakes.
So, having another game tomorrow evening means next week for us.
How early can we take this one?
I'm busy Tuesday but monday 21 cet will work.

Sorry for the trouble.
/B

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 24, 2013, 08:45:22 PM
Finned Marine Mammals end their abysmal season with a 0-2 loss against Opa Gangnam Style. I almost managed to stop the Gangnam from scoring but one of their wolves managed to ride into to goal zone with an invisible horse at the final turn. As my only (distant) chance for playoffs was a victory, I tried to go for a fast score but was stopped by another invisible horse riding wolf and after spectators tossed the ball around a bit and our players organized a race for the ball, Gangnam proved to be the faster team with more style. Congratulations to Hakos for a nice match and a trip to playoffs!

I'll put up the sign-up for season 10 during weekend or next week when I find some time.

Thanks for the match J-Reedy, it was a nice relaxed event. I thought it was going to be a bloody affair after 6 players were off the pitch after turn 4. 4 on them on my side made me think it was almost over.

But that lucky score with my wolf in turn 8 really got me focused again. These buggers can really run.

Feels good to be in the play-off the third season in a row. If I could just advance beyond the first play-off match I would be very happy indeed.

/hakos

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on January 25, 2013, 07:50:13 PM
Quote from: Lars on January 23, 2013, 03:40:01 PM
Quote from: Mr B on January 23, 2013, 03:33:30 PM
Quote from: Lars on January 22, 2013, 02:23:21 PM
Bantha when can you play

I can play wednesday-saturday from 1900

/Lars
Hmm, ok thanks...
Shall we try Friday evening 21 then?
/B

Sure that sounds good

/Lars
Hi, I'm not sure I can make the game to night.
My wife is still at work and it takes an hour more or less to get home, meaning I'm alone and have to take care of our little one if he awakes.
So, having another game tomorrow evening means next week for us.
How early can we take this one?
I'm busy Tuesday but monday 21 cet will work.

Sorry for the trouble.
/B

Okej we'll take it on monday then what time ?

Mr B

21 cet as I stated..  ;D
Thanks L!

Barmution

Hey Luiggi.

I've come down with a nasty case of the flu (39 degree temperature as we speak), so I can't promise that I'll be able to make our match tomorrow. I'll try but at this point it's a crap shoot. Are you able to do Thursday 20-21 in case I'm unable to show up?

Edit: Looks like I'm able to play. We'll see about the quality of said playing, but I'll be there  :)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Barmution's dwarves proved to be too much for my ogres to handle (2-0). My snotlings kept falling at a 1 per turn basis and my ogres got slaughtered as well (literally). A rookie ogre lost 1 str point and will be retired, but the worst of it all was my dead lvl 2 (almost 3) ogre... after scoring 2 cas and 2 KO's, he tried to get the mino... I chose both down because of my AV advantage and BOOM, he got killed. It's funny how both the minotaur's casualties were against the same player and both were quite grave (first one was a niggle that got healed, second one was... final :D).

Apart from that, centaurs handled the ball quite well and could have scored a third touchdown if it wasn't for 2 double 1's in a row when going for it... talk about sure feet!

GG in any case, plenty of casualties and carnage. I'm back to 4 ogres now but at least my Star ogre scored 2 more casualties and got to level 3. 9 cas in 5 games, outstanding!

Barmution

Yeah... 10 injuries from 14 armor breaks... as I said in-game, those are some shameful stats. Those snots just kept getting squished and that Mino REALLY, REALLY hated that Piling-On guy's guts. Very one-sided game, I must say you took the misfortune like a gentleman.

My first play-off opponent will probably be glad that my Claw Dwarf is out with a Niggle, tho :) (heck, it might even be you!)

Thanks for the game, those brutes really kept me on my toes even though it went my way the whole match.
-Barm

PS. Game uploaded

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Ok, seems quite clear that Barmution is number one and Luiggi number two. But how is the order decided between me and Gnaarkill? We have 2-1-2 each and the same TD difference. Right now I seem to be number four and headed to meet the dwarfen killing machine. Is it because Gnaarkill has lower TV than me?

Mr B

Barmution

If I recall correctly it's supposed to be something really weird when both points and TD diff is the same; the TV of the teams at league start. I can't even remember if the lower TV is rated higher or vice versa, but that's supposedly how it works. At least up until the server migration.

I can also add that the Science Fair's reputation as monstrous killing machines are highly overrated as it took us this exceptionally over-the-top injury roll match to get us back to the statistical expectation. Comes around, goes around... just don't be there when karma is on the dorf's side ;D

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on January 27, 2013, 09:47:33 PM
If I recall correctly it's supposed to be something really weird when both points and TD diff is the same; the TV of the teams at league start. I can't even remember if the lower TV is rated higher or vice versa, but that's supposedly how it works. At least up until the server migration.

So thats something we in the league don't decide by ourselves?
My personal opinion is that in case of a draw, like this time, it should be like in soccer. The team who stood as a winner between the two teams in question should get the higher ranking.

/Gnaarkill