Season 9 - Day 5 MATCHES

Started by J-Reedy, January 22, 2013, 09:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Everything is optional... it is OUR league.
Should We think of something, or let the client handle it and then decide...

It's always problem deciding the New rules when we have a problem...
Normaly I'd say TD diff > game result between the two >by most TD's > Cas diff > ?

Then what if there are three tied teams?
;D

tags

Quote from: Mr B on January 28, 2013, 10:32:05 PM
Everything is optional... it is OUR league.
Should We think of something, or let the client handle it and then decide...

It's always problem deciding the New rules when we have a problem...
Normaly I'd say TD diff > game result between the two >by most TD's > Cas diff > ?

Then what if there are three tied teams?
;D

Cas diff is just massively unfair against those of a more elven persuasion, isn't it?

I'd say Best TD diff -> game result between the two -> most TD's -> TV at the start of league season (lower is better)

The Golden Arrow

But most TD:s is unfair against those with no elven persuation :P still should hopefully not get to that.

And what a crazy number of draws we have in the feeder camp... I guess that's the case when we all have middle developed bash teams.

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on January 28, 2013, 10:43:46 PM

Cas diff is just massively unfair against those of a more elven persuasion, isn't it?

I'd say Best TD diff -> game result between the two -> most TD's -> TV at the start of league season (lower is better)
If you're an elf, odds are that you have significantly more TDs than your eventual bashy counterpart, making Cas difference more fair as a 4th criterium than the rather arbitrary TV at start of season thingie, IMHO.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on January 29, 2013, 01:12:39 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on January 28, 2013, 10:43:46 PM

If you're an elf, odds are that you have significantly more TDs than your eventual bashy counterpart, making Cas difference more fair as a 4th criterium than the rather arbitrary TV at start of season thingie, IMHO.

Then again, cas difference is unfair towards lowered armored and outstrengthed opponents... I'd say go for a coin toss and let Nuffle decide, mwahahaha.

hakos

I thought I had a simple question but apparently not...

The reason I was wondering was that in the game I'm ranked as 4 but in BB manager I'm ranked as 3.
And Gnaarkill vice versa...

How I would prefer to decide (in general):

1) Points for won/draw/loss
2) TD diff
3) TV at league start (lower is better)
4) Coin Toss

All other things I can think of will either favour a certain type of team or does not work with more than two teams.

Just for the record. I have no problems coming 4 and facing the chaos dwarfs since that is how the game decided it. I was just curious about how things were selected to know for future seasons to see if I could have affected the outcome in some way.

/Hakos

The Golden Arrow

Ok kvasi, is Thursday still on? Which time suits you? 20.00 CET OK with you?

tags

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 30, 2013, 11:38:04 PM
Ok kvasi, is Thursday still on? Which time suits you? 20.00 CET OK with you?

Still on tonight! I'd prefer 2030, can you do that?

Gnaarkill

Well the ranking really isnt a big thing for me either. Pos. 3 or 4 doesnt really matter as long as im in the playoffs haha :)

I just said my personal opinion on how one should measure in case of a draw between two teams. And i thought that this wasnt anything we in our league had the power to rule over since it was built-in in the game client or something. But apperantly we can change the rules to how we want it to be. Do we have any set rules for "in case of a draw"?

Otherwise maybe we can have a vote of some sort? Or maybe people just doesnt care and we continue on and let the game client decide for us. Im afraid that can be a problem though. What would happened if it was a playoff spot we were talking about? At least i would liked to have some clear rules about the ranking system then.

/Gnaarkill

hakos

The league is forwarded into the play off season for us now.

Gnaarkill as 3rd seed and me as 4th seed.

Quite ok for me. I want to see if I can get lucky against Barm again and see his frustration in the chat client. :)

I noted that he had a minotaur that he didn't have last time we met. That might prove to be ... troublesome ...

/Hakos

The Golden Arrow

Yep 20.30 sounds good to me, see you then :)

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on January 31, 2013, 10:51:22 AM
Quite ok for me. I want to see if I can get lucky against Barm again and see his frustration in the chat client. :)

I noted that he had a minotaur that he didn't have last time we met. That might prove to be ... troublesome ...

/Hakos
Don't mind little, old Sharktopus, Hakos... he didn't even manage more than two Cas his virgin game (both against an Ogre), so I bet that you'll hardly notice him on the pitch.

Do you mind playing on Sunday, btw? 11-12 (GMT+1/CET) or 21 start time?

Love and hugs,
the Mad Science Fair
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on January 30, 2013, 07:54:54 PM
I thought I had a simple question but apparently not...

The reason I was wondering was that in the game I'm ranked as 4 but in BB manager I'm ranked as 3.
And Gnaarkill vice versa...

How I would prefer to decide (in general):

1) Points for won/draw/loss
2) TD diff
3) TV at league start (lower is better)
4) Coin Toss

All other things I can think of will either favour a certain type of team or does not work with more than two teams.

Just for the record. I have no problems coming 4 and facing the chaos dwarfs since that is how the game decided it. I was just curious about how things were selected to know for future seasons to see if I could have affected the outcome in some way.

/Hakos
Nah, don't like that one H.
@3 so we should keep track what tv's for everyone when we start...
So, you applied with that tv.. I kick 10k to get lower just in case...
Nahh, sound bad to me, first off we need to keep track on that.. not good, Second ooh I got a str boost... should that be bad for my team?

@4 do not like that one either, what the team perform should matter and we have lots of that.

#1Most TD's sound best in my ear.
#2Then it could be best defender
#3Most Cas
#4game result between the teams

Or just let the client handle it.

/B

tags

Oh you gotta be kidding me :(

I was having an epic match there, and then a network desynch happened. Arrgh!