Season 10 Match Day 2 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, March 30, 2013, 07:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

(Most of) The Partly Animals just managed to escape with their lives against the Dueling Banjos, and sneak in a couple of touchdowns in the process. There seems to be something wrong with the stats though, because injuries are listed as "1". I suffered two MNG's (one of them dead->apo->MNG), and another broken jaw ending the career of my kicker. And two more BH I think. Perhaps the secret weapons guys fail to register their casulties? Oh well.

It was a very fun game (at least for me), as I don't think I've ever faced gobbos before. I failed to notice that the ball'n'chain guy had str7 in the beginning, and thought he had about 2-3, which led to me being quite knocked about and out of position in the first couple of turns. I also kept getting surprised at the return of mr. chainsaw drive after drive, as I did not know you could use bribes for secret weapons :D

Thanks for the game!

Mr B

Its fun, its goblins, its havoc.

Yes the same as you do not spot foulings either or missed dodges that kills you etc.
Only what you can earn spp on is in the book, so to speak.

Lars

So the mach between Opa gagnam style vs The chatoic dudes as been played

It was a violent match with alot of injuries and many ko's (more violence than ballplay). First half was pretty close the Chaos team started with the ball and moved it around the pitch untill round 6 when they tried to get close to the touchdown line just to see a nasty werewolf closing in and smack down the ballhandler. After that the Dudes never managed to pick up the ball anymore in that half of the game. So first Half ended 0-0.

The second Half was more or less just a show how nasty nuffel can be almost everything that Opa tried to do ended in a catastrophe the ball was hard to handel dodges resulted injuries and to just to pour some salt in the wounds did the dudes manage to take the ball and score in the last round.

over and out

Gnaarkill

... and so the match between Axe and Anvil vs Warpstoned Maniaks has ended with a very close victory for the Maniaks.

It was a very close and intense match. The Maniaks received the ball in the first half and managed to do a touchdown in the 5th round after a bit of a scramble in mid pitch followed by a stumble in the endzone by one of the gutter runners. Axe and Anvil had a good push late in the first half but didnt have the speed to finish. Second half started with Axe and Anvil as the receiving team. The Maniaks managed to stop the dwarves mid pitch pretty early and the ball got loose and free for the taking for one of the gutter runners. The maniaks started to regroup for an offensive push but got scattered by the beating of Axe and Anvil who wanted their ball back!
The sneaky gutter runners managed to get the ball high up in dwarven territory but the angry dwarves were determined to stop the filthy little rats and managed to injure both of the gutter runners and got the ball back. Late in the second half Axe and Anvil pushed for a quick attack and set up a good offense. Axe and Anvils last hope was a lonely runner waiting for the ball falling from the sky. Unlucky for the runner the rat ogre Stinky saw him and broke of from his opponents tackle zone and went straight for the runner who got badly hurt from the attack.
1-0 Warpstoned Maniaks. 

Could aswell have been 1-1 if Stinky would have missed his blitz attempt, with zero ReRolls it was a risky move.

All and all it was a very nice match. The dices was sometimes insanely awsome and sometimes insanely bad. But i dont think that either of the teams had a dice advantage, it felt like a really fair game :)

Thank you Kerrai for a great match, and good luck in the rest of the matches!

/Gnaarkill

hakos

Quote from: Lars on April 05, 2013, 09:57:30 PM
So the mach between Opa gagnam style vs The chatoic dudes as been played

The second Half was more or less just a show how nasty nuffel can be almost everything that Opa tried to do ended in a catastrophe the ball was hard to handel dodges resulted injuries and to just to pour some salt in the wounds did the dudes manage to take the ball and score in the last round.

Thanks for the game. It sure was intense even if nothing spectacular happened. Just a lots of quarreling in big groups around the middle of the field.

I  checked BB manager stats and most things looked quite even then it came to dices except my D6 rolls. And all those fails certainly came in the second half. There were some times where I could have played better early in the second half. I left my ball carrier far to vulnerable and stretched out my defense by trying to score quickly (don't know why I played like that, there was no reason). This led to me trying more desperate things which led to the need for more D6 rolls, which is always a gamble.

However, all in all, the Dudes played a very stable game and deserved the victory. But next time I will smash them :)

/Hakos