Season 10 Match Day 3 - MATCHES

Started by J-Reedy, April 06, 2013, 02:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Sorry Joohoo, those are already booked for other events.
Friday evening could work, but I rather play Saturday in that case.

johoohno

Quote from: Mr B on April 08, 2013, 08:19:54 PM

Friday then (would prefer keeping Saturday for the wife and kids). Is 21.00 a good time for you or do you want to start half an hour earlier or so?

Mr B

I'll be alone with (hopefully) my sleeping little B, so nine is fine.
If we can go earlier I'll let you know... 30min it totally possible but cannot promise.

/B

Kerrai

Quote from: Lars on April 08, 2013, 04:54:40 PM
Wednesday 20:00 or Thurday 20:00 both would work

/Lars

Lets take our game on Wednesday 20:00 then.

See you then
//Kerrai

Lars

Quote from: Kerrai on April 09, 2013, 09:56:34 AM
Quote from: Lars on April 08, 2013, 04:54:40 PM
Wednesday 20:00 or Thurday 20:00 both would work

/Lars

Lets take our game on Wednesday 20:00 then.

See you then
//Kerrai

Okej so it's a date

/Lars

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on April 08, 2013, 09:50:49 AM
So Hakos, sorry about delaying! It's a hectic week for me, and I don't have too many options, but here they are:

Tuesday from about 18:00 (earlier if absolutely necessary)
Friday from about 18:00
Saturday day-time, evening's busy.
Sunday (not too early)

All times from friday and forward is ok for me. I would prefer saturday day time with sunday as reserve day.

/Håkan

tags

Quote from: hakos on April 09, 2013, 08:03:23 PM
So Hakos, sorry about delaying! It's a hectic week for me, and I don't have too many options, but here they are:

Sunday (not too early)

All times from friday and forward is ok for me. I would prefer saturday day time with sunday as reserve day.

/Håkan

Sounds good to me, shall we aim for Saturday at 13:00 then? Just to name a time.

Lars

Match between dorfs an chaos has now been played ended with a result of 0-0. it was a pretty boring match with a lot of blocking from both sides. The highligt of the match was when the dorfs actulay tried to do some elf play and they almost got away with it the initial longpass worked but the following dodge did not. Thanks for a good match Kerrai and see yuo on the battlfield again.

Mr B

Cool,  I'll validate this later tonight.

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on April 09, 2013, 09:23:52 PM
Quote from: hakos on April 09, 2013, 08:03:23 PM

Sunday (not too early)

/Håkan

Sounds good to me, shall we aim for Saturday at 13:00 then? Just to name a time.

Sounds good to me, see you then

/Hakos

Mr B

Quote from: johoohno on April 08, 2013, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: Mr B on April 08, 2013, 08:19:54 PM

Friday then (would prefer keeping Saturday for the wife and kids). Is 21.00 a good time for you or do you want to start half an hour earlier or so?
Online and ready...

Mr B

Thanks for the game Johonono.
It was a tight game, the bigger goblins won (the new chaos goblins looked like smaller versions of the good old once  ;D).

hakos

Last match of day 3 is played. Please validate and forward to next day.

I'm still in a bit of shock over having lost this after the good start I had.

I started as receiver and quickly injured two of his player and scored after that. He managed a quick score to even to 1-1 after the first half but I created some more injuries and KO's in the process.

Second half he starts as receiver, with only 7 players. I managed to get the ball loose after two turns and then he gets it into the hands of my star player. Nice. I have a really good cage around him and almost all of his team is down, including the war dancers, and surrounded by my guys. I feel secure.

Then he gets up with one war dancer, leaps, dodges and makes a -2D blocks and get the ball loose due to strip ball even if his girl goes down. He manages to stand up with his second war dancer, dodge a little, move in and pick up the ball and dodges out again. And suddenly I look stupid. He scores shortly after that.

I have 3 turns to even the score but am not playing that well. Lost focus completely after that turn of events. So the match ends 2-1 to the wood elves.

/Hakos

tags

Whoa, that was an exciting match that could've gone either way until the very end. It was looking a bit bleak after I got hit with two BH's in the first two-three rounds, as well as a KO, followed up by a werewolf touchdown. Luckily for me, the hits didn't keep on coming quite that fast, and I was able to reply with a pretty standard fare breakthrough up the middle and touchdown with a wardancer. It was a bit risky though, as I left myself open to a frenzy block from a werewolf. Thankfully, no tackle (on anyone actually), and I was able to sidestep so that the follow-up block was 1d. No POW's, so the following turn made it 1-1.

Some drama towards the end of the first half surprisingly left the elves with a chance to go 2-1, but a blitz from a wright managed to get the POW.

When the second half starts, I'm down to 6 elves and a log against a full compliment of scary underworlders. Sure enough, the number difference is starting to show, and I'm struggling to break through. A crucial loner dodge fails, and a werewolf gets my carrier down. Hakos quickly forms a pretty solid cage with only one corner missing, and I realize that I have to make a gamble now or lose this 2-1. Queue strip ball wardancer leaping from one tackle zone to three, making a 2d-against blitz on the carrier, and succeeding. A decent bounce sees the ball landing in a single Gangnam tackle zone, and my other dancer leaps in to pick it up. From there on out, she was able to quite comfortably secure the TD for 2-1, although pressured to leave 3 turns left in the game. I don't think my luck was extraordinary throughout the game (BBM gives me a slight edge), but I certainly had some very solid dice right there when I needed it the most.

Still with 7 players against a full 11 with werewolves and a ghoul, this was going to be tough to defend for three turns. Sure enough, a wolf manages to pick up the ball on first try, and I'm pretty sure we're looking at 2-2. Miraculously though, the ghoul fails a crucial 3+ hand-off catch with RR, and the turnover in turn 15 with nobody within scoring range is a fact.

Thanks for the game Hakos, it was one of the more exciting ones I've played in a while! :)

Mr B

Looks like a fun game, it's valid and a new week awaits!