Season 10 Match day 7

Started by J-Reedy, May 08, 2013, 04:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on May 12, 2013, 11:07:29 AM
There was a lot of discussion before we started about how we would do this season, but to be honest, I'm not really sure about the outcome. I suspect this may just be a league-season without play-offs though..?
The current setting for S10 is championship, ie no cup in the end.
If we'd like to it is easy arranged, what do the people say? 8)

tags

Quote from: Mr B on May 12, 2013, 06:24:28 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on May 12, 2013, 11:07:29 AM
There was a lot of discussion before we started about how we would do this season, but to be honest, I'm not really sure about the outcome. I suspect this may just be a league-season without play-offs though..?
The current setting for S10 is championship, ie no cup in the end.
If we'd like to it is easy arranged, what do the people say? 8)

I'd just as soon start season 11, but I'm up for a cup if people want to. As I think most people agreed on before though, there's really no point in play-offs if everyone's qualified. With only 8 people in the league, I'd say maybe just finals, or at most semi-finals then finals.

But yeah, this season was one of many new teams and great TV differences. I think maybe it'll be better if we just roll on to next season?

EDIT: Oh, and for the future, let's try to agree on this _before_ the season is played :D

Mr B

Totally agree, if this would be cup-ending my advise would be semi followed by a final...
Or go ahead with S11, and then see how many there are to decide about cup or not and if, then how big,.. for S11

hakos

Final match played and after an exciting match it ended in 2-2. Basically none of us were able to stop the others drive.

I started quite good for me. Managed to score in t5 after knocking 8 of his guys off the field. Including Stinky, the mean Rat Ogre who blitzed me every turn that he stayed on the pitch. Unfortunately no injuries and since he had bought two Bloodweiser Babes before the match 6 of the KO'ed players got back.

The rats put all on one flank and got through my defense quite easily and built up a nice cage in the middle of my half. Then he picked up the ball, moved forward as much and possible and made a very long pass that the gutter runner in the middle of the cage catched. I put everything I had around the cage and then blitzed stinky with Xie Xie, the werewolf, and managed to score the only injury of the match. But the rats just dodged, moved a lot and scored. 1-1 in the first half.

Second half and Gnaarkill is on the offensive. Once again he puts all on one side but this time I'm much more prepared and stop him effectively. He is more or less in a cage with my players around him. Or at least that is what I think. The rats are fast, and it turns out that more rats than guter runners can dodge so suddenly he moves over to the other side. Once again I put pressure on him and pushes him hard. But the damned gutter runner makes 5 3+ rolls in a row to score.

I have four turns to equalize. I crush him on the LOS, picks up the ball and makes a nice cage. He tries to stop me but I can move the cage forward each turn and in turn 15 I make a hole in his defence and with just one go for it I score. 2-2 and final result.

In total the result is quite fair. Overall it was a good, intensive match and as always Gnaarkill is a really good sport.

/Hakos

hakos

I really think there should be a cup, there has been one all other seasons that I have played here. I have no problem with everyone getting into the cup, it is still interesting trying to avoid meeting the top dogs in the quarter final... Also, I would like a chance to get revenge on those pesky golbins that I met in the first round in this season...

However, since nothing was decided and many probably are eager to get on to season 11 I think it is ok to have only semi-final or only final. Actually, in this case I think only a final would be good. Then it is only one week more.

And I really think that the chaos guys that have come in second, not losing a single match, and also gave the wood elves there only loss, deserves a final match. To decide once and for all who is the best, chaos or woodies.

/Hakos

Barmution

Yeah, I vote for going straight for the final between Lasseman and Kvasilad (unless they both refuse), and then go ahead and start season 11 as soon as possible (w00t!).

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

yes would be fun with some sort of ending of the tournament, semi/final or just a final.

/Lars

tags

Sounds good to me, I have too many elves that are alive at the moment anyway :P

In any case, I guess we can get the sign-up thread for season 11 going? If there's only one match left in this season, it shouldn't take too long to play.

tags

Quote from: Lars on May 13, 2013, 10:10:20 AM
yes would be fun with some sort of ending of the tournament, semi/final or just a final.

/Lars

Ok, really starts to seem like this is the consensus then. Unfortunately, I'm having a busy week, and will be traveling around the weekend. I think my first opportunity to play is actually Tuesday evening (21st of May). Rest of that week should be pretty open as well.

Mr. B, will you set up the formalities with the league manager thingie?

Mr B

Hmm, this is why we need to determine this before we start the season.

The least number of teams are 8, then we can set up so the after the regular season we run a cup with 8/4/2  teams to determine the winner.
But starting a cup now is ok but it will require 8 teams.
Which sounds better to initiate S11 instead and congratulate Kvasilad as Season 10 champ and Lasseman as runner up.
My thoughts only.

/B

Lars

Lets skipp the cup then it will just take to long with all 8 teams better to get the new seson up and running with a nice cup at the end.
/Lars

tags

Well, I guess I'm biased, but starting a cup with all the teams sounds like a brand new season to me. I vote for starting s11.

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on May 14, 2013, 05:21:24 PM
Well, I guess I'm biased, but starting a cup with all the teams sounds like a brand new season to me. I vote for starting s11.
Except that only winners goes through.
So 4 teams will have one game only and one game/week would mean 3 weeks 8-4-2 --> Winner

Barmution

I'll add my vote to skipping the cup and go straight for S11 since both 1st and 2nd place agrees on it.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.