Match Day 1 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, June 02, 2013, 12:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

All Right, Blood Bowl server is up again and we have our first match day of season 11 ready to go! Here are the matchups:

Game on!

J-Reedy

Hi Niklas/Equilibri!

Nice activity from your part, it's much appreciated!

Here's some info on my free gaming times. All the stated times are CET/GMT+2:
- Monday (the 2nd): any time after 18.
- Tuesday: I'm free for the whole day
- Wednesday: any time after 18
- Thursday to Saturday I'll be at a friend's cottage without electricity so no gaming.
- Sunday (the 9th): I should get back home sometime during the afternoon. I'll let you know later, if nescessary.

Let me know if you any of those times suit you, sir!

Mr B

Nice J-man
I wait until all other games are played until I validate my own game... which will be a 0-2 loss or win for my opp.
Incase some one wants to join.
/B

Barmution

Great work, guys! Can't wait to get outrun but not outgunned  ;)

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Let it be know for all that Cougar Kittens will travel to test the mettle of the dark elf team Klar Karond Seahawks on Tuesday at 20.00 GMT+2 (General Massacre Time with +2 chance of temporal distorions)!

hakos

Nul Gazzette - Season 11, Day 1

Welcome all to silly season 11, where rookie team faces old veterans. Seems the stadium owner will have to do a lot of subsidizing. Which means we will see lot of famous players enter the pitch. Rumour has it that Morg N'Thorg have got a private room at the arena to be readily available since he might have to play at least one match per day, maybe more.

For day 1 we have invited Coach Hakos to hear his take on the first matches of the season.

Gazzette: Let's start with Opa Gangnam Style's match against the Gobbos. Your team has so far been a disappointment, only 3 wins in 13 matches and last time you met the gobbos you lost. Despite the gobbos having never played a match of blood bowl before. How do you plan to change that?

Hakos: They won cause of bribes, so this time I will do the same. And to regain the money I have placed a big bet at the bookies on our victory.

Gazzette: Yes, I heard you got the odds 1:1 from him, I'm impressed you have gotten 3 wins with those mathematical skills you have shown us.

Hakos: Hey, what do you mean by that? He told me that was very good odds.

Gazzette: Of course, and he is also the cousin of the judge of your match but never mind, let's move on to a more interesting match. The Partly Animals vs Radioaktiv! The first match there Morg N'Thorg or other stars might show up. There is a massive 600 points in team value difference. The wood elves won last season so they must be considered the favorites this season as well.

Hakos: Only one team has won NUL twice and that was season 1 and 2, in the grey mists of pre-historic times. So I expect there to be another winner this season. However, the team certainly looks good, although a bit underelved, but with those two war dancers they can win any match. So they will definitely be a contender for this match and the title this season as well. I'm especially impressed with Amy Winemouse and her 14 touch downs.

The Radioaktiv team is rather new, the half-time of the players was rather quick last season but I have a feeling that the coach's 350 matches of experience will start to show in this season so I wont count them out just yet. And did I mention they might have Morg N'Thorg coming to play for them?

Gazzette: Right, let's move on to the match all the guys have waited for, the match with lots of boobs, and no, we are not talking about the budweiser babe's attributes here. Not because they are not worth talking about...

[Some seconds pass]

Hakos: Should I get you a napkin, you seem to drool a bit right now?

Gazzette: Ah, no, what was I thinking about. Lets get back to the match of Cougar Kittens vs the brand new team of Klar Karond Seahawks. What's your thoughts on this one?

Hakos: I always love to see the Cougar Kittens play, they are the most experienced team here with 28 matches but with only two players still left from the original team. Of course, one of them is their star Lana Kreuk, who will undoubtley continue suprising everyone. And by the way, you should really interview their coach next time, he is a wizard of wordequilibrism.

And with that, lets talk about Equilibri. No recorded matches, a complete new team. Does he stand a chance? Well, he might give us some surprises. I heard he is the organizer for the GothBowl next year so he is probably not so new that he might want us to believe.

Gazzette: Yes, definitely an interesting team to follow. Now over to the undoubtely most anticipated match this season. And it happens already in the first day. The two heaviest, biggest, baddest killing machines are facing each other already now. What mayhem, or should I say, chaos, there will be.

Hakos: Oh yes, and the teams facing them in day 2 will be quite happy about this matchup. I have no idea how this will end. The Mad Science Fair ended up 3rd last season. They have reached a team value of 1870 in just 15 matches while only losing 2 of those. The coach has played a staggering 385 matches so there is no lack of experience there. Definitely one of the favorites this season. They also have the most experienced player of all, T-4, who has managed to reach 59 star player points, well on his way to legendary status.

But if there is one team that can stop them, then it is the Chaotic Dudes. They came in second place last season and did not lose a single match, in fact, they have not lost in the last 9 matches they have played so they are in really good shape. Although exactly what shape a Minatour with tentacles has I'm not quite sure of. The team definitely leads the casuality league since they occupy both first and second spot there. Krak-Krieg, their minotaur is now up to 20 casualties and Far-Nogor, one of only two lvl 5 players in the league, is up to 14 very unhappy opponents.
Both teams have players with claws  so even if they have good armor we should expect too see a lot of chaos insides on the pitch. Which the rest of us will be grateful too see.

Gazette: And with that promise of blood, violence, naked skins, old veterans, rookies, bad math skills and perhaps a tiny weeny bit of actual playing we say thank you for reading this edition of the Nul Gazzette.

Hakos: See you on the pitch !

tags

Johoohno, we meet again! I don't think the dice can be quite as crazy two matches in a row... can they? :)

Anyway, I've got a busy couple of weeks, so it will be difficult.

I believe I can play tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2030-ish and later.

Thursday I can probably not play, but _maybe_ in the evening at around 21.

Friday-Monday is out, unfortunately.

Next Tuesday is probably a good day.

Let me know which days you have available, and I can try to juggle things around if possible!

Oh, and great write-up Hakos :)

Barmution

Hi Lasseman!

I hope I can interest you in a match Thursday evening, starting between 19.00-21.00, since my new kitchen has arrived and I need to get a shitload of work done before the plumber and electrician arrives on Monday.

-Barm

PS. Nice writeup, H!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

Quote from: Barmution on June 04, 2013, 10:10:56 AM
Hi Lasseman!

I hope I can interest you in a match Thursday evening, starting between 19.00-21.00, since my new kitchen has arrived and I need to get a shitload of work done before the plumber and electrician arrives on Monday.

-Barm

PS. Nice writeup, H!

So we have aggreed to play at thursday at 2000.

Nice writing Hakos

/Lars

J-Reedy

AND SO IT HAS BEGUN:

Amazons just proved too experienced for the rookie dark elves who also lost one of their blitzers to the Grim Reaper. The Dark elves still had a remote chance to equalizer at the final turn of the second half, but the required +1 dodge - +0 dodge (next to tackle) - long bomb - catch - go for it failed at the second dodge with no rerolls remaining.

Nice match anyway Equilibri, you did your best against more experienced team and especially your defence at the final moments was nice.

Edit: Just noticed that the dark elf's MVP from the match went to the dead blitzer... Bad luck there, sorry about that. Seems nobody has gotten a decent start with the dark elfs in this league except for Barm. Would be nice to know what kind of dark pacts he had to make to make it happen  :)

PS. And an extremly nice write-up there Hakos! Kudos to you.

johoohno

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, things tend to pack up in May/June. I can't play tomorrow so it looks as if we're going for Tuesday June 11? 20:30ish (CET)?

Quote from: kvasilad on June 04, 2013, 09:16:57 AM
Johoohno, we meet again! I don't think the dice can be quite as crazy two matches in a row... can they? :)

Anyway, I've got a busy couple of weeks, so it will be difficult.

I believe I can play tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2030-ish and later.

Thursday I can probably not play, but _maybe_ in the evening at around 21.

Friday-Monday is out, unfortunately.

Next Tuesday is probably a good day.

Let me know which days you have available, and I can try to juggle things around if possible!

Oh, and great write-up Hakos :)

Brilliant write-up Hakos!

tags

Quote from: johoohno on June 04, 2013, 09:16:50 PM
Hi! Sorry for the late reply, things tend to pack up in May/June. I can't play tomorrow so it looks as if we're going for Tuesday June 11? 20:30ish (CET)?

Sounds good, I'll mark that down in my calendar :)

Barmution

With a generous bit of help from Nuffle the Mad Science Fair avenge last season's loss against the Chaotic Dudes:

After getting 3 double skulls in 2 turns things looked ugly for the Dorfs, but then Nuffle did a massive u-turn and the Fair started to remove Chaos players. Even so, the Chaotic Dudes managed to defend against our onslaught and the first half ended 0-0. Then came the turning point with a massively lucky kick combined with a Blitz! event allowed me snatch the ball and eventually get away with it after a major scrum in the middle. The fresh Darkies of the Klar Karond Seahawks should feel indebted to the Fair as they will face a Chaos team without a Minotaur and with one less Block/Guard Beastman. Luckily no permanent damage for either teams otherwise.

Thanks for the match, Lasseman!
-Barm

Mr B

I actually saw the middle part of the game  ;D
Grats Barm and I feel a bit sorry for the Dudes afterwards.

Nice game anyhow.

Barmution

Thanks B! There was very little doubt that the Dudes got the short end of the Nuffle stick this time, but that just means that they've got proper motivation to shred my niggled Dorfs to ribbons at the next opportunity :p