Match Day 2 - Just OPENED

Started by J-Reedy, June 03, 2013, 03:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars

Yhea as we discused in game you should have bought RR instead of the expencive and usless star player. That might have helpt you a bit but with those kinds of damage rolls any team will suffer hard.

/Lars

hakos

Ouch, what a tough start for the dark elves. 3 killed in 2 matches, that is worse than it should be, even if your opponents are veteran teams. And then only one SPP to show for it, I really hope it gets better for you.

Hope this does not scare you away Equilibri, at least it cannot go any worse now...

/hakos

johoohno

Yay, a victory for underworld! Though it was quite a close match withno goals before halftime and the 1-1 goal scored by Hakos in turn 13 I think. Part of the game the ball was transported in cage but more often than not there were rushes made by either team and Hakos has a knack for making and using good holes to gain yards, whereas the gobbos rely a lot on good rolls to get where they need to be. And last goal came in turn 16 when the ball was only a few feet away from my touchdown zone, undeads closing in from all angels. Luckily one of my throwers made a long pass up to a gobbo, slipping through the undeads reaching claws and fingers. The gobbos are still celebrating on the field and trying to get Morg in as a regular since he's even better at throwing them around without taking a bite every once in a while (the troll is sulking in a corner since he didn't achieve anything but a knocked out zombie all trhough the match). However, Morg hasn't made any promises but seems eager to join in at least once more this season now that he's seen victory is not impossible.

hakos

Yeah, it was a rather equal match and result 1-1 would have been representative of it.

I think you did one dodge, one pick up, one long bomb, one failed interception, one catch, one dodge, one gfi to score the winning goal in the last turn. I have to admit I didn't see that one coming.

But congratulations for taking good care of your chances.

Barmution

The Partly Animals take a severe beating at the hands of the Mad Science Fair but still manage to draw 2-2:

Intense game where we both managed to turn around dire situations with some heroic dice rolling. The Animals' 2-0 score should be of special note here  ;) After my Hobo managed to BH off Kvasi's Tree in turn one on a foul (and got rewarded with both a send off and a MVP) there was little doubt about which way the bash war was turning, but the Animals weathered the storm and only got 2 MNGs to show for the murderific dorf onslaught.

Good game, Kvasi, it was tense all the way!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

It was a good game, and a very unpredictable one. From having quite horrible luck failing 1 out of 3 dodges throughout the game, I had some really intense bursts of luck with both the first and second touchdown I scored. After the beating my team had taken by then, of course, it was mostly a question of how long I could stall.

My favourite part of it was of course turn 7, where your ball carrier one square away from touchdown was hit by lightning bolt -> WD dodge + leap + pick-up + long pass -> Catch, run, hand-off -> catcher sprint to touchdown. Could not believe that actually happened :D

Barmution

Haha, yeah! That was one square from traversing the length of the pitch in a single turn, AWESOME!  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.