Started by J-Reedy, June 03, 2013, 03:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

equilibri

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 26, 2013, 07:37:07 AM
Quote from: equilibri on June 26, 2013, 12:40:11 AM
Bantha!

Its time for u to kick my Dark Elves!
When can u play?

I think thursday around 19:00 is a good time for me, how about you?

Hi Equilibri. Just to let you know that Bantha (Mr. B on the forums) is not playing this season. His team is just a filler because we have to have even number of teams. So you'll get an automatic 2-0 win from this week. That means that you'll also get SPP from two mvps and two tds assigned to your players randomly. Hope they hit the right players as you've had lousy luck with the deaths this season.

Hahaha! I knew something was wrong when nobody posted a challenge... Everybody usually do that quickly... :D

Hopefully my MVP:s will give me something to be happy about!

Thanx for the info!

equilibri

Quote from: Mr B on June 26, 2013, 08:01:56 AM
Quote from: J-Reedy on June 26, 2013, 07:37:07 AM
Quote from: equilibri on June 26, 2013, 12:40:11 AM
Bantha!

Its time for u to kick my Dark Elves!
When can u play?

I think thursday around 19:00 is a good time for me, how about you?

Hi Equilibri. Just to let you know that Bantha (Mr. B on the forums) is not playing this season. His team is just a filler because we have to have even number of teams. So you'll get an automatic 2-0 win from this week. That means that you'll also get SPP from two mvps and two tds assigned to your players randomly. Hope they hit the right players as you've had lousy luck with the deaths this season.
Correct sorry for not being clear on this Equi, I'll handle the game directly so you can enjoy the harvest  8)

No problem! Realized I read it somewhere, but just forgot it... :D
Thanx for the quick response!

Barmution

Quote from: johoohno on June 26, 2013, 10:28:16 AMBarmution will have a simple game next week, he's almost 1k ahead of me and the only starplayer worth buying is Morg. And one of my blitzers is resting too. Can't see me winning that game.
Bomber Dribblesnot can be very good against a slow, caging team like mine. And Morg is never fun to see on the opposing side. Remember that you can hire a merc Blitzer with a normal skill (hello Claw/MB/Guard) for 90k+30k+50k = 170k, so don't discount yourself too early. Worst case you can go for the fouling game as I've got 2 niggled Blockers that nobody will miss...
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on June 26, 2013, 12:45:58 PM
Quote from: johoohno on June 26, 2013, 10:28:16 AMBarmution will have a simple game next week, he's almost 1k ahead of me and the only starplayer worth buying is Morg. And one of my blitzers is resting too. Can't see me winning that game.
Bomber Dribblesnot can be very good against a slow, caging team like mine. And Morg is never fun to see on the opposing side. Remember that you can hire a merc Blitzer with a normal skill (hello Claw/MB/Guard) for 90k+30k+50k = 170k, so don't discount yourself too early. Worst case you can go for the fouling game as I've got 2 niggled Blockers that nobody will miss...

I will do whatever I can to reduce the power of the Mighty scientists before you face them, although it will probably be the other way around in the end. I'm considering to go for the fouling game again, but have not decided yet.

I have always wondered how good the halfling chefs are, you could theoretically make sure Barm has not RR's left. Probably not worth it, though.

/Hakos

Barmution

TBH the inducement that scares me the most is the Wizard. With little speed and only one dedicated ball-handler it could possibly be enough to make me spill the ball to prevent me from scoring in a given half. Nothing, I repeat nothing, makes me happier to see than an opponent foregoing the Wizard to pick up Morg. Wizard + Apo + Babes + Bribes + induced LoS/fouling fodder is by far a worse scenario as my TV and skill set allows me to tie up or even get rid of Morg pretty efficiently. In addition I've watched a couple matches where people w Morg seem to forget that he's only 1 assist away from getting 3d instead of 2d on a ST3 piece. 3D really increases the odds for a good result. If you're using Morg to 2d Blodge pieces you're effectively wasting 430k worth of inducements unless you get really lucky.

Just some friendly hints  ;)
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on June 27, 2013, 09:08:15 AM
...as my TV and skill set allows me to tie up or even get rid of Morg pretty efficiently...

-Barm

I can testify to that.

J-"hired Morg and saw him leave the field on the 4th turn of 1st half with serious injury"-Reedy

Lars

the match start off with chaos receiving. They arranged a cage around the ball and the rest did some brawling at middle trying to get rid of the tree but failed with that. When the tree wanted to brawl back he faild and ended upp in the KO box. The chos team moved in a slow pase along one of the edges trying to inflict as much damage as possible, but the elfs fought back bravely and did to BH on the chaos and KO:ed 2 before the dudes could score in round 8.  in second all of the ko:ed came back and the elfs tried a nice ride on one of the sides and nearly mad it but failed with a dodge and the ball carrier fell over the chaos got the ball and built a cage and started the long transport again. this time the elfs managed to get the ball back once more but just briefly begor the dudes managed to get it again and score in round 16.   

in this match nuffel seemed to wanna punish the elfs by making it extra hard to dodge aat least it was failed dodges in critical moments that gave the vicory to the dudes otherwise it might have ended with a draw.

/Lars

Barmution

The Science Fair chose to receive and was awarded with the opportunity to remove a Flesh Golem on the los and promptly BH'ed him off with their freshly aquired Claw/MB dorf, although he regenned nicely. The play devolved into a giant scrum quickly after Opa decided to leave their ST5 Golem in contact with both the ball carrier and another clawed dorf. This proved to be the poor Golem's undoing as he took a lethal block and even the hired Igor couldn't patch him up again. The scrum then shifted one side of the pitch with Opa cleverly managing to trap some key Fair players against the sidelines, but the Fair managed to sneak out their ball carrier and tried to run him up the opposite side with some support. Alas for him, the rogue wizard hired by Opa took down all three of it's targets, making it easy for the Necros to stop a dorf score for the remainder of the half.

The second half saw another scrum evolve on the los immediately after kick off and after some back and forth the ball carrying ST4 Ghoul hid too close behind a line of zombies who were taken down and suffered the wrath of Minotaur Sharktopus Beta who even managed to pick-up the ball on the bounce. The Necros hurt off a dorf with a Werewolf, who was saved from limping around by the apo, and the chase was on for the Fair to try to get Sharktopus to the end zone to score his first TD ever! It looked like it could be his lucky day for a while, starting with blitzing his way through a Wight who suffered an unregenerated niggling injury, but then the same Werewolf that had taken down a dorf earlier sacked Sharktopus with a 2d against that turned out a double pow! However, Opa was down in numbers after this and could not mobilize enough manpower to tie down the Fair, resulting in a failed dodge for the hero wolf that sealed the deal and the 1-0 for the Fair.

Well played, Hakos. Really sorry about that dead ST5 Golem, I know how it is to lose such players. I hope your hero wolf rolls something to compensate you on his new level. Better luck further on, mate!
-Barm

hakos

This was a sad match. Losing my st5, block golem really hurts. Although, it wasn't the block that got him, it was the foul directly afterwards...

First half started really bad. In turn 1 I lost one golem and one zombie. In turn two I lost my other golem, permanently. After that I gave up the match and just decided to hit his best players as hard as possible and not focusing on the ball any more. In one way it succeeded better than expected, I got his soon to be legendary T-4 down on the ground and started to kick him. He sent over some guys to help him, I managed to get them close to the sideline, so he got even more guys to that border. Suddenly it was even in guys on the other side, there the ball was. Time for the fireball to help out and for the first time ever for me the fireball did what it should and after that it was almost easy to stop the scoring. 0-0 after first half, but to a very huge cost. Felt like I had a chance again.

Second half, I was on the offensive and started to push forward but lost two guys already in t9. So even in this half I was severly outnumbered already from the start. Tried to switch side but continued to lose guys rapidly and in turn 11 I gave up the hope to score and only played for a 0-0 match. It almost succeeded but he managed to do a key 50/50 ball pickup in turn 15 and I failed a key 50/50 Dodge in turn 16 that in theory could have saved the match for me.

It was a long time since I did so many 1D blocks, so many 50/50 Dodges, got quite lucky with most of those, which is the only reason the result was not even worse. It was really a one sided affair.

Note to self for next match: Kill the armor maker and get a new one.

/Hakos

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on June 30, 2013, 01:46:38 PM
This was a sad match. Losing my st5, block golem really hurts. Although, it wasn't the block that got him, it was the foul directly afterwards...
I'm quite sure it was the block and BBManager backs me up on that.

Quote from: hakos on June 30, 2013, 01:46:38 PM
Note to self for next match: Kill the armor maker and get a new one.

/Hakos
I only got 3.78 vs your 3.23 2d6 so your armor maker shouldn't get the boot/dagger yet... 5/17 armor breaks resulting in injury is the killer, though. So I guess you've got to find the guys responsible for placing all your guys' vital organs in easily available spots and make him suffer. As I said in game I felt hugely lucky in key moments and the injury dice really compounded that. Sorry, mate.  :(

Mr B

Game valid, day forwarded.

hakos

Hey, Mr B

It seems you have not updated BBManager with the last two matches for the goblins...

/H

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on June 30, 2013, 11:07:03 PM
Hey, Mr B

It seems you have not updated BBManager with the last two matches for the goblins...

/H
Fixed  ;)