Match Day 3 - OPEN

Started by J-Reedy, June 03, 2013, 03:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Match played, and it's another draw in this violent elf v elf affair:

Not sure why it says deaths 0, because I most definitely had one on Rhinoceros Plasty, one of my original line-up with +AG and dodge. Also, Lasseman will be happy to know there was an MNG on a Wardancer, so he has one less he can kill :P

It was a bit of a strange game, where I actually defended the entire first half, and managed to pick off the ball at the very end, going to half-time with 0-0. In the second half, I scored quickly, 0-1.

After that, there was a nasty pitch invasion which went my way (except that they KO'd my tree), so I took advantage and scored again, 0-2.

On the third drive of the second half, I had 4 guys out from the sweltering heat, and managed to field 5 elves. This was down to 3 by the time Seahawks scored. 1-2.

In retrospect, I should have stalled on the last drive, but hey, that wouldn't be very wood-elfy now would it? I tried to break through with a very offensive formation, and we suddenly had an extra turn in the game due to pitch invasion. My wardancer with the ball got taken down by the sideline, there was a very unfortunate (for me) throw-in, and I was unable to do anything about Seahawks stealing it for a last-turn touchdown.

Thanks for the game Equilibri, it was a weird and fun one!

equilibri

Yeah, it was a weird game that seemed to be decided by the audience!
Pitch Invasion, ball thrown in and the riot that gave me the extra turn to score!

But, it was a fun game and finally a game where I didn't lose any player and got more than 1 SPP! :D

I think the death was from the wizard, so that is maybe why it wasn't written on the result.

Thanks again for a great and funny game!

Barmution

@kvasi: Was the death from a foul, failed dodge or thrown rock? Somebody has said that the BBManager match screen only shows casualties resulting in SPP.

Sounds like an exciting match btw  ;D
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: Barmution on June 20, 2013, 08:56:21 AM
@kvasi: Was the death from a foul, failed dodge or thrown rock? Somebody has said that the BBManager match screen only shows casualties resulting in SPP.

Sounds like an exciting match btw  ;D
-Barm

As equi pointed out, it was from a wizard!

Lars

Quote from: hakos on June 19, 2013, 05:58:58 PM
Quote from: Lars on June 18, 2013, 09:23:13 AM
Quote from: hakos on June 17, 2013, 07:11:53 PM
Quote from: Lars on June 17, 2013, 10:56:54 AM
Hakos when can you play i should be abel to play today monday from 19:00 or thursday from 19:00 or sunday from 20:00

/Lars

Thursday 19:00 sounds fine, already considering what kind of extra stuff I should get for this match. Anything in particular you don't want to see on or off the pitch?

/hakos

Cheerleaders! Undead cheerleaders are the awfull.

/Lars

Hi

I think I need to change this match to sunday 20:00. I will have to work overtime tomorrow. :(

Will use the time to sack the most undead of my cheerleaders :)

/Hakos

okej so see you sunday then

/Lars

Barmution

The fine gals of the Cougar Kittens outsmart the Science Fair in spite of suffering a deluge of casualties (only 2 MNG and 5 BH, so Kitten fans do not need to despair) and come nerve wrackingly close to taking home a victory:

I really thought I had that match in the box after the first smattering of injuries (especially when Morg bit the dust in turn 4) but J-Reedy really showed me some amazing positioning and not only drew the match but was close to turning the match on me and making the Fair go home empty handed.

Thanks for a great and thrilling match, J-R - that really was one for the books!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on June 20, 2013, 10:58:14 PM
The fine gals of the Cougar Kittens outsmart the Science Fair in spite of suffering a deluge of casualties (only 2 MNG and 5 BH, so Kitten fans do not need to despair) and come nerve wrackingly close to taking home a victory:

The small scientist folk really demonstrated that they are capable of doing precision surgical strikes with high efficiency. First half saw lots of interesting experiments on the anatomy of the human species (sub genome amazonas whenchenicus) which kept dwindling the bench of the Cougar Kittens. Fortunately for the Kittens the carny folk of the Science Fair had forgot to tie up their beards as per to the standards of scientifical field expirements. This meant that their beards kept getting in the way and softening the blows. It could also be that the scientist had too little experience on the female anatomy and therefore they were distracted as the two spherical pieces of body that dwarfs are naturally inclined to hit were missing from the crotch region of their test subjects. Instead the test subjects had two softer and somewhat bigger half-spheres present at their chest region, far too high for the smallish scientists to reach without a ladder. This hypothesis of the Science Fair lacking knowledge on female anatomy is supported by the fact that the most serious injury (that of the fractured leg) was laid on the only male test subject present that being star player Morg'n'Thorg whom the Kittens had freebooted.

Yep, the match was as violent as I feared but fortunately there were no permanent damage done. I scored early at first half with a long left field run when the dwarfies consentrated on the middle field bashing. At the second kickoff riot moved the clock forward one turn which made the defence bit easier but Barm still got close to end zone. On second half Barm scored at turn 3 or 4  to tie the game. At that point I had only 7 or 8 Kittens left on the field so my only objective was to try to keep the ball away from the dwarfs to secure a tie. This was made hard as the kickoff landed right next to line of scrimmage at left side. I managed to secure the ball butt Barm got it knocked loose. I got the ball again and ran deeper into my own field but the bull centaurs came knocking and loosened the ball once again. At that point I was sure I was going to loose but then I got a bit of sun shine from Nuffle and I managed to stun and down both of the centaurs and run the ball to midfield. This resulted into one of the biggest end game scrimmages at midfield I've ever seen. Fortunately my gals managed to stay on the field and at some cases even at their feet unlike earlier in the game. The ball got loose but bounced to my favour twice so at one point I actually had a fair chance to go for a score if I managed to pick up the ball. But at that point both of us were out of rerolls so the failed pickup stayed a failed pickup. However, that scrimmage was enough to get all of the Science Fair away from scoring position and I actually get to celebrate a tie game which was more than I anticipated before the match.

Overall, this was a game that looked to be decided early by injuries but still managed to get really exciting game at the end of second half. Thanks again for the nice game Barm!

PS. Nuffle also favored my TD scorer catcher Lana Kreukk with +st roll which was nice.

PPS. Me thinks that with the "amazing positioning" Barm talked about he meant my tactic of "park the fragile amazon next to a dwarf with tackle to tie the little bugger down, close your eyes on opponent's turn and hope for the best".

hakos

Thanks for all the nice match reports, always interesting and fun reading.

Seems to be an awful lots of draws so far. Might be a very even season.

Barmution

@J-R: The positioning really came into play when you managed to lock me out of preventing your score by closing off the flank in the first half and in the second half committing so many players to a scrum would've been way too risky for my style of play, but you pulled it off and it payed off really well.

@Hakos: Yeah, very nice results so far. Always cool when the field is somewhat tight instead of having one or two runaway leaders  :)

hakos

Final match of day 3 played, and it is yet another draw, 1-1.

BBmanager confirms that this was indeed one of the most even match'es I have played with regard to dices, and result.

It started badly for me, played bad and rolled bad. This meant I didn't manage to build up a cage around my ball carrier and everything just ended up in a big scrum in the middle. I lost the ball, got it back, lost it again, got it back and finally lost it again. Didn't manage to do any injury at all on his team, even if I tried hard. Got his minotaur down twice and kicked him a qadruple amount of times, but only managed to stun him twice. Instead both my wolves left the field. First half ended up in a very frustrating 0-0.

It might be that Lasseman was even more frustrated than me, though. His lvl 5 killer bestman didn't even show up in the first half due to a bug... Didn't realize it until late in the first half, so really sorry for that Lasseman. I really got an unfair advantage there.

Second half, the chaos guys were on the offensive. I continued to focus on hitting his minotaur and got rewarded with a very satisfying crack of bones. Unfortunately it took so many guys to do it that his ag 4 beastman with two heads had a rather easy time slipping through my defenses scoring 0-1 in turn 13. Despite this I must say that the dices really changed in the second half, to my advantage.

Final drive, still 11 vs 11 players but I were able to remove some guys rather quickly, build a wall on the right flank and slowly but surely moved the ball, in a cage, into a possible scoring position in turn 16. He managed to dodge a couple of times and block down my poor ghoul, but with some incredible luck the ball ended up in the hands of my second ghoul. Just one block later and I could score 1-1 as the last thing that happened in the match.

The team meeting the chaos guys in day 4 will be happy to know they will miss the minotaur.

/Hakos