Match Day 5 - OPEN

Started by J-Reedy, June 03, 2013, 03:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

...and so the plot thickens!

Great read, JR!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: hakos on July 01, 2013, 05:29:34 PM
Quote from: equilibri on July 01, 2013, 07:29:55 AM
Hakos, it's time for u to crush my elves! :D

This week I can play around 18:00 tuesday, wednesday and thursday, so pick a time and day!
The weekend is also free, if that suits you better.

Yeah, I do have some hopes of not getting as many KO's and Injuries against me in this match as in the last :)

Winning, thats another thing, I seem to have problems with elves

Thursday at 19 or the weekend would be fine for me

/Hakos

Sorry bout my late reply, but something came up thursday, so saturday looks better to me.
What time do you think is best?

//Equilibri

Lars

Really nice reports there JR :) hope you will survive without the tools.

/Lars

hakos

Quote from: equilibri on July 03, 2013, 01:37:26 PM

This week I can play around 18:00 tuesday, wednesday and thursday, so pick a time and day!

Yeah, I do have some hopes of not getting as many KO's and Injuries against me in this match as in the last :)

/Hakos

Sorry bout my late reply, but something came up thursday, so saturday looks better to me.

//Equilibri

I have become busy on parts of both saturday and sunday

Early saturday, starting 9 or 10, is ok, or late saturday, starting 18 or later

/H

tags

haha, great pre-report-write-up there J :D

Let's see if those mysterious robbers show up again.

tags

Wow! I don't think I've ever been quite so happy with a drawn game. To plunge head-first into the oldest of sports analysis clichés: that was a bit of a chess match.

It really came down to the wire at 1-1, but it could have been both 2-1 and 1-2, depending on precariously few dice. While I was one GFI away from a single turn TD in turn 8, J-man just needed a lucky bounce/pick-up in turn 16 to get the second TD.

It was an unusually controlled match for the woodies, with less of the insane stunts and more column defence with methodical blocking.

Thanks for the game! That was a really fun one :)

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on July 03, 2013, 08:52:38 PM
Thanks for the game! That was a really fun one :)

Yep, this really was a nail-biter of a game. I received first, ball got hick-kicked to my st4 catcher and then it was slow advance through Kvasi's really excellent column defence. Elfs strip balled the ball out on turn 6 with an understrenght blitz resulting in push back but my linegal recovered the ball and I managed to score at final turn by dodging into tackle zone of a wardancer who had been pushed back into TD zone. Then at the kick-off Kvasi put up a pushback show at the line of scrimmage, getting three pushing backs that moved his +move wardancer to scoring distance. Pick-up, handoff, pass, catch, leap, dodge and all that was between the wardancer and TD were two gfis. It's actually shame that the first one failed, it would've been one of the nicest if not THE nicest TDs of the season.

At second half I managed to delay the woodies for a turn or two before wardancer did her thing again, leaping and dodging through my column defence and scoring on turn 4. I had 5 turns to score, so the +st catcher got the ball again and zoomed into Animal territory. Kvasi once again got the ball with an understrength blitz, this time there even wasn't need for strip ball as my catcher fell down. My linegal got the ball once again and march proceeded into scoring distance where the linegal was brought down by a wardancer. Final turn, ball on the ground next to wardancer. I push-back the dancer with 3-die block, dancer side steps, ball bounces and situation remains the same. So now I need my st catcher to blitz down the dancer to open up a route to goal, pick-up the ball next to one tackle zone, dodge and gfi for the TD. I get a 3-die on the dancer but have to use reroll to get the dancer down so the resulting ball pick-up fails and it's end game.

As Kvasilad said, this could've been anything from 1-2 to 2-1 if some key rolls had gone other way around. Kvasi played really, really, really nice d-fence and his dancers are just too much to handle on offence.

equilibri

Quote from: hakos on July 03, 2013, 05:01:09 PM
Quote from: equilibri on July 03, 2013, 01:37:26 PM

/Hakos

//Equilibri

I have become busy on parts of both saturday and sunday

Early saturday, starting 9 or 10, is ok, or late saturday, starting 18 or later

/H

Late saturday sounds great! I don't have any other plans.

Shall we say 19:00?

hakos

Sounds excellent

/H

Barmution

Another narrow victory for the Fair:

Johoonoo almost lost Morg to a (not so) cunning trap in my turn 2, but my Mino refused to push him the last square. Afterwards there was a massive tangle up of my best players that eventually saw Radioaktiv steal the ball and score (mostly due to the Mino being seriously useless for 3 consecutive turns and a snake eyed BT dodge), but not until I had managed to remove Morg through means of breaking the bastard's leg (sooner or later he's got to understand that he's not welcome...) and a couple of other players were off Badly Hurt as well. At the start of the second half the Fair set out strongly, managing to hurt off another 2-headed gobbo who had made it through the defensive line. Suddenly, Johoonoo's luck turned on him drastically and he started losing players to failed dodges willy nilly and one of these allowed me a shot on the ball carrier which worked out. After some more smacking around the Underworlders the Fair scored in turn 12 and amazingly not a single one of J's KO'd players returned, leaving him with a mere 5 to receive the ball with. This allowed my dorfs to pressure the 2 Throwers left in the back field with my Bull Centaurs and score in turn 15. J was left a turn to do a 1ttd, the pick-up and hand-off to the goblin succeeded and the Troll made his move to pick up and toss the little bugger but promptly plunged him to the ground and BH'ed him off the field and that's all she wrote.

Interesting match, especially casualty wise as my dorfs "only" did 50% of the casualties. Failed dodges, the crowd and the frustrated Troll did the other half. Thanks for the match, Johoonoo! Btw, I think you should get yourself an apothecary, your guys seem a bit fragile.

Cheers!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: hakos on July 04, 2013, 06:06:00 PM

Sounds excellent

/H

See u tomorrow 19:00! Be nice... :D

hakos

Quote from: equilibri on July 05, 2013, 07:32:47 AM
Quote from: hakos on July 04, 2013, 06:06:00 PM

Sounds excellent

/H

See u tomorrow 19:00! Be nice... :D

I have a bad feeling about this match... :o

hakos

Pyrrhus Victory, thats the only way I can describe this match.

When it comes to Dices it were quite even. The elves had better 1D and 2D statistics but I had the clear advantage in block Dices. This was seen clearly in the first half there a couple of failed blocks left the field open for me to knock the ball loose and score 1-0.

In general the Bounces were really going my way in the first half. In turn 8 I could really capitalize on both that and blocking advantage. Some of my few successfull 1D saw me knocking loose the ball, my ghoul could hand it over to the wolf, who ran a whooping 9 Squares to score 2-0 as the absolute last thing happening in the first half.

Second half, my turn to receive, he got a Blitz that made me really nervous since he could position two players where the ball landed. However, my good luck with Bounces continued and I could get the ball loose and score 3-0 in T12.

5 turns left for the elves to at least even the numbers. They started off great by removing my best wolf, Ni Hao, permanently from the match, and since he failed the regeneration roll he got a broken neck and has done his part in the team. :( This also caused a big hole in my line and the elves run within TD distance with 3 turns to go. But now Nuffle laughed at us both, all the remaining turns ended very quickly thanks to a lot of skulls on both sides, and no RR's left. Equilibri got a final chance in T16 to score, all he needed was a pick-up, but he failed. End result, 3-0.

/Hakos

Mr B

That was a fast Md... Cya in Md 6